iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 30, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #7,606 of 13,503
Been listening to the DX-100 for about five months now. I still can't believe how good it sounds... Six months ago the pinnacle of my audio experience was a Cowon J3 and Shure 535 IEMs. Every now and then I start up the old kit just to remind myself how much difference it makes.

Out and about I'm listening on ACS T1 custom IEMs and even on the noisiest of tube journeys, I get uninterrupted listening bliss (though I did end up at entirely the wrong destination when I missed a service change announcement). The battery life, the biggest deficit compared to the J3, has not really been an issue as it manages at least three return commutes between charges (I have forgotten to turn it off a couple of times but it recharges from my energiser battery pack easily enough). It's certainly the highest quality one box solution I've come across.

I'm listening on LCD-2s straight out of the DX-100 and the experience is spine tingling, it's a different feel to the daily commute and IEM, and it's handy to be able to hear the telephone or doorbell when I'm working from home. I've just ordered a Schiit Lyr, now that I'm doing much more listening at home and hope to get even more listening joy with that setup.

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #7,607 of 13,503
Just bought the silicone case. ¥1980 in Fujiya

7ed66b41-3be3-dd9f.jpg

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #7,608 of 13,503
Quote:
In Japan, HDP-R10 was released today, and got mine.
Its sound is brighter than DX100.
The charge voltage of the battery was changed in 5 volts.... may charge it with USB battery.

Is your impression of brightness not just because it is new and needs some "burn-in"?

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #7,609 of 13,503
My issue is not necessarily a hiss but a static noise when nothing is playing.

yeah mine too...I can't use them on my iems because of the noise, even on low gain. Are our units with defect or something?

so i just use it as a home setup with the LCD2 with sr71b and ive never heard better.

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #7,610 of 13,503
Quote:
yeah mine too...I can't use them on my iems because of the noise, even on low gain. Are our units with defect or something?
so i just use it as a home setup with the LCD2 with sr71b and ive never heard better.

My unit doesn't exhibit that. I suggest you guys get it sent in for warranty support. I mainly use my DX100 for IEMs BTW. I do pick up some minor hiss on medium gain and noticeable hiss on high gain with my IE80s. If my IE80s don't pick up hiss pretty much nothing else will :).

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #7,612 of 13,503
Quote:
My unit doesn't exhibit that. I suggest you guys get it sent in for warranty support. I mainly use my DX100 for IEMs BTW. I do pick up some minor hiss on medium gain and noticeable hiss on high gain with my IE80s. If my IE80s don't pick up hiss pretty much nothing else will :).

I use my DX100 with ES5s and I don't hear any hissing either on low gain at 170 volume through the HO.

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #7,615 of 13,503
I'm hoping I won't regret it. You would however think they would have their heads-out-of-their-as%s when developing something for such a pricey item. If not this could easily raise the defect rates of the DX100s.

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #7,616 of 13,503
Quote:

buy for us too! we will pay :p

edit: can you also post a pic with the dx100 inside it? thanks

If you guys are serious about the case, you can PM me and I can try my best but no guarantees. I don't know if the retailers buy matching number of cases for HDP-R10's (i.e. not expecting DX100's to buy the lot). Also probably not the most cheapest silicone cases in the world $25.50/case before shipping even. NB: I'll be checking buyer's trading status.

@spkrs01: I'll let you know after today's use if I have a melted silicone in my pocket after today's use :D.

Anyway, more pix :-

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #7,620 of 13,503
the silicon cases is a good idea. It keeps the unit unscratched by another metal cased device like most portable amps. i hope it will not accumulate heat in the dx100 in use. Normally when i play them with highres music it goes warmer but not that hot as a loaded laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back