iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #5,776 of 13,503
Quote:
Notwithstanding Mayday public holiday Im starting to get slightly frustrated at iBasso not acting on what they said they would do in sending a replacement DX100 even though they said they would send one immediately upon email copy of receipt of me sending the damaged one back. As it is,  Ive spent $65 on postage and returned it and its already in China now ready to be delivered and I still haven't got any communication on a consignment number or payment for postage.

Starting to look like (based on their inaction) that they won't send a replacement until they receive the old one back which if true is poor form based on what they promised 
mad.gif

Don't worry, they will send the replacement. They shipped it out as soon as I sent a copy of my postage receipt and they refunded the $105 that I had to pay to ship it to them pretty quickly.
Although currently my replacement is stuck in US customs since April 12... Someday I'll finally be able to hear the DX100 again...

May 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #5,777 of 13,503
Deleted. Hmm, strange. I've been lucky thus far then to not have that happen. Well I did have something stuck in customs long ago. I forgot exactly what it was though :p.

May 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #5,779 of 13,503
I think this kind of discussion should be undertaken privately rather than publicly. If anyone doesn't understand why I'm saying this, feel free to PM me, but it should already be self-evident.

May 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #5,780 of 13,503
  1. Well I have got contact from iBasso on the DX was sent last night which is a relief.

1. I followed their instructions to a "T" including opening up the DX  and performing surgery on removing the battery.

Like I said Im reasonable and understanding on anything including Public Holidays, Mayday Golden Week - you name it however the thing that was starting to frustrate me was getting emails from them "we will send tomorrow" and waiting and not hearing a thing for 2 days or until I posted here.. that was my frustration. All good now

Anyways my frustrations are nothing compared to having a new DX100 sitting in US Customs since April 12.. Thats gotta hurt!

May 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #5,781 of 13,503
Quote:

FWIW - when I returned mine for a refund they asked that I do the same as when they shipped it and declare it as a USB sound card worth $30.  I made the mistake of declaring it for $50, which is what they had done in shipping it to me, but they'd asked for $30 on the return and I'd missed that detail.  I don't know if it had anything to do with it, but mine got held up in China customs for weeks.  To their credit, after a couple of back and forth email exchanges (they ALWAYS responded within a few days), they did credit my PP account with a partial refund (most - the second payment of my purchase price) before they'd got the unit back.  It was over a month before I did get the balance of my shipment when they finally were able to get the unit back from Customs.  The refunded me my full purchase price and my return shipping back to them (minus the paypal fee to me for refunding the initial payment to them which had gone beyond two months at that point - so PP doesn't allow a fee-free refund). Anyway, it may be a bit frustrating, but, based upon my own experience, I would not be concerned that they will not follow through, but you may have to be patient.  Mine was not an exchange so I don't know if this is anything to go by, but certainly it reflected a company with integrity.  You probably need to take into consideration that they have to contend with their own customs which may have different regulations than your own, as well as the fact that they are a small company with a high demand on product that is essentially still evolving.  

Good luck!

Thanks.. Im sure they will come good on postage in fact I know they will. 

May 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #5,782 of 13,503
Quote:
I think this kind of discussion should be undertaken privately rather than publicly. If anyone doesn't understand why I'm saying this, feel free to PM me, but it should already be self-evident.

For that matter, about 80% of this entire thread could fall under the same blanket criticism, which in and of itself is an inappropriate post.  It holds true with many threads here. But I disagree with you entirely on this specific case, and no, it is not self-evident.  

<big snip>

It seems to me like useful information. Do we really need to start a different thread titled DX100 shipping and return impressions in order to fit this into general impressions of the DX100 experience?  But yes, you could trim scads of posts off this and many threads that don't really belong in a public discussion....including yours, and mine right here since it's not for us to decide that.  That's what moderators are for.  

May 4, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #5,783 of 13,503
With respect, Jax, you've missed the point of my post.

No matter. Hopefully, a mod will tidy up this part of the thread ASAP.

May 5, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #5,786 of 13,503
While still in 'break in ' mode (playing around the clock) I am working on my digital music library and it's use with the DX100.
I imported files to its internal memory and loaded a MicroSD card as well.
However, I noticed that when shuffling endlessly, it only plays tracks from the internal memory.
Is there a way to have it read from both source location simultaneously ? So that it randomly plays songs from both ?
If not, where and how do I select which source it is playing from?
Please excuse me if the answers to these questions are self evident to some...
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back