iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 14, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #4,711 of 13,503
Only had it since Monday (5 days)..  
frown.gif

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #4,713 of 13,503

Quote:
the man they call four ears...

Quote:
Guys, this DX100 is crazy , I was able and run both the 598 and the 500 at the same time, and with high gain all was well.....

Quote:
Quote:
Guys, this DX100 is crazy , I was able and run both the 598 and the 500 at the same time, and with high gain all was well.....

The DX100 is fine. You are crazy
biggrin.gif

"Yeh, lets see Sony Z do this", this is what I was expecting to hear....
frown.gif

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #4,714 of 13,503

Quote:
Only had it since Monday (5 days)..  
frown.gif

Defective screen, it happens, email iBasso with the picture, and sure they will replace it, sorry about that....

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #4,715 of 13,503

Quote:
Defective screen, it happens, email iBasso with the picture, and sure they will replace it, sorry about that....

Yeah it happens. I had a defective screen as well. Welcome to the  defective Audiophile DAP part. Put it this way I had worse experiences and in more frequency lol. 2 Sflo2s, 1 Hifiman 601 and the DX100. Go figure.

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #4,716 of 13,503

Quote:
20 sets!!! They might cost more than your house, or cars
confused_face_2.gif
.....joking aside!

Don't be like that, support your own country's design and manufacturing base.....this UK company has the hottest products in the world of Uber Hi Fi at the moment, for what it's worth

BTW....I grew up in Kent!!!

British hi-fi is unsurpassed imho apart from DAP's that is (I know for a fact that one Brit hi-fi Co. is thinking of doing a DAP in the very near future, you heard it here first), I wouldn't go for anything else when it comes to my home system. I've just sold my old Arcam Alpha-10 bi-amped system (kept my Alpha-9 cd-player but sold my spare 7SE, I love that ring-dac in the A-9)... I was going to replace with another Arcam system but found out that their stuff is now made in China so have gone for a Roksan-M2/ Kef R300 set-up instead, though haven't made my mind up with regard to a new CD-Player as I may go with a Transport & Dac as I'm thinking of streaming at some point (not for my good stuff, that'll never be in compressed form).... hence my serious interest in the iBasso DX100 but as of yet no-one has put it through its paces in a quality home set-up, so I'll just keep chewing on popcorn.
popcorn.gif

Have to agree with good British design, I actually got help from Arcam when I designed a system tweak, not that there's any sound improvement but it does the job in protecting your systems connects and saves on the horrendous prices they charge for deoxit products... type in RCA End-Caps in eBay and you'll see what a brilliant piece of hi-end design I achieved
wink_face.gif
 .... I sell these all over the world & if anyone wants some pm me as I'll whack off the eBay fees that should save you at least 10%..... some find me a minor benefit to the hi-fi community.

Born in London, dragged up in Sidcup/Chislehurst... living in peace in historic Rochester now... you?

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #4,717 of 13,503
It's strange. Now the DX100 doesn't seem to be giving me issues with accessing music via the Folder directory. Before it was skipping songs going to the other player. Now its staying in the lists I've selected and playing them in order :wink:. I really am starting to love this player. You guys are right this player sounds a lot better than power amp. Especially once the player has had time to settle down. A very sweet, seductive and super detailed sound. Did I mention its very organic with lots of depth. :wink:

Also got my Custom TF10s back from Inearz. They sure did do a fast refit. Things are pretty good now. The pain isn't like it use to be and the fit is still great. My ear canals aren't been constricted by so much pressure that the sound is being muffled like it was before. I must say the Custom TF10s sound really good, better than stock IMO.

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #4,718 of 13,503

Quote:
It's strange. Now the DX100 doesn't seem to be giving me issues with accessing music via the Folder directory. Before it was skipping songs going to the other player. Now its staying in the lists I've selected and playing them in order :wink:. I really am starting to love this player. You guys are right this player sounds a lot better than power amp. Especially once the player has had time to settle down. A very sweet, seductive and super detailed sound. Did I mention its very organic with lots of depth. :wink:

Good to hear that things worked out for you.

The poweramp does have its pros in certain tracks though.

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #4,719 of 13,503

Quote:

Also got my Custom TF10s back from Inearz. They sure did do a fast refit. Things are pretty good now. The pain isn't like it use to be and the fit is still great. My ear canals aren't been constricted by so much pressure that the sound is being muffled like it was before. I must say the Custom TF10s sound really good, better than stock IMO.

I think you have the DX100. Its a new kind of virus that makes you hallucinate, and makes music sound better. I just went to the doctor, and confirmed that I am infected
frown.gif
I tried the Sony Anti, but did not work.
Any cure???

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #4,721 of 13,503

Quote:

I think you have the DX100. Its a new kind of virus that makes you hallucinate, and makes music sound better. I just went to the doctor, and confirmed that I am infected
frown.gif
I tried the Sony Anti, but did not work.
Any cure???

yup quite easy in fact... stop thinking you've got an audiophile product and respect it for what it is, a fine sounding portable device that has taken sound on the move to new levels.... now stop listening to your headphones, fire-up you home system sit back and doubly enjoy your music.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #4,722 of 13,503

Quote:
Just in case people haven't noticed, if you swipe the top of the screen in the stock player to the left when it's showing "all music...directory...playlists...albums" you get to sort by artist, genre, favourite or a search button...

Hehehe, I discovered that by chance, after maybe 4-6 days of use!!!

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #4,725 of 13,503
so day 3 is quite good then... Any similar tricks/tips ?

Without meaning to brag, I found that within a minute or two of first firing-up my DX100

I blame it on my experience of having to explore the hell out of my Cowon J3 when I got that (very idiosyncratic UI on that DAP!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back