iBasso D6 "Fer-de-Lance" USB DAC/Amp
Dec 30, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #33 of 774
would the price of the d4 drop????

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #35 of 774

Quote:
Haha Jaben Singapore! :3 I just saw that about 30 minutes ago. Hmmm.. Time to bug Jaben M'sia to see if they have it.

ADD:
Just to be concern, it appears mini-audio's warranty will not be covered internationally though.

http://www.ibasso.com/en/news/show.asp?ID=93

Mini-Audio products are not even to be sold outside of China. Both Mini-Audio and iBasso will not cover warranty if it is bought outside of China.

Dec 31, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #36 of 774

Quote:
It's more likely that the D4 will soon be discontinued.

damn that kinda sucks cuz the d6 is more expensive at 250 while the d4 is 199 =\

Dec 31, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #37 of 774
Guys, for all the utility of a combined DAC/amp, I believe we paint ourselves into a corner when there are so many good dedicated headphone amps out there. I made the decision to buy a dedicated DAC (a cheap one at that - the MSII) and, while I wouldn't try to use it on public transport, it makes me happy when plugged into the D4. For genuinely portable use, there are better form factors (e.g. Pico Slim) - most of the iBasso amps simply dont provide a slim profile.
This isnt a big deal for a transportable rig, but I think there are better options for portable use - just my 2 cents worth.

Dec 31, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #38 of 774
I doubt the D4 would be discontinued. The D10 is still being sold even though after the release of the D12. It'll be for people who don't want to spend $50 more to get the D6(like me).

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #39 of 774
1st January, 2011

By my reckoning, its getting on to 4pm in Shenzhen and there is still no announcement re this amp on the iBasso site - am I missing something here ?

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #40 of 774

Quote:
1st January, 2011

By my reckoning, its getting on to 4pm in Shenzhen and there is still no announcement re this amp on the iBasso site - am I missing something here ?

yep, the effects of NYE alcohol and its inevitable hangover impairing work...

Jan 1, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #41 of 774
Haha.. I have a slight suspicion that it will not be announced that early yet, even if it is, it may be a few weeks before the international version goes on sale (iBasso). Cause if they were to announce it today, I'd reckon Jaben Singapore wouldn't have took the chance to bring in the Mini-Audio version instead, but wait for the iBasso version to be properly announced and released.

Well, just a hunch. :p

Jan 1, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #42 of 774
It's official!

http://www.ibasso.com/en/news/show.asp?ID=109

Hmm.. New Year vacation.... *giggles* Should be done in a few days then!

Jan 1, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #43 of 774
The D6 finally advances the sound of the USB in a portable. The amp and dac of the D6 is going to surprise many. 

Jan 1, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #45 of 774

Quote:
The D6 finally advances the sound of the USB in a portable. The amp and dac of the D6 is going to surprise many. 

i see it has 2 small caps and a slightly bigger one. certainly there would be some good improvements over D4 with a better opamp rolling circuit. gosh.. wallet is not very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back