iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jul 12, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #6,901 of 13,503
Quote:
Thanks all!

Grrr.

why o why did Ibasso (or Hibino or FuZhou) use that version??. Google has made that an obsolete package since at least introduction to ICS!!!

the next major version from Google is 2.3.3 which is Gingerbread... 2.3.1. was Froyo which is what this is using.

I am in the process of getting these files working in the Android SDK. Managed to get the "update.img" broken down into it's main components. (boot.img, system.img. cache.img, recovery.img). Though I was under the impression the DX100 at least ran gingerbread. lol. Downloading the Froyo package is we speak.

2.2.X = Froyo
2.3.X = Gingerbread.
Nice overview here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

Dont trust me? Try tapping a few times on the version number on your DX100. There's no Frozen Yoghurt in the image that pops up 
wink.gif

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #6,902 of 13,503
Quote:
Thanks all!

Grrr.

why o why did Ibasso (or Hibino or FuZhou) use that version??. Google has made that an obsolete package since at least introduction to ICS!!!

the next major version from Google is 2.3.3 which is Gingerbread... 2.3.1. was Froyo which is what this is using.

I am in the process of getting these files working in the Android SDK. Managed to get the "update.img" broken down into it's main components. (boot.img, system.img. cache.img, recovery.img). Though I was under the impression the DX100 at least ran gingerbread. lol. Downloading the Froyo package is we speak.

Anything that is running Android 2.3.X is Gingerbread, Android 2.2.X is Froyo
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #6,903 of 13,503
Quote:
Anything that is running Android 2.3.X is Gingerbread, Android 2.2.X is Froyo
biggrin.gif

Not entirely true

Google seperated the 2.3.x into TWO seperate API's levels.

2.3.1 is classified as API 9
2.3.3 is classified as API 10

I am almost positive that google never released the 2.3.1 to any phones/devices out in the wild as they went to 2.3.3 - 2.3.5. Hell looking at the SDK it is showing obsolete next to the 2.3.1 (API 9) which was probably a Google I/O demo or something. Guess we are going to find out :wink:

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #6,904 of 13,503
spkrs01... thanks for that appreciated.... I could soon be pulling the trigger on this.

figgie... I aint got a clue what your on about (I'm not great around a PC, music & hi-fi yes, PC no) but I'm sure many Head-Fi'ers appreciate you stirling efforts & help.

this thread amazes me... I would use the word 'indefatigability' but I got banned last time I used it

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #6,905 of 13,503
Quote:
Not entirely true

Google seperated the 2.3.x into TWO seperate API's levels.

2.3.1 is classified as API 9
2.3.3 is classified as API 10

I am almost positive that google never released the 2.3.1 to any phones/devices out in the wild as they went to 2.3.3 - 2.3.5. Hell looking at the SDK it is showing obsolete next to the 2.3.1 (API 9) which was probably a Google I/O demo or something. Guess we are going to find out :wink:

Well I can confirm that my & my partners Android phones, both came with 2.3.3 and were lated updated to 2.3.5.

There was a 2.3.6 & 2.3.7, but they wern't main stream more a fix for specific hardware.
Can't comment on the API, I don't get that technical
k701smile.gif

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #6,906 of 13,503
Quote:
Be careful not to brick your unit or change the Kernal? To my understanding ibasso did something special to the OS to allow for 24/192 playback and the their Custom EQ.

Loving how super smooth and detailed this unit is lol.
gs1000.gif
Looks like my DX100 won't be going up for sale after-all...

Blasphemy, were you really considering selling?

I am interested on your take with the K3003 on the DX100. I actually passed on my pair......didn't really liked them too much, found it somewhat disjointed sounding between the bass and mids, but maybe it is just me......I will listen again and may reconsider them though since they were offered to me at a very attractive price
wink_face.gif

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #6,908 of 13,503
Quote:
Good luck buddy!!! Hope it turns out well like it did for me and a few other members........

I am still intrigued to find out how fellow owners have their file/folder structured. I asked this, as I have said before, my unit was set up by iBasso before they sent it out to me and I really have had no problems......boot up times are relatively fast like a galaxy S2 and all the music files are read and no problems...

My Firmware 1.1.7
All my music is organised into folders - Artist - Album - Tracks
Tracks are labelled 01 Trackname.***
I have not had problems playing my music in the correct order on the albums
EQ is OFF
I have the unit loaded with PCM Wave files, Does not display cover art or Artist
I have 6 64Gb microSD card with FLAC Files 16/44, 24/94 and 24/192 and Some show cover art most do not.

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #6,909 of 13,503
Quote:
I don't think Figgie has a DX100 to brick, he's just downloaded the firmware onto his computer and is looking at it with the developer SDK. :)

Correct

with that said.

I own a Nexus S which I have done development work for (thanks DEVELOPMENT PHONES!!) but before I test out code in the phone.. I try to always run it under the Emulator to see what happens JUST INCASE it does brick it. :wink:

I am speechless...lol.

For everyone here. check the wiki that Sorensiim put... ZERO mention of 2.3.1. It goes from 2.3 to 2.3.3 :wink:

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #6,911 of 13,503
Quote:
Correct

with that said.

I own a Nexus S which I have done development work for (thanks DEVELOPMENT PHONES!!) but before I test out code in the phone.. I try to always run it under the Emulator to see what happens JUST INCASE it does brick it. :wink:

I am speechless...lol.

For everyone here. check the wiki that Sorensiim put... ZERO mention of 2.3.1. It goes from 2.3 to 2.3.3 :wink:

Blimey your right there, no "1" or "2" for that matter!....how come Ibasso have got it ?

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #6,913 of 13,503
Quote:
Does anyone actually use the EQ settings on this ?

I find all of them "muffle/deaden" the sound quality, much better with it off

LOL .........yes bmiamihk did, but he got banned from Head-Fi .....so don't use EQ
blink.gif

Joking aside, for me, no and it is a shame that bmiamihk is banned, he is so much fun!!!!!

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #6,915 of 13,503
I am experimenting with the 'Rock' setting on the EQ, not sure what I think of it yet.  Most of my music is metal in some form - NWOBHM, Power, Speed, Thrash and Hair (what can I say, I'm 40, I grew up with it
biggrin.gif
)  mostly so it seems like a natural fit.

In terms of file ordering, I have mostly mp3 and flac and both are giving me grief.  Is it worth trying different file types to see what happens??? - I have a converter that can create AAC, ALAC, WAV, OGG, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back