iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 4, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #9,841 of 13,503
Quote:
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing more comparisons with the DX100 - Not that I think I'll be switching, but competition is always nice.

Hope your problems will be fixed sooner than later, but did you try to turn on the wifi while connected to the charger?

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #9,843 of 13,503
Quote:
Hope your problems will be fixed sooner than later, but did you try to turn on the wifi while connected to the charger?

Yep. Gonna crack it open and have a look at the wifi antenna assembly now.
Quote:
I have received my DX100 a few days ago and after burn-in it sounds really good. Does anyone hear some hiss with JH13? I am using the low gain but there still some audible hiss, especially with classical music.

Even using the 12ohm UM Merlin and the ultra-revealing Heir Tzar 350 I get zero hiss from mine on low and medium gain. Could it be the recordings?

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #9,844 of 13,503
Quote:
Even using the 12ohm UM Merlin and the ultra-revealing Heir Tzar 350 I get zero hiss from mine on low and medium gain. Could it be the recordings?

I have tried various recordings with similar results. Actually the hiss (not huge but clearly audible in the low level music) is more apparent if I just pause the music and it seems to be independent from the volume. Kind of white noise.

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #9,847 of 13,503
Quote:
I have tried various recordings with similar results. Actually the hiss (not huge but clearly audible in the low level music) is more apparent if I just pause the music and it seems to be independent from the volume. Kind of white noise.

My DX100 offers no hiss to my JH13's....dead silent.  However, I have everything turned off (WIFI, bluetooth, etc.).  Try making sure yours is running in barebones mode and see what happens. 

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #9,848 of 13,503
Quote:
I have received my DX100 a few days ago and after burn-in it sounds really good. Does anyone hear some hiss with JH13? I am using the low gain but there still some audible hiss, especially with classical music.

I didnt notice any hissing with my JH13 - dont have them to hand so cant recheck at the moment. However, generally I have found the DX100 to be completely quiet.

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #9,849 of 13,503
Quote:

My DX100 offers no hiss to my JH13's....dead silent.  However, I have everything turned off (WIFI, bluetooth, etc.).  Try making sure yours is running in barebones mode and see what happens. 

You have a good point. Is there a procedure to follow to turn off all that? I have checked at the beginning that WiFi and bluetooth are not connected (box unchecked in the settings). Should I try a reset as well?

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #9,851 of 13,503
Quote:

I have no opinion here since I have no familiarity with the DX100. I also don't find a low enough hiss level troublesome but pause is often the best way to test as the pre stage is often muted during other functions.

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #9,852 of 13,503
I have the JH13's and no hiss. I normally use high gain. If I max the volume, which would destroy my hearing if music were playing, I hear the slightest amount but only then. At any rational volume pure black/silent, background.

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #9,853 of 13,503
I use ES task manager with the DX100 rooted to turn off all services that are not needed (Calender, books etc). ES Task manager also showed the 2g/3g being turned on by default as well as GPS.

Jan 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #9,854 of 13,503
Yep the DX100 should not be hissing on low gain. Definitely not be audible when music is playing. On medium gain there is very slight hiss but still not audible when music is playing. Hi gain its possible.

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #9,855 of 13,503
Quote:

Do a test. Listen to your DX100 with no music player when you plug the charger in. If the hiss sounds like it's hissing at a higher frequency than when it's not plugged in, it's a minor fault and iBasso will repair it for you. I have something similar but I just can't bare to part with my DX100 to get it fixed because it's pretty minor and everything else sounds so amazing. I'll have to do it eventually.

Regardless, get in touch with iBasso. They're pretty good in regards to customer service.

And I hope you enjoy your DX100 once it's fixed. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back