iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 14, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #4,756 of 13,503

Quote:
Quote:
People have reported burn-in effecting sound up to 200-300 hours of use....

I know, I've been here from the start of the thread and that's the reason I've been meticulously keeping track and letting my DX100 play through the night 
beerchug.gif

...but people have also reported how brilliant their special cables sound from the DX100. I'm not really expecting a night and day difference from here on in 
wink.gif

Exactly, some people are more sensitive to frequencies than others, but people  do not give this attention. Age, habits, work, nutrition,smoking.....all these things affect and differentiate largely our senses, or you disapprove of this.

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #4,757 of 13,503
Apr 14, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #4,758 of 13,503
This thread is a runaway train - Jude is going to have to add another set 2TB drives to his RAID array for a single thread .........  
eek.gif

Apr 14, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #4,759 of 13,503
Many are bigger. It's tiny compared to the orthodynamic thread to name but one

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #4,760 of 13,503
Can't wait to hear about the cables.

Quote:
So I bought the Sennheiser HD650 late this afternoon. I made the HUGE mistake of trying my headphones to see if they work on a $4000 RudiStor Sounds Systems RP30
confused_face_2.gif
. After 30secs, I had to pull the plug! I thought to myself, F*&^%%$g S#$t. Bad mistake, the sound was so very very nice, mellow, laid back and so lush.........So on my way home, there's me thinking, shall I buy the RP30. Not my intention at all.

I plugged the HD650 into the DX100, didn't bother listening and left it playing as I was late for dinner with my family.

Just came back and had my first listen and all I can say is that the sound coming out is not bad at all
bigsmile_face.gif
!!! Good enough to stop me thinking about the RP30 anyway
L3000.gif
..............I really feel the DX100 is so much more suited to driving cans as opposed to IEMs. 

On my mouse mat with the cables that I bought to try on the HD650........

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #4,761 of 13,503
Quote:
 Is anyone here actually listening to music, or just looking at gear ? ...

I listen all the time, sometimes to the annoyance of the person I live with. I love to walk around shopping now, with her, as I can just go off into a blissful state listening to excellent music! 

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #4,763 of 13,503

Quote:
Seems to me most peeps are looking and not listening, shopping in the window hey ?

Yes, you might rightly think that reading through a thread like this one.  It certainly comes to mind to me whenever I'm reading most threads here.  But, and this is a big BUT, this IS a gear thread, in a largely gear-centric site,...about an actual piece of gear and how it performs.  Music is therefore peripheral to it, even though it is the only reason the gear exists in the first place.  I'd suggest you do a search - you will find there are actually some threads on music here, as well as other websites that are dedicated to discussing music. 

Beyond that, you made your point.  No need to add multiple posts citing your various personal favorites. Here's a good thread for doing that, even though you may not use the same gear the title suggests (I don't think many who are posting there actually do....I don't, and I post there). 

Imagine a music-centric discussion site where someone came in and asked, don't any of you ever think about gear?!" and then goes on to make numerous posts naming his own personal favorite choices of gear.

Perhaps you might relate the specific music you are recommending to the way the DX100 presents it that is unique to other gear....or if that idea bores the hell out of you, like it does me for the most part, then go to another thread and sing to the choir, as it were, in a thread and or site devoted to music.  I love music, and care far less about gear too.  I prefer gear that works really well and sounds great to me...beyond that I prefer to forget about it and enjoy the music.

Apr 14, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #4,764 of 13,503
turokrocks post yesterday, regarding the DX100's ability to play different headphones simultaneously has really got very excited for my bed side rig. I am pretty lazy by nature and plugging headphones/IEMs in and out is, sorry to say, a chore for me
confused_face.gif
!

With turokrocks revelation yesterday, I have this morning while listening with the Sennheiser HD650 with the silver plated copper come up with this. I am considering the purchase of the Violectric V200 AMP and V800 DAC, and I have read this is an amp made in heaven for the Sennheiser HD800. 

1. DX100 as a transport > V800 DAC > V200 > Headphones.
2. DX100 as a source > Triad > Headphones/IEMs
3. 3.5mm  socket > IEMs
4. 1/4 inch socket > Headphones
Great for comparing different signatures of Headphones and IEMs but not subtleties obviously.......The DX 100 is the perfect tool
L3000.gif
!

To the HD650, although it has only had 12 hours on it so far, one of the highlights for me thus far, is it's reproduction of the piano.  The grand and majesty of this instrument is portrayed very convincingly, from the glassy right hand to the resonating left hand and everything in between. The scale and dynamics are really truthfully reproduced via the HD650 and DX100. I am very impressed!!! 

Thanks again for the recommendation of the HD650 DWbirdseye
beerchug.gif

Apr 14, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #4,765 of 13,503
turokrocks post yesterday, regarding the DX100's ability to play different headphones simultaneously has really got very excited for my bed side rig. I am pretty lazy by nature and plugging headphones/IEMs in and out is, sorry to say, a chore for me:confused_face: !

With turokrocks revelation yesterday, I have this morning while listening with the Sennheiser HD650 with the silver plated copper come up with this. I am considering the purchase of the Violectric V200 AMP and V800 DAC, and I have read this is an amp made in heaven for the Sennheiser HD800. 

3. 3.5mm  socket > IEMs
Great for comparing different signatures of Headphones and IEMs but not subtleties obviously.......The DX 100 is the perfect tool:L3000: !

To the HD650, although it has only had 12 hours on it so far, one of the highlights for me thus far, is it's reproduction of the piano.  The grand and majesty of this instrument is portrayed very convincingly, from the glassy right hand to the resonating left hand and everything in between. The scale and dynamics are really truthfully reproduced via the HD650 and DX100. I am very impressed!!! 

Thanks again for the recommendation of the HD650 DWbirdseye:beerchug:

Keep in mind that the power requirements of your HD650 and IEM's are very different. If you leave your IEM's plugged in while listening to the Senns, you will likely destroy your IEM's due to exceeding their power handling limit.

Apr 14, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #4,766 of 13,503

Quote:
Keep in mind that the power requirements of your HD650 and IEM's are very different. If you leave your IEM's plugged in while listening to the Senns, you will likely destroy your IEM's due to exceeding their power handling limit.

Good point!!!  

Thanks

Apr 15, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #4,768 of 13,503

Quote:
turokrocks post yesterday, regarding the DX100's ability to play different headphones simultaneously has really got very excited for my bed side rig. I am pretty lazy by nature and plugging headphones/IEMs in and out is, sorry to say, a chore for me
confused_face.gif
!

3. 3.5mm  socket > IEMs
Great for comparing different signatures of Headphones and IEMs but not subtleties obviously.......The DX 100 is the perfect tool
L3000.gif
!

Thanks again for the recommendation of the HD650 DWbirdseye
beerchug.gif

I agree, that is why I only tried cans at the same time. Thank you for the update regarding the 650, keep them coming
biggrin.gif
 You could wait for :http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/13/sennheiser-intros-ritzy-ie-800-headphones-and-hdvd-800-amp/

Apr 15, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #4,770 of 13,503

Users who are viewing this thread

Back