iBasso D42 "Mamba" with dual dacs! !! Hey Hey! Improved Starting on Page 76 .
Jun 28, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #1,143 of 1,153
Quote:
Hi Benny-x,
Are you able to confirm if the new D42 works with your S3?  I have the Note 2 and hoping to not use USB Audio Recorder Pro also.

Hey antbear, have a look at the new D42 thread. I just answered this and gave some initial impressions over there, and I think that's where all of the newer amp discussion is going to be happening anyway.

See post: http://www.head-fi.org/t/666556/new-ibasso-d42-mamba/15#post_9569386

Jul 13, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #1,149 of 1,153
The wolfson can but texas one used as connector (this is why it works with S3 and any other, RSA Intruder has same usb entry dac) has
maximum 16bit/48k.

Its a classical, I have intruder and Myst 1974 and all of them share same data entry usb texas chip.

Any DAC that has basic texas entry for usb will work with any otg supported android rom.

Remameber, the lo9w dac entry doesnt decode the signal, its there just because support is now mostly for **** chips from texas.

Anyway: there is no way your ear can hear difference between 16 bit and any higher ones - for recordings and mixing its does make difference but not for playing music.

I know what Im saying, I had plenty of DAP, DAC combos and did plenty of tests (using JH16 for these tests).

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #1,153 of 1,153
Hello,

Can someone tell me if the "current" iBasso D42 have the same DAC clipping issue?

Thanks.

Quote:
The supply voltage of the AD8616 is insufficient to handle the output of the WM8740.

D4.png

Possible solution is
1) Redesign the power supply so that the supply to the Ad8616 is at least 5v or more

2) Reduce the gain of the AD8616 so that the output is within the supply limit
(the so called 2.2K resistor mod)

3) Reduce the signal feeding the WM8740 DAC so that the output is below clipping level. Setting iTune, (Windows media player or VLC) volume to 80% or lower.

If you are using line in, you are not affected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back