iBasso D42 "Mamba" with dual dacs! !! Hey Hey! Improved Starting on Page 76 .
Jan 15, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #526 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by LionPlushie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sending it to where?

@supern0va
you from Singapore?

yes. madwolf's d4 sounds very good indeed.. the sound is very warm. Didn't know my UM3X can sound like that! but i think for my purposes (i.e. IEM usage only) I just need to change opamps, cos I felt that changing the opamps even on the non-modded d4 makes quite a bit of difference.

Jan 15, 2010 at 9:37 AM Post #528 of 1,153
Li-ion batts where? i got cheap rechargeable 9V from funan (inc charger under $20), and that's what im using now.
Until I can somehow modthe d4 so that it can have a rechargeable battery using the USB cable, I don't think I am going to change batt.

Jan 15, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #532 of 1,153
Since you heard, The capacitors have been changed (again). It sound much better now. Not as warm but more ......(speech less)

UM3X does not bring out the best in this AMP. It excel with big headphone.

A charger for Li-ion could be tricky, these things can explode if not treated with care. And there are not much space to play with.

Sending off to owner. next Wednesday. Been dragging my feet, I have been thinking if I should get one myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by supern0va /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Madwolf, congrats on ur completed mod. It sure sounds good with the um3x... im sure it sounds even better with full headphones (which unfortunately we didn't get a chance to try)

I'd like to harp on my earlier pt abt having a recharable battery powering @ least 5V (which should serve most of my purpose as I use IEMs). Referring to my earlier post, any comments? The batts that I mentioned should fit with space to spare.

Jan 15, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #533 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by LionPlushie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But its Li-on.

And last long i guess. 520mah. And Li-on batteries are technically better than Ni-mh.

Well for the price of the charger and the battery + shipping I can buy about 90 regular 9V batteries! Not so sure if the amp can even last that long, considering I use the DAC at home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by madwolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since you heard, The capacitors have been changed (again). It sound much better now. Not as warm but more ......(speech less)

A charger for Li-ion could be tricky, these things can explode if not treated with care. And there are not much space to play with.

Sending off to owner. next Wednesday. Been dragging my feet, I have been thinking if I should get one myself.

Cool... yea I know UM3X isn't the best for your mods, cos ur objective in modding was to accomodate the larger phones anyway!
smily_headphones1.gif

Will the Li-Ion batt idea really not be feasible at all? Charging is really a pain.. my rechargeable batt lasts about 3-4hrs or less
frown.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #534 of 1,153
Quote:

who is the owner? in the states?

Li-ion charger? Yep the one by the same manufacturer. Should be safe.

Jan 15, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #535 of 1,153
Quote:

Can but I would be sending it off very soon so you have to be fast. Let me poison you.

I bet iBasso would like to try it out...

Jan 15, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #536 of 1,153
But how much do these mods cost? Impressive as it is, they probably don't want to bring it up to the same bracket as the D10.

Jan 15, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #537 of 1,153
I've read most of the posts here but still need some clarification please:

Can the D4 be hooked up to the computer via USB and run off 9V battery power to gain the benefit of both the systems? Or is it a choice between the two. I would like to connect it to my mac and gain the extra juice that comes from the 9V battery.

Thanks

Jan 15, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #538 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've read most of the posts here but still need some clarification please:

Can the D4 be hooked up to the computer via USB and run off 9V battery power to gain the benefit of both the systems? Or is it a choice between the two. I would like to connect it to my mac and gain the extra juice that comes from the 9V battery.

Thanks

you are absolutely correct
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #539 of 1,153
I received my D4 a few days ago and have been very much enjoying it paired with my MS-1's. Do any of you have recommendations for opamps? Though I'm satisfied with the sound I'm getting, I would enjoy any improvement I could get from rolling the opamp.

And I also have a noob question: when burning in, do you need to have headphones plugged in?

Jan 16, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #540 of 1,153
I received the D4 a few days ago but have only gotten about to listening to it now. Not really experiencing an epiphany with the IE8. Sending the signal from the D4 to the Alo Rx seems to improve the overall clarity and sound stage. Am wishing for a bit more treble extension and presence. However I do have a topkit on the way to play around with. This is just out of the box so am reserving judgment until I've given it a thorough "burn in". What's the generally recommended amoumt of hours recommended for these ibasso amps?

Any ways I love the finish of the amp so much better than my Alo Rx which is just so scratch prone. Its a lot smaller than what the pics have led me to believe as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back