iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Oct 12, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #8,296 of 13,503
Quote:
Is it possible to play all my music on shuffle because all my player is doing is replaying all the songs I manually pressed to play. So it's just a cycle of 26 songs at a time.

Still getting used to the player... 

If the player is on shuffle (under play mode) and you go to "all music" and long press you will get the playall selection. 

Oct 12, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #8,298 of 13,503
I think Ron has had pretty much the same results. If you are insinuating something else then just state it. I state what results I come up with, nothing more nothing less and I don't lie about it! 

I will add I never stated mine was perfect but nothing is, nothing but I also don't quibble about every little thing (no insinuation, just stating my mode)  but what I do is enjoy the music.

What a defensive post. Are you familiar with the concept of astroturfing, jamato?

Oct 12, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #8,299 of 13,503
Maybe Jamato just hasen't noticed (or haven't been annoyed by) the bugs we mention. Astroturfing is quite an allegation to throw around just for that.

I really, really enjoy my DX100 and my Heir 8.A. That doesn't mean I'm being paid to say so. I'll even claim the DX100 to be the best DAP available, even considering it's minor flaws. To some, those flaws are deal-breakers while otheres don't give a hoot whether the artwork shows up or not. I personally like artwork but I'd rather have the sound of 1.1.7 than the artwork of 1.2.3. And when I'm not using the DX100, I turn it off. So to me, the "major bugs" are minor annoyances at worst. And all is forgiven once the music plays. 

And as long as people keep buying sub-par devices, companies will keep selling them. Simple is that. Don't tell companies to stop selling crap, just stop buying it. 

Oct 12, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #8,300 of 13,503
Quote:
Maybe Jamato just hasen't noticed (or haven't been annoyed by) the bugs we mention. Astroturfing is quite an allegation to throw around just for that.

I really, really enjoy my DX100 and my Heir 8.A. That doesn't mean I'm being paid to say so. I'll even claim the DX100 to be the best DAP available, even considering it's minor flaws. To some, those flaws are deal-breakers while otheres don't give a hoot whether the artwork shows up or not. I personally like artwork but I'd rather have the sound of 1.1.7 than the artwork of 1.2.3. And when I'm not using the DX100, I turn it off. So to me, the "major bugs" are minor annoyances at worst. And all is forgiven once the music plays. 

And as long as people keep buying sub-par devices, companies will keep selling them. Simple is that. Don't tell companies to stop selling crap, just stop buying 

Please can you elaborate.

Oct 12, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #8,301 of 13,503
Quote:

And as long as people keep buying sub-par devices, companies will keep selling them. Simple is that. Don't tell companies to stop selling crap, just stop buying it. 

I agree 100%. It just strange that from what I have read Jamato originally had a unit from the pre batch which was replaced by a unit from the 1st release batch as was mine.

Jamato said he is running 1.1.7 and has no fade in when changing tracks and has FLAC cover art showing after he goes into an album for the 1st time.

I think he has since said that he does have the fade in issue but was not worried by it and hadn't noticed. I find it a bit annoying but it doesn't devalue my DX100 experience.

The cover art issue is strange though as I have not read of anyone else who has FLAC imbedded artwork showing on 1.1.7 without running a coverart app. This to me is the only weird thing about Jamato's DX100 compared with mine.

I have experienced some of the problems others have faced and found that many related to not waiting for the unit to finish running the media app. Once this has run the only other issues relate to pops and clicks which do not occur on mine unless I have other apps running. Having loaded an app killer I don't really get pops and clicks.
My unit may pop on startup and close down but I learned early on to remove my phones before I close down or insert them after the music player app is fully running , so I don't hear it. 

Can't wait for my 8a's to turn up (impressions sent off yesterday)  to complete my audio nirvana.

Oct 12, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #8,302 of 13,503
Quote:

People will stop buying these sup-par devices once a device of similar quality comes along without the issues (hoping the 901 is that unit). Which will be good as it will force the competition to own up or ship-out.

Oct 12, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #8,303 of 13,503
Quote:

Please can you elaborate.

If the DX100 is really that bad, don't buy it. Vote with your wallet, people! 
smile.gif

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #8,304 of 13,503
Quote:
smile.gif

fair comment, but a little late if you have already done the deed.  I guess that comes with being on the bleeding edge these days, I feel like most electronics I've purchased in the past 6 or 7 years have not functioned adequately until at least 2 years after purchase either the stock firmware gets fixed, or at least made adequate or a 3rd party brings out a compatible FW release.  Hasn't stopped me buying such devices, guess I'm quietly hoping that one day it will actually do what it says on the tin.  At least Apple generally wait until most of the bugs are gone before release, others could learn a valuable lesson from them.

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #8,305 of 13,503
Quote:
I agree 100%. It just strange that from what I have read Jamato originally had a unit from the pre batch which was replaced by a unit from the 1st release batch as was mine.

Jamato said he is running 1.1.7 and has no fade in when changing tracks and has FLAC cover art showing after he goes into an album for the 1st time.

I think he has since said that he does have the fade in issue but was not worried by it and hadn't noticed. I find it a bit annoying but it doesn't devalue my DX100 experience.

The cover art issue is strange though as I have not read of anyone else who has FLAC imbedded artwork showing on 1.1.7 without running a coverart app. This to me is the only weird thing about Jamato's DX100 compared with mine.

I have experienced some of the problems others have faced and found that many related to not waiting for the unit to finish running the media app. Once this has run the only other issues relate to pops and clicks which do not occur on mine unless I have other apps running. Having loaded an app killer I don't really get pops and clicks.
My unit may pop on startup and close down but I learned early on to remove my phones before I close down or insert them after the music player app is fully running , so I don't hear it. 

Can't wait for my 8a's to turn up (impressions sent off yesterday)  to complete my audio nirvana.

The cover art maintained for Jamato after he went from 1.23 back to 1.17, as has for me. 

To be honest, I have not had problems with my DX100 either. All in all, the player sounds great as a portable unit. I am not bothered by the fade in.........

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #8,306 of 13,503
Quote:
smile.gif

But we could not have known without buying and using it, right?....
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #8,307 of 13,503
Quote:

The cover art maintained for Jamato after he went from 1.23 back to 1.17, as has for me. 

To be honest, I have not had problems with my DX100 either. All in all, the player sounds great as a portable unit. I am not bothered by the fade in.........

While I can live with the fade in, it is bothersome to me and irritating. I also tend to like to manually select tracks opposed to letting it randomly play so this is an even bigger issue in my case. Pretty much I'm gonna see what the Hifiman 901 has to offer and if ibasso hasn't addressed these issues by then I'll most likely be jumping ship to the Hifiman camp. So 3 very basic functions on a DAP which are lacking on the DX100 are ruining an otherwise great experience for me. The fade in, playlists not organizing in alpha order but in the order synced and album art now automatically showing up on 1.1.7 (since they messed up 1.2.3). If they would fix those 3 issues I'd be quite happy but wouldn't mind future updates if it  brings improvements. I've already lost my faith in ibasso though with their actions as of late. I'd love for them to prove me wrong :wink:.

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #8,308 of 13,503
Quote:
While I can live with the fade in, it is bothersome to me and irritating. I also tend to like to manually select tracks opposed to letting it randomly play so this is an even bigger issue in my case. Pretty much I'm gonna see what the Hifiman 901 has to offer and if ibasso hasn't addressed these issues by then I'll most likely be jumping ship to the Hifiman camp.

When is the 901 out? But then again, I am not too keen on the HIFI man house sound for their DAPs.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back