iBasso D6 "Fer-de-Lance" USB DAC/Amp
Feb 20, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #302 of 774
Hi , Just receive my D6, and I notice that the unit comes with spare 3.5mm sockets, does it means that the 3.5mm sockets are expected to fail easily, and do they expect users to replace 3.5mm socket by soldering ? If I get someone to change it for me does it void the warrenty ?

Feb 21, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #303 of 774
Emailed iBasso about the USB problem, pointing them to several posts in this thread. Their response:

Hi,
To solve this kind of problem, you can just increase the buffer on the music player.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Feb 21, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #304 of 774
Really... that's too bad. I don't think they're quite aware of the problem judging by that response. Thankfully I haven't had this problem in a couple weeks now since I've been using USB 2.0.
Quote:
Emailed iBasso about the USB problem, pointing them to several posts in this thread. Their response:

Hi,
To solve this kind of problem, you can just increase the buffer on the music player.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Feb 22, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #305 of 774
Hi Everyone, I have been contemplating this amp and am trying to gather some opinions from those who have it and especially those who changed the opamps.
I am basically trying to make it a bit warmish sounding and remember someone mentioning AD797 chips giving a bit of that effect (I just want a tiny bit of warmth, not anything too strong) and I was wondering if you could confirm and maybe point me i nthe right direction with buying the right opamps. 

Feb 22, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #306 of 774
I highly recommend the THS4032 (or 2x4031s). It gives the perfect amount of warmth, while still having amazing clarity. When used with bypass buffers, this is a great all-around opamp for any genre of music.

Quote:
Hi Everyone, I have been contemplating this amp and am trying to gather some opinions from those who have it and especially those who changed the opamps.
I am basically trying to make it a bit warmish sounding and remember someone mentioning AD797 chips giving a bit of that effect (I just want a tiny bit of warmth, not anything too strong) and I was wondering if you could confirm and maybe point me i nthe right direction with buying the right opamps. 

Feb 28, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #308 of 774
I've got about 30 hours on my D6.  It's being fed 96/24 from my MBP and happily driving my old pair of HD600's.  I'm quite happy so far with the SQ on various types of music.  No USB related static or any odd behavior at this point.  With the HD600's I'm using high gain and volume between 11 o'clock and noon, so if I really need it loud, there's plenty of headroom.

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried to drive the DT-990 600 ohms with the D6?  Curious if this little guy has the juice.  Thanks!

Mar 1, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #309 of 774
Finally, I pulled the trigger yesterday. I need a DAC for my HP Envy 14 that hisses a lot with my T5ps (not so with MX980s and MX580s) and I decided I wanted to try an iBasso product too. I am now using a Corda Stepdance and if D6 is as good as the Stepdance, or at least close, Stepdance will gain the status of a home amp and D6 will be travelling with me around the world.

I will all let you know when I have the amp in around 2-3 weeks.

P.S. When you place and order with iBasso do you receive any order confirmation or just PayPal payment confirmation as I did not receive anything from iBasso.

Mar 2, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #310 of 774
This is what I received when I ordered.  I'd give them some time to get the shipping info in order.

Quote:
Dear, Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your order.
Your order has been shipped.
Your UPS tracking number is: 1ZYVxxxx
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

-anson

Mar 5, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #313 of 774

Quote:
HD600 is great with it. I would say that it has near-desktop capabilities.

That's a good way to put it. I've put the AD797 back in the D6 and I am really impressed by its performance. I'm having a hard time comparing my desktop tube amp with the D6 but they're certainly comparable which wasn't the case with my D2.

Mar 5, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #314 of 774
I do think that the balanced amps I heard with the HD600's were significantly better, but I can't say the same for single ended desktop SS amps. iBasso PB-2 in the distant future perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back