iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Sep 26, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #7,966 of 13,503
Couple of questions

does the following items works (i am pasting them as they are, mis-spelled)?

<string name="dialog_renmae">Rename</string> (renmae is mis-spelled in the string declaration)
<string name="info_lenght">Length:</string>   (lenght is mis-spelled in the string declaration).

<string name="file_exist">Palying Music is Not Exist!</string>

<string name="native_paly">Native play</string>

<public type="string" name="dialog_renmae" id="0x7f04000c" />
 <public type="string" name="info_lenght" id="0x7f040027" />

<public type="string" name="file_exist" id="0x7f04004c" />

<public type="string" name="native_paly" id="0x7f04005c" />

on the gap issue...when you select native (not the 5 or 10 second). does it work ok or still fades in?

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #7,968 of 13,503
Would a Pico Slim be an upgrade over the internal amp, or should I just use the internal amp?

While the amplifier section of the DX100 delivers superb sound, what really sets it apart from most, if not all, other portable DAPs is the ability to drive VERY challenging headphones that other portables lack the output power to drive convincingly.

While I am sure that some users prefer using an external amplifier, this really defeats the "all-in-one" concept and makes portability more cumbersome.

That said, I do often use my DX100 as a transport for my desktop amplifiers.

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #7,969 of 13,503
Quote:
Would a Pico Slim be an upgrade over the internal amp, or should I just use the internal amp?

The internal amp is very good. I would go with that but you always have the option with the line out of the DX.

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #7,970 of 13,503
Quote:
Couple of questions

does the following items works (i am pasting them as they are, misspelled)?

<string name="dialog_rename">Rename</string> (rename is misspelled in the string declaration)
<string name="info_length">Length:</string>   (length is misspelled in the string declaration).

<string name="file_exist">Playing Music does Not Exist!</string>

<string name="native_play">Native play</string>

<public type="string" name="dialog_rename" id="0x7f04000c" />
 <public type="string" name="info_length" id="0x7f040027" />

<public type="string" name="file_exist" id="0x7f04004c" />

<public type="string" name="native_play" id="0x7f04005c" />

on the gap issue...when you select native (not the 5 or 10 second). does it work ok or still fades in?

It still fades in on native play. Not sure what you mean by the coding above though, unless that is meant for ibasso. But if the spelling is wrong in anyways it won't do them any good as you had mentioned. I edited it not sure if that matter though :p. :wink:.

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #7,971 of 13,503
Quote:

I think the UHA6 MKII would be more appropriate and worth the money (it's noticeably better than the internal amp IMO). The Pico would be more underwhelming in performance.

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #7,972 of 13,503
Quote:
Problem 1, you have more than 1 type of tag embedded in your files. Either keep 3.1 or 3.2. I think with 3.1 your album art won't show up though on the DX100. So opt for 3.2. Also I noticed under year you have more than a date, you have // and whatever else. Remove extras such as that and just keep the actual year (1994). Make sure comments, composer and discnumber are blank. You also want to make sure your filename is listed like this:

01 Take Your Time Do It Right (Correct way).

You do not want 1 or even a  - or . in the title. This will mess up the order your files will show up in.

1 Take Your Time Do It Right (wrong way to do it)
01. - Take your Time Do It Right (Wrong way to do it).

Thanks for your input.  I'll do some research on this issue.  I'm a little surprised as my tags are done by EAC and I set that up consistent to tutorials that recommended that configuration for max compatibility.  I could care less about order as I do my organization by Artist-Song alphabetical.  I will admit that the extra date characters is very strange.... 

Sep 26, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #7,973 of 13,503
I knew a guy that went by wildmonkeysects. Knew a lot about digital and offered some expert advice. Used to show up on Audio Asylum digital and a few other places. 

Sep 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #7,974 of 13,503

I used to own the Pico Slim.IMHO, no its not an upgrade. Maybe different (flavour) but I won't call it an upgrade. The ALO Rx Mk3 OTOH, is. I'm listening to this combo right now in fact. And at some point I'd like to try the infamous Leckerton UHA-6S MkII.

But most of what the others here say is also correct, the DX100 internal amp is more than adequate. I only pull out an external amp when I'm sitting in a cafe or something. Otherwise when I'm on the move, I use the DX100 straight.

Edit: Here's my day so far :)

4yhe4ube.jpg

Sep 26, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #7,975 of 13,503
I use the fi.Q from time to time. An excellent amp and mine has all Black Gates non polar in super E configuration (so sad Black Gates are gone) and NOS original Japanese tantalum resistors (tight squeeze as I use 1 and 2 watt for the better sound) and a few other things. I will put the fi.Q up against anything but most of the time I listen straight out of the DX100, though I do have a few nonpolar Black Gates in there. :^)

Sep 27, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #7,976 of 13,503
Well I found out something else interesting regarding cPlay. I remember cutting and pasting large files to and from my SSD to the storage drive and it would bog down my other music players (cause the music to freeze and glitch). So it really seems those players are doing the processing of the music on the fly. While cPlay does all the converting first and doesn't do such thing during music playback. I've noticed this particularly because even when cutting and pasting large files (say up to 2 GBs or more) it doesn't affect the sound at all during music playback. :).

@AnakChan how are you enjoying your new toys for your DX100 (case and screen protectors)? I haven't used the screen protectors yet as I remember not removing the extra protection film from the original screen protector on the DX100 so when removing it now it's like a brand new screen protector again :).

Sep 27, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #7,977 of 13,503
Quote:
@AnakChan how are you enjoying your new toys for your DX100 (case and screen protectors)? I haven't used the screen protectors yet as I remember not removing the extra protection film from the original screen protector on the DX100 so when removing it now it's like a brand new screen protector again :).

As for the silicone case, it's good so far. Stops any further scratches I've already put on it :wink:. Heat hasn't done anything to it at all. I've been feeding it into my Fostex HP-A8 to burn that DAC/Amp in so my DX100 runs 24x4 with no issues. As for the screen protector, same here, I've not tried the new ones yet as the old one is still stuck on.

This setup is actually my standard setup. When I'm walking/taking the train/bus, etc. I use the DX100 on its own. Only when I sitdown somewhere for more than an hr that I'd whip out the Rx Mk3. I have tried taking my TH-900's out with the DX100 but the isolation is so poor it's not worth trying to do any decent listening so the TH-900's have stayed at home so far (except for headphone festivals).

Sep 27, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #7,978 of 13,503
I do take my DX100 out with me at times. But a lot of the time I'll take my Studio V 3rd ANV since its much more portable and the sound is still really good. Plus whatever hiss I may be aware of in a quite listening environment (not a whole lot to be honest but noticeable still) is drowned out, actually making it easier to listen to the music :p.

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #7,979 of 13,503
Man this thing looks amazing. *troll begin* but I doubt it could equal the headphone out on my iPhone 5. I mean the DX100 isn't made by Apple so...*troll end*

Trolling and joking aside, I've been away from headfi for a while and this is the first I've really read about the DX100. Wow this thing looks impressive. I want one lol. What do these go for used?

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #7,980 of 13,503
Quote:
Man this thing looks amazing. *troll begin* but I doubt it could equal the headphone out on my iPhone 5. I mean the DX100 isn't made by Apple so...*troll end*

Trolling and joking aside, I've been away from headfi for a while and this is the first I've really read about the DX100. Wow this thing looks impressive. I want one lol. What do these go for used?

Currawong has one for sale around $750 in the For Sale Sources section :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/625266/ibasso-dx100-price-includes-shipping

You may wanna read up more about it though. I love the SQ but it's UI isn't as "quick" or "advanced" as the iDevices, let's just say...my opinion anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back