iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 27, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #2,942 of 13,503
Just arrived recalled mine.
But can't connect wifi...
frown.gif

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #2,943 of 13,503

Quote:
Just arrived recalled mine.
But can't connect wifi...
frown.gif

My first one would not connect either. I set it right on the WiFi and it connected. From then on it always did as long as I was within range. I am not sure what really triggered it to connect but what I did worked. 

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #2,945 of 13,503
My iBasso DX100 has had over 100 hours burn in
beerchug.gif
. I have noticed significant changes during this period, especially this morning.

I have performed my prerequisite battery management routine that I do with every phone, tablet and now on the DX100. After receiving the device I drain the battery down to 10% and recharge. The next charge is at 5% and on the third charge, I let it drain completely and charge for 8+ hours. This advice was passed on to me by friend who is an owner of a battery manufacturing company in China, I should add Battery University.com states otherwise.

My battery have now settled and this morning I have manged to listen to FLAC files of the whole albums of Piece by Piece- Katie Melua and We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things- Jason Mraz. About 1hrs 30mins of listening and have noticed only a 4% drop in battery to 96% from a fully charge one. Admittedly, I only use the DX100 as source only, negating, perhaps the extra power usage if the DX100 when utilized as a PMP.

My listening of the DX100 as mentioned above is as a source, with the Triad L3 taking the duties of amplification.

DX100 > 3.5mm to RCA silver/gold i/c (specially made for the DX100) > Triad L3 > different cables and IEM s :-

The most noticeable this morning was that the sound has relaxed significantly, losing most of the edginess that was apparent since new. Of course, this edginess brought a very exciting signature to a new DX100, making it sound very clean and clear, but ultimately fatiguing after extended periods of listening.

Micro details are now much more apparent, nuances such as hearing singers breath, some via their nose as they sing, reverberations to voices and instrument, smacking of the lips, pulling from the mic, finger clicking etc.

For example Coyote- Jason Mraz, the childrens' choir near the end of the song, now individual little voices are heard and how they sing lagging the music. How you can sense they are having a good time and really rocking out singing that part, as I can notice minute shifting movements in the little voices as if the children are nodding their heads to the music. Also the girl who tries to eat the mic in the last 30 secs of the song. You can really sense the enthusiasm in her taking over and how she is singing louder and moving towards the mic. My girls do the same at Kara-Oke
bigsmile_face.gif

Decay to notes have at last shown itself and this is very important to me as without decay, the music is lifeless. With decay, the music now brings so much more character to the individual instruments and thus adding more realism to the performance. With this, pitch and rhythm, and drive to the music is heightened that you can't stop yourself tapping you feet to the music.

The soundstage always impressive from new was the width, the depth less so. With burn in the depth has indeed deepened and along with it are the multitude of layers extending to the very back of the venue. Imaging with in the soundstage is rock solid, no shifting whatsoever, unless it was engineered in. The brain is very good at remembering positions!!!

A criticism that I would level on the DX100 is, I am still not finding the sound signature rich and full enough for my personal taste. However, with the changes I have noticed above, I am still in hope that it will happen on the DX100, as it is such an excellent DAP for retrieving detail and information, and I am sure richness to music is in the recording!

Very happy with it thus far
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #2,946 of 13,503
Great review spkrs, I'll resume burning mine in after finishes indexing my 6400+ songs. Been running for the past hr & still chugging along.

Poweramp was much faster in indexing than the stock player. I'm liking Poweramp very quickly.

You left your DX100 playing non-stop for 4+ days straight!?!?

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #2,947 of 13,503

Quote:
Great review spkrs, I'll resume burning mine in after finishes indexing my 6400+ songs. Been running for the past hr & still chugging along.
Poweramp was much faster in indexing than the stock player. I'm liking Poweramp very quickly.
You left your DX100 playing non-stop for 4+ days straight!?!?

Thank you.

No...2 hour breaks after every 10hrs.

My Triad I have never switched off since new besides for changing cables and the like.

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #2,950 of 13,503

Quote:
I'll resume burning mine in after finishes indexing my 6400+ songs. Been running for the past hr & still chugging along.

Is that with a 64 gid SD card was well?

On the DX100 internal memory, I am only managing 1700 songs, and I will need to make more space by deleting more FLAC files, as I am receiving a lot more 24/96 and 24/192 files that are being done for me by a friend using 120K analogue front end, as I am unable to do it myself until later this year.  

I have decided to use the DX100 's internal memory purely for Hi Rez files of my all time favorite albums and utilizing SD cards for different genres and new material.

My wish........is that iBasso comes out with a one terabyte DAP!!!
L3000.gif

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #2,951 of 13,503
I Pre-ordered on 20 Feb, confirmed on 22 Feb, No any invoiced and paid now。

I don't know what time can see the inviced to pay it.

I don't need ibasso to fix the cap on DX100 ,then delay to send it.

Please give me the paypal invoice and send DX100 to Taiwan(Country on Earth) Now.

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #2,952 of 13,503
I have to admit, my hearing isn't good enough to distinguish between 96 vs 192.

Yes it's all in the MicroSDXC card. MissingSync by default syncs to there first before the device (maybe cos I call the SD "DX100" whilst the device "IBASSO"?).

I'm finding the DX100 too slow to use as a jukebox - both PowerAmp & stock player. I think I'll need to keep the iBasso as purely a lossless player whilst the rest of my AAC & lossy for the iPhone. Guess I'm already carrying two devices.

Track management on my iMac is going to be interesting...

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #2,953 of 13,503

Please give me the paypal invoice and send DX100 to Taiwan(Country on Earth) Now.

I fail to see what this post contributes to the thread.

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #2,954 of 13,503

Quote:

Good God... 他妈的愚蠢的行为

Quote:
Track management on my iMac is going to be interesting...

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #2,955 of 13,503

Quote:
I fail to see what this post contributes to the thread.

He was warned by the mod on erji.net for the same behavior of posting similar messages repeatedly in ALL the DX100 threads. Please ignore him and let's continue to hear comments and opinions from new owners 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back