iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 25, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #5,206 of 13,503
I like the new update, snappier interface, and that it remembers where one was in the menu when reverting one step backwards rather than defaulting to the top of the list is an appreciated improvement.

BTW, I've added pix to my short impressions in the review section of the DX100 in Head Gear. Will have to take some more with the new firmware and more of the actual unit, not just the UI. Then, later, after many more hours of listening, pertinent impressions on sound quality, comparisons with other DAP's and how it fares with different music genres with different headphones.

Apr 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #5,209 of 13,503

Quote:
 I noticed a huge pop when powering back on from powering it off, I assume this part is normal.  For me it doesn't fade-in when gapless setting is in native play mode.

The pop sound when powering on and off is due to the amp and iBasso had confirmed that cannot be resolved. I hear this on the D10 and D12 as well.

WAT ISH DIS?! The Japanese version of DX100 (HDP-R10) is able to play DSD (DSF)?! Hopefully it will be available to DX100 via firmware update in future.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #5,210 of 13,503

Quote:
I did it, my observations , so far:
1-The interface is snappier.

3-I can play from any folder! with ES explorer or from the Stock player itself.
4-The sound is a bit more energetic.
5-The player is much faster and the screen touch is more responsive.
6-The font of the song names in the stock player while browsing is much easier to read now.
7-The screen theme is darker.
8-The Fonts have been "Antialiased"
9-wifi................................................................better, faster to get a signal.
Guys what did you mean by "playback via the Directory doesn't work at all"?

It doesn't work on my player. Unless my player is broken again... I was only able to play music from the directory via the SD card and not onboard.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #5,211 of 13,503

Quote:

The pop sound when powering on and off is due to the amp and iBasso had confirmed that cannot be resolved. I hear this on the D10 and D12 as well.

WAT ISH DIS?! The Japanese version of DX100 (HDP-R10) is able to play DSD (DSF)?! Hopefully it will be available to DX100 via firmware update in future.

Aw man! That's what I was asking for too many posts back. Should I sell my DX100 for the HDP-R10 now....!!??

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #5,212 of 13,503

Quote:
I like the new update, snappier interface, and that it remembers where one was in the menu when reverting one step backwards rather than defaulting to the top of the list is an appreciated improvement.

BTW, I've added pix to my short impressions in the review section of the DX100 in Head Gear. Will have to take some more with the new firmware and more of the actual unit, not just the UI. Then, later, after many more hours of listening, pertinent impressions on sound quality, comparisons with other DAP's and how it fares with different music genres with different headphones.

See I don't understand this because this update isn't doing this for me. I think I'm gonna be sending my player back as defective and getting a new one...

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #5,213 of 13,503

Quote:

I did a search on the HDP-R10 and found:

・DSD(DSF)、FLAC、ALAC、AIFF、AAC、WAV、WMA、OGG、APE、MP3 などの幅広いフォーマットに対応予定。
・カナダESS Technology 社の32bit-DAC「SABRE32 Reference audio DAC ES9018」を搭載(I2S 伝送にて接続)。
・ヘッドホンアンプ部には、Texas Instruments 社の高精度高速オペアンプ「OPA627」および高速バッファ「BUF634」をLR     独立して搭載。iBasso Audio のオーディオテクノロジーを結集した、高いヘッドホン駆動能力を実現しています。
・4800mAh の大容量リチウムポリマーバッテリーを搭載予定 ( 電気用品安全法に対応)。

Source: http://www.hibino-intersound.co.jp/information/2937.html

Translated it means that the HDP-R10 supports DSD(DSF) file format, data is transferred to the DAC chip via I2S connection, opamp used in the headamp section is TI OPA627 and there are two independent buffers (BUF634) for the Left Right channels. Further, battery capacity is 4800mAh.

I mean what?! Why does theirs have a 4800mAh battery while ours is only 2000mAh???

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #5,215 of 13,503
If iBasso is right about the fact that battery is user replaceable, we may be able to switch over to the higher capacity ones should iBasso make them available to us, hopefully.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #5,216 of 13,503

Quote:
If iBasso is right about the fact that battery is user replaceable, we may be able to switch over to the higher capacity ones should iBasso make them available to us, hopefully.

I sure hope it will be upgraded to be close enough to the spec of Japanese version. If they do update DX100 to support DSD then I can kill the idea of trying out Korg MR-2

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #5,217 of 13,503

I remember asking about this and was told that a larger capacity battery is not possible at the present time. Hmmm...

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #5,219 of 13,503

Quote:
It doesn't work on my player. Unless my player is broken again... I was only able to play music from the directory via the SD card and not onboard.

Seems like you always get the lemons on DAP (except on the Studio V)

=/

Quote:
I remember asking about this and was told that a larger capacity battery is not possible at the present time. Hmmm...

Quote:
I hate liars that for sure!

They aren't lying though. It is not possible at the present time, but that does not exclude the future =)

The HDR-R10 is going to be released in Japan only in summer, which is like soon but not yet still. So it is a little of the future.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #5,220 of 13,503

Quote:

Seems like you always get the lemons on DAP (except on the Studio V)

=/

Well if it's any consolation ibasso did offer me to replace my unit earlier due to the defect on my aluminum backing. If things aren't working I'll contact them and request that they dispatch me a brand new unit. I am tired of this bs.

I went ahead and reformatted the player, did a factory restore, and reinstalled the firmware. I also finished all my custom playlists and installed them via Media Monkey. If I'm still having issues of sluggishness, and features not working while they work on other peoples players I'm gonna have to go for a fix. There just seems to be way to many inconsistencies between these players. It's kinda pathetic and scary considering the amount of money we have all spent on this product. I am concerned regarding their quality control here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back