iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Oct 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #8,312 of 13,503
Quote:
But we could not have known without buying and using it, right?....
confused_face_2.gif

You took the readied words right from my mouth torok

Experience is lifes number one teacher

Now that im experienced with Ibasso,if they dont fix this thing , im voting with my wallet

But i cant fairly/adequately vote without personal real world experience . At least not on this matter

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #8,313 of 13,503
Last nites/this am results

i installed 1.17 from 1.2.3

i shut all off as i did the night previous ,this time i was at 98%

when i woke up near or less than 8 hrs later i was at 76 %

Thats a 22% loss doing nowt . 1.2.3 was a 21% loss . So too close really
to make a FW call there . As ive seen % actually go up and down during use

But alas most artwork is mysteriously working now :)-

Odd unexplained variables at work again

Cheers

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #8,314 of 13,503
Quote:
What a defensive post. Are you familiar with the concept of astroturfing, jamato?

I didn't know what it meant so I looked it up. As in the post I responded to, I asked that rather than implying or suggesting, that if there was an insinuation, then don't hide behind it, just state what you mean. Now you are insinuating. If I respond as I have now, is that being overly defensive? I don't think so. 

I will restate that I don't have any real problems with the DX100. I get artwork, it plays all formats I have tried and does it well, I have noticed a slight fade in when changing tracks that for me, is minimal and doesn't matter and I get around 8.5 hours of battery life. If others don't have this or there are some functions that do not live up to their expectations, I am sorry but this is what I get on my DX100 and I am fine with the results. If by stating this you think I have a vested interest in the iBasso company and that I represent them that is your privilege but you are wrong.

Oct 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #8,316 of 13,503
The one thing that is bothering me, is the noise it makes whenever the screen turns on or off. Has anyone found a way around this?
Everything else* is working fine on 1.2.3, I was going to downgrade to 1.1.7 but now I guess I'll wait for the new fw.

*I don't use playlists, I acces files via folders and have no problems with playing order.

Oct 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #8,317 of 13,503
Quote:
Last nites/this am results

i installed 1.17 from 1.2.3

i shut all off as i did the night previous ,this time i was at 98%

when i woke up near or less than 8 hrs later i was at 76 %

Thats a 22% loss doing nowt . 1.2.3 was a 21% loss . So too close really
to make a FW call there . As ive seen % actually go up and down during use

But alas most artwork is mysteriously working now :)-

Odd unexplained variables at work again

Cheers

Your album art is showing up because you let it load on 1.2.3 and it saves those settings from 1.2.3 and keeps it on 1.1.7. This is what I meant by having the best of both worlds. But it does take time to revert to 1.2.3 and let it load first. What I did was select all albums and play all on shuffle.  Once all your album art is showing up in album view on 1.2.3 it will show up for sure on 1.1.7 when you revert back. Something isn't right with your unit though.... Have you ever done a factory restore? I'm not sure if this would solve you drain issue. The drainage on my unit isn't nearly that bad at all. I'd probably have to leave it on for over 24 hours to have that kinda drain in sleep.

Oct 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #8,318 of 13,503
Quote:
I didn't know what it meant so I looked it up. As in the post I responded to, I asked that rather than implying or suggesting, that if there was an insinuation, then don't hide behind it, just state what you mean. Now you are insinuating. If I respond as I have now, is that being overly defensive? I don't think so. 

I will restate that I don't have any real problems with the DX100. I get artwork, it plays all formats I have tried and does it well, I have noticed a slight fade in when changing tracks that for me, is minimal and doesn't matter and I get around 8.5 hours of battery life. If others don't have this or there are some functions that do not live up to their expectations, I am sorry but this is what I get on my DX100 and I am fine with the results. If by stating this you think I have a vested interesting in the iBasso company and that I represent them that is your privilege but you are wrong.

jamato can you confirm the album art? Are you using an album art grabber to get them to show up? How can you imbed album art in WAV as you said you have WAV files....
confused_face(1).gif

Oct 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #8,319 of 13,503
Quote:
Jamato does the fade in happen with every change or just when you manually search and select a different track then what the DX had lined up for next?

It only happens when you manually change. At least that is for me. It's still irritating though and something I want corrected. Didn't you send your unit back already? Or are you still sitting on it :wink:.

Oct 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #8,320 of 13,503
Quote:
I have experienced some of the problems others have faced and found that many related to not waiting for the unit to finish running the media app. Once this has run the only other issues relate to pops and clicks which do not occur on mine unless I have other apps running. Having loaded an app killer I don't really get pops and clicks.
My unit may pop on startup and close down but I learned early on to remove my phones before I close down or insert them after the music player app is fully running , so I don't hear it. 

what app killer are you using? 

Oct 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #8,321 of 13,503
I've never had this issue either unless I make it glitch to a sleep state where it will pop and stop music playback. This happens if I pause the player and then manually swipe to the beginning of the song. I also rooted my unit and it's noticeably smoother and more responsive. Thanks to Sorensiim.

Oct 13, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #8,322 of 13,503
Quote:
jamato can you confirm the album art? Are you using an album art grabber to get them to show up? How can you imbed album art in WAV as you said you have WAV files....
confused_face(1).gif

Not on WAV, on everything else it works by embedding it with the music often in itunes when I rip it to lossless. I don't use grabber as you lose that artwork when you change a micro sd card. 

Quote:
Jamato does the fade in happen with every change or just when you manually search and select a different track then what the DX had lined up for next?

When I manually change songs. 

Oct 13, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #8,324 of 13,503
I still get a pop when I wake the DX100 from sleep mode. I've gotten used to plugging in my headphones after turning the screen on. With LCD-2's and HE-500's it wasn't really an issue. With Westone 4's, it was more of an issue. With Fit Ear TG!334's, it definitely is an issue, due to their high sensitivity. Feels like my eardrums mini-explode every time it happens.

My battery drains quite quickly. I never leave it on stand by mode because whenever I do (sometimes I pause the music and forget to turn it off) it drains something like 80% of the battery. Say if I go to work and I pause the music at 98%. When I finish my 12hr shift and get my DX100, the battery will be down to 27%. Something else that I've noticed is that the battery doesn't 'smart charge'. What I mean by that is that it may take an hour to get from 100% to 95%, but only 15 minutes to get from 67% to 22% (yes, I actually observed this happen).

If I'm under 60%, I expect my battery to last 1/4 as much as the top 40% would. That why I charge it everytime I bring it home. Not a very reliable battery set up.

For $820, we deserve much, much better.

Oct 13, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #8,325 of 13,503
Quote:
Hmm wondering then if iTunes may be working around the flaws on 1.1.7 then when it comes to embedding album art... Still not gonna use iTunes lol. :wink:

I noticed this when ripping a CD on someone else's computer with iTunes. Since then I've started ripping to ALAC / correcting ALAC converted from FLAC via XLD in iTunes. Cool thing is that ALAC supports up to 24bit/192kHz too.
I never thought I'd use iTunes one day, but it actually works well as a music manager & tagger, so what, I'm not going to prevent myself from using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back