iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 14, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #4,726 of 13,503
Owners of J3 (I'm one) are definitely going to be less critical of the UI than most...

Quote:
Without meaning to brag, I found that within a minute or two of first firing-up my DX100
I blame it on my experience of having to explore the hell out of my Cowon J3 when I got that (very idiosyncratic UI on that DAP!)

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #4,727 of 13,503
I wish I'd known that before! I should have tried swiping, as I've tried it just about everywhere else to see what features are available.

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #4,729 of 13,503
Heh, small world. I live near Sidcup/Bromley/Chislehurst.

Quote:
British hi-fi is unsurpassed imho apart from DAP's that is (I know for a fact that one Brit hi-fi Co. is thinking of doing a DAP in the very near future, you heard it here first), I wouldn't go for anything else when it comes to my home system. I've just sold my old Arcam Alpha-10 bi-amped system (kept my Alpha-9 cd-player but sold my spare 7SE, I love that ring-dac in the A-9)... I was going to replace with another Arcam system but found out that their stuff is now made in China so have gone for a Roksan-M2/ Kef R300 set-up instead, though haven't made my mind up with regard to a new CD-Player as I may go with a Transport & Dac as I'm thinking of streaming at some point (not for my good stuff, that'll never be in compressed form).... hence my serious interest in the iBasso DX100 but as of yet no-one has put it through its paces in a quality home set-up, so I'll just keep chewing on popcorn.
popcorn.gif

Have to agree with good British design, I actually got help from Arcam when I designed a system tweak, not that there's any sound improvement but it does the job in protecting your systems connects and saves on the horrendous prices they charge for deoxit products... type in RCA End-Caps in eBay and you'll see what a brilliant piece of hi-end design I achieved
wink_face.gif
 .... I sell these all over the world & if anyone wants some pm me as I'll whack off the eBay fees that should save you at least 10%..... some find me a minor benefit to the hi-fi community.

Born in London, dragged up in Sidcup/Chislehurst... living in peace in historic Rochester now... you?

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #4,730 of 13,503
So I bought the Sennheiser HD650 late this afternoon. I made the HUGE mistake of trying my headphones to see if they work on a $4000 RudiStor Sounds Systems RP30
confused_face_2.gif
. After 30secs, I had to pull the plug! I thought to myself, F*&^%%$g S#$t. Bad mistake, the sound was so very very nice, mellow, laid back and so lush.........So on my way home, there's me thinking, shall I buy the RP30. Not my intention at all.

I plugged the HD650 into the DX100, didn't bother listening and left it playing as I was late for dinner with my family.

Just came back and had my first listen and all I can say is that the sound coming out is not bad at all
bigsmile_face.gif
!!! Good enough to stop me thinking about the RP30 anyway
L3000.gif
..............I really feel the DX100 is so much more suited to driving cans as opposed to IEMs. 

On my mouse mat with the cables that I bought to try on the HD650........

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #4,731 of 13,503

Quote:

Born in London, dragged up in Sidcup/Chislehurst... living in peace in historic Rochester now... you?

HAHA...really small WORLD.

Born in Hong Kong, I was brought up in Bexley, Chislehurst/Bromley...........
beerchug.gif

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #4,732 of 13,503
Well I guess I have to retract my statement of the DX100 playing files in order via the directory. It was doing it and now it's doing the same old ****... ibasso you need to fix this. This is not acceptable at all. We need to have the option to play all files via folder search and also shuffle from within these folders. Its not far fetched to expect such a feature. If I don't want to use playlists I should be able to use the directory to do the same thing...

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #4,733 of 13,503

Quote:
Well I guess I have to retract my statement of the DX100 playing files in order via the directory. It was doing it and now it's doing the same old ****... ibasso you need to fix this. This is not acceptable at all. We need to have the option to play all files via folder search and also suffle from within these folders. Its not far fetched to expect such a feature. If I don't want to use playlists I should be able to use the directory to do the same thing...

One of the things that you must do is, stop the current song before choosing another otherwise it will just go back to the previous album if you are playing via Folders!!!

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #4,734 of 13,503
It's always worth checking that the shuffle function hasn't decided to randomise on you behalf.  Mine has reverted to shuffle of its own accord from time to time...

Quote:
Well I guess I have to retract my statement of the DX100 playing files in order via the directory. It was doing it and now it's doing the same old ****... ibasso you need to fix this. This is not acceptable at all. We need to have the option to play all files via folder search and also shuffle from within these folders. Its not far fetched to expect such a feature. If I don't want to use playlists I should be able to use the directory to do the same thing...

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #4,735 of 13,503

Quote:
One of the things that you must do is, stop the current song before choosing another otherwise it will just go back to the previous album if you are playing via Folders!!!

And how do you go about "stopping the current song"? As I stated earlier the player doesn't update the current music file playing and while it was playing "linkin park" it was showing a different title from another folder. After the song finishes it jumps to the next song in the other folder, not the folder that I am currently playing from.

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #4,736 of 13,503

Quote:
And how do you go about "stopping the current song"?

Sorry, what I mean is you don't choose another song when the current song is still playing. Pause the current song and then select the new song and then the player will continue playing the the rest of the folder and just continue to play the folders in chronological order. You can always see what the following songs will be by checking in the now playing list.   

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #4,737 of 13,503
partial success with the Seagate GoFlex Satellite.

On the plus side it connects easily enough and plays mp3 files over wifi without any difficulty...

On the minus side it uses its own player and can't handle FLAC or WMA files...

Shame really as 500GB would handle a decent number of HiRes files...

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #4,738 of 13,503

Quote:

Quote:
Born in Hong Kong, I was brought up in Bexley, Chislehurst/Bromley...........
beerchug.gif

I miss the Queen's Head & the ponds... was thinking of moving back to Chislehurst, may still do..
S.E London/Kent rocks imho
beerchug.gif

ps KT66 is in Bromley too

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #4,739 of 13,503
Ok speakers seems I had to do a reset. Then I let the device load up first. It seems it didn't load up all the music the first time around. That may have been the issue. I can deal with this minor setback for now. But for one I want ibasso to fix this still. You should not have to stop the player and then do a search in other folders. I mean if you go to a different folder it should just stay in that current folder regardless. Also ibasso needs to get rid of that second player. It is a waste of memory and CPU power. And finally, ibasso needs to make it when you go back in the folder directory it starts on the last folder you accessed and not start at the top. I'd rather have it this was and it makes more sense this way.

I submitted my requests on the ibasso bug fix list. They sure got a lot of work to do still...

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #4,740 of 13,503

Quote:
So I bought the Sennheiser HD650 late this afternoon. I made the HUGE mistake of trying my headphones to see if they work on a $4000 RudiStor Sounds Systems RP30
confused_face_2.gif
. After 30secs, I had to pull the plug! I thought to myself, F*&^%%$g S#$t. Bad mistake, the sound was so very very nice, mellow, laid back and so lush.........So on my way home, there's me thinking, shall I buy the RP30. Not my intention at all.

I plugged the HD650 into the DX100, didn't bother listening and left it playing as I was late for dinner with my family.

Just came back and had my first listen and all I can say is that the sound coming out is not bad at all
bigsmile_face.gif
!!! Good enough to stop me thinking about the RP30 anyway
L3000.gif
..............I really feel the DX100 is so much more suited to driving cans as opposed to IEMs. 

On my mouse mat with the cables that I bought to try on the HD650........

Razer user, I dislike their products
wink_face.gif
!!! and some nice cables, congrats on your purchase. Now see what you have done, I think I am liking the idea of trying the 650, please pm me in case you wanted to sell......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back