iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #10,981 of 13,503
Quote:
You shouldn't use PowerAmp anyway, it isn't able to make full use of the DAC.  Only the native music player uses iBasso's proprietary driver, only it can play high res files.

Still I would like to have the option to try it. I dont think its normal that the maximum volume is limited on poweramp. In fact, it is limited for every other music player I downloaded, not just poweramp. When I start the task manager, the native music player is always on, no matter how many times I kill it. Is that interfering with the other players? Someone please help. 
frown.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #10,982 of 13,503
Quote:
Still I would like to have the option to try it. I dont think its normal that the maximum volume is limited on poweramp. In fact, it is limited for every other music player I downloaded, not just poweramp. When I start the task manager, the native music player is always on, no matter how many times I kill it. Is that interfering with the other players? Someone please help. 
frown.gif

As a suggestion, forget that your shiny new DAP is running Android. Forget that it has the ability to run any apps except for the bundled music player. Forget that it can connect to a WiFi network. Just use the product for the purpose it was created and nothing else: playing music. You'll be much, much happier.

Mar 5, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #10,983 of 13,503
Quote:
frown.gif

As I recall, PowerAmp has got a preamp setting on its equalizer, have you tried turning the volume up there?

Sorry, I can't help you with your WiFi issues.  I can connect to my WiFi just fine.  Are you asking about MAC addresses because your router uses that for security?

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #10,984 of 13,503
Quote:

As a suggestion, forget that your shiny new DAP is running Android. Forget that it has the ability to run any apps except for the bundled music player. Forget that it can connect to a WiFi network. Just use the product for the purpose it was created and nothing else: playing music. You'll be much, much happier.

I know what you mean but sorry I just dont like the stock player. you have to admit it needs a lot of work. I have used poweramp for so long and its much better. I want it mainly for its amazing eq. Also in the stock player, whenever i go to the song list in directory, it always goes back to the root directory. everytime i want to change a song, i have to go all the way to the directory again and again. Its quite annoying.

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #10,985 of 13,503
Quote:

As I recall, PowerAmp has got a preamp setting on its equalizer, have you tried turning the volume up there?

Sorry, I can't help you with your WiFi issues.  I can connect to my WiFi just fine.  Are you asking about MAC addresses because your router uses that for security?

yea im in a student accommodation and here i can only register 5 devices in my wifi connection at any given time. for that i need the mac addresses of the devices. anyways i will try it later in another place. when i connect wifi, it just says connected ... disconnected ... connected ... disconnected ...........

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #10,986 of 13,503
Quote:
I know what you mean but sorry I just dont like the stock player. you have to admit it needs a lot of work. I have used poweramp for so long and its much better. I want it mainly for its amazing eq. Also in the stock player, whenever i go to the song list in directory, it always goes back to the root directory. everytime i want to change a song, i have to go all the way to the directory again and again. Its quite annoying.

iBasso was talking about providing its API to third parties, but we never heard anything coming from it.

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #10,988 of 13,503
Quote:

I agree sfh1210, the stock player UI is horrible. However, it is the only player capable of playing high-resolution files, and that is why the DX100 was created. Thus they are inseparable. 

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #10,989 of 13,503
Quote:
AND EVERYTIME I ROTATE THE SCREEN THE SONG IM PLAYING RESTARTS !!!!! THIS PLAYER IS DRIVING ME CRAZY !!!!!!!!!
eek.gif

Turn off auto-rotate! 

Remember,  this is not a phone.  It's not designed to do all the stuff an android phone can do.  It has android as an operating system, but it's not designed to be a pocket computer, it's designed to be a DAP.

Did you read the Wiki?  There's a link to it on the first page of this thread.

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #10,990 of 13,503
People. My apologies. I finally found why the volume was so low. There is a separate volume slider in the settings>audio. That was set to quite low for some reason. I increased it and now poweramp is fine. 
gs1000.gif
 Im very happy ... will put in my review shortly. I will use the stock player exclusively for hi-res files.

cheers.

Mar 5, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #10,991 of 13,503
I have had the AK100 iRiver for some time now and have been listening both amped and directly out of the player. I was hoping it would burn in and get more organic, but it hasn't. In comparing to the DX100, using phones that don't require a lot of power. the AK100 sounds flatter, with imaging sounding like paper cutouts vs a more 3d presentation and organic sound from the DX100. The size of the AK100 is very nice but I don't like what I give up in sound. For UI, I like the larger screen of the DX. That said, I still wish the AK would burn in more but I don't think after 1000 hours and more, that is going to happen. So that is my brief comparison so far.

Mar 5, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #10,992 of 13,503
Quote:
I have had the AK100 iRiver for some time now and have been listening both amped and directly out of the player. I was hoping it would burn in and get more organic, but it hasn't. In comparing to the DX100, using phones that don't require a lot of power. the AK100 sounds flatter, with imaging sounding like paper cutouts vs a more 3d presentation and organic sound from the DX100. The size of the AK100 is very nice but I don't like what I give up in sound. For UI, I like the larger screen of the DX. That said, I still wish the AK would burn in more but I don't think after 1000 hours and more, that is going to happen. So that is my brief comparison so far.

Does your AK100 have the RWA mod?

Mar 5, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #10,993 of 13,503
Quote:
Does your AK100 have the RWA mod?

No, comparing player to player. I will mod the AK100 soon and go from there. But for most that is a 250 dollar additional investment. I don't have to do anything to the DX to get great sound and maintain the warranty. Obviously, modification of the AK rids you of an iRiver warranty, which is nice to have.

Mar 5, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #10,994 of 13,503
Quote:
No, comparing player to player. I will mod the AK100 soon and go from there. But for most that is a 250 dollar additional investment. I don't have to do anything to the DX to get great sound and maintain the warranty. Obviously, modification of the AK rids you of an iRiver warranty, which is nice to have.

You'll enjoy it. I would opt to carry a Sony NW(F/Z) series over the AK100 even. But once modded, it'll bring it very close to the DX100. Although the DX100 still edges out a little, the difference has become almost negligible for me and other RWAK100 features such as portability and batter life become of priority over the DX100's - for my case.

Mar 5, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #10,995 of 13,503
Quote:

You'll enjoy it. I would opt to carry a Sony NW(F/Z) series over the AK100 even. But once modded, it'll bring it very close to the DX100. Although the DX100 still edges out a little, the difference has become almost negligible for me and other RWAK100 features such as portability and batter life become of priority over the DX100's - for my case.

Having lived with the DX100 for a few weeks now, I guess I can understand why some people consider it bulky.  But it's certainly no bulkier than some of the stacks, sometimes three components tall, that I see in the portable rig thread.  And there are no ICs or LODs needed.

Battery life seems like a bigger issue to me, but I have gotten a good solid 6 hours out of my DX100.  I keep the display off, and I play entire album, very little track changing. Sure, that wont compete with iPods, but the SQ is better than iPods by an order of magnitude. At least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back