iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jul 12, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #6,919 of 13,503
Maybe Wildmonkeysects could figure some of this out. 

Jul 12, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #6,922 of 13,503
Quote:
So got my grubby paws on the good stuff.

for the lot of you.

Under application manager...

Does the music app have Musict60 or is it going through the MediaProvider?

Any idea how to check?

Under Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Running > Music it says:

Services - WiskyMusic
Processes - particle.media

Jul 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #6,923 of 13,503
Quote:
Any idea how to check?

Under Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Running > Music it says:

Services - WiskyMusic
Processes - particle.media

Tricky bastards..

that is exactly what I was looking for. the APK is Called Musict60.apk... the process are what you are looking at.

wonders if this little nuggets works outside of the rockchip CPU... hmmm

speaking off.

What is your boot up animation?

Jul 12, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #6,925 of 13,503
Quote:

Well

bad news is that the music app does not work in a clean ICS install. :frowning2:

Good news is that the Music app installs in emulator on 2.3.1.
but it is not working correctly.

The music app is written to access the ESS Sabre chip directly, bypassing the Android audio subsystem - That might explain it.

Jul 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #6,926 of 13,503
Quote:
The music app is written to access the ESS Sabre chip directly, bypassing the Android audio subsystem - That might explain it.

If that is the case,

i doubt they went directly to the ESS. They probably have a call out.. looking for that file :wink: I think I found it.. called hifisound. Need to analyse it more.

edit:

forget it. The RK2918 can stream out via SPDF and the ES9018 can accept that stream natively.

on a couple of notes.

ibasso/rockchip did the following

the update.img file is formatted using the the rockchip sdk. the underlying img files (recovery.img, system.img etc) are ext2.

there app at least starts in 2.3.1 but does nothing.  Crashes upon trying to open in 2.3.3, 4.0.1 & 4.1.

Jul 12, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #6,927 of 13,503
iTunes should be as easy as drag and drop. That's how I've used iTunes for all my non-Apple players, and even for my Apple players. 
Quote:
Indeed. Using The Missing Sync app would mean easy iTunes to DX100 transfers which would be very handy for me.

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #6,929 of 13,503
Figgie, that's some mighty awesome information you're digging up. :D

A few things I wish iBasso change on the next firmware update:
1. No fade in at the start of a track. Means I can't play albums in true gapless mode.
2. An option to have an advanced equaliser with more sliders.
3. No random chipmunks moments.
4. Quicker start up.
5. Better battery life.
6. No pop when the player is turned on from standby and pause mode (after a short while).

(some are ambitious :D)

Does anyone know exactly what slow roll off and sharp roll off do? I always thought slow roll off was a mild treble roll off and sharp roll off was a greater treble roll off. But I can't hear the difference between the two so I keep it on slow roll off.

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #6,930 of 13,503
What I'm keen about is the ALAC and AAC playback - that and potential in software for the machine to play just like a CD player. Very keen about that. 

Hey Shig!! You have my DX100 for 2 weeks. You can go test that! In fact I have both AAC & ALAC in my microSD in the DX100 (if you can tolerate my music, that is!!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back