iBasso D6 "Fer-de-Lance" USB DAC/Amp
Dec 13, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #16 of 774
If this is the new D4 and includes a DAC then I seriously doubt the amp can compare to the very similarly priced P4 which is dedicated to the function of amplification.

What I want to know is how it differs from the D12 other than connectivity.

Dec 13, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #18 of 774
This is good news for me. This dac/amp having an internal battery that can be recharged compared to the D4 which needed a 9v battery and a separate charging unit makes it much more appealing to me than the D4 ever did assuming the taobao listing is accurate.

Dec 15, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #20 of 774
Looking forward to this!

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #22 of 774
I read January 1st is when iBasso announces info about this amp/dac.

Dec 20, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #23 of 774
Hopefully that means 'January 1, Shenzhen timezone'  - for once, I will be in the 'right' timezone on New Years Day :)

Dec 23, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #25 of 774
Was reading up the TAS1020B USB streaming controller. 

This USB chip is powerful. It contain a 8052 microcontroller with inbuild 6K RAM and 8K ROM to run all possible USB functions. 

The best part however is the USB stream controller consists of 1.4 KBytes of Buffers for the Data.
Meaning that even if your host computers CPU is busy the data could be buffered on this USB controller to reduce jitter and what not. 

This is basically a computer just to handle the USB data. And it is even programmable. 

There is a 6M clock within this chip. But I do not think the microcontroller is running at this speed. In comparison an Apple ][ E is running at 1Mhz 
(both is a 8 bit machine running at about the same amount of RAM and ROM)

Dec 23, 2010 at 10:52 AM Post #26 of 774
I havent looked up the spec of this particular new chip, I was tempted to get the dev board from an earlier TAS chip. all of the new run of USB audio controllers are basically little embedded DSP/MCU/network devices to cope with the higher bandwidths expected of the USB 3.0 protocol. waaay overkill for audio, but with fringe benefits that come in very handy. the thing is though, unless its internal clock is the master clock for the dac, you will still get jitter from clocking it into the master clock. it probably is though, as that would seem to be a glaring error if it wasnt since USB is the only digital input.

BTW Jamato, Mac OS has had 96khz native driverless USB playback for well over a year now, maybe 2

Dec 23, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #28 of 774

Quote:

BTW Jamato, Mac OS has had 96khz native driverless USB playback for well over a year now, maybe 2

Yes it is handy. I have been using on USB. 24/96 over USB sounds very good. 

Dec 30, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #29 of 774
A few Chinese sources where they've gotten their hands on the D6. :D

http://bbs.erji.com/read.php?tid=965173
http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=960187

When I am abit more free I'll try to read through the threads to see if I can gather any information. :) What I've read so far is that D6 is really quite a leap when compared to D4. Heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back