Ibasso D2..
Mar 5, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #451 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenzee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ta da...

Was it signature required? My UPS guy comes out of Sharonville, but the normal guy is on vacation this week (he normally leaves it on my porch) His replacement may not. I hate having to go down to Sharonville Center to pick up my packages..I might have to make a trip home for lunch.
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #452 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hows the sound?

I'm at work now, so the little guy is charging up while I try to sell some software...

I might have some time to check it out in an hour or so. My first impression is how relatively small it is. It's a very nice size in complement to my Zune 30gb. Much thinner and overall less bulk than my GoVibe 6.

Mar 5, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #453 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by ndskyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was it signature required? My UPS guy comes out of Sharonville, but the normal guy is on vacation this week (he normally leaves it on my porch) His replacement may not. I hate having to go down to Sharonville Center to pick up my packages..I might have to make a trip home for lunch.
biggrin.gif

It was delivered to me here at work, with other packages, all sig required. Looking over the delivery info I believe it would have been no matter, delivered home or work.

Oh, and good to see a fellow 'Nati member!

Quick edit/update, I just listened to about 3 minutes worth of Ben Fold's "Annie Waits" for a super-quick initial impression. Terrific soundstage, easily a wider, "airier" sound than what I'm used to. However, that gain switch...be careful. Don't switch it to "on" while wearing your phones, as it carries a hellacious "pop". Turning the gain "off" makes no sound, but "on", wowsa. I only have my de-podded Altec Lansing 716's with me right now. Looking forward to using something larger, even my KSC75's.

The volume pot is noise/static free, and overall build quality of the unit is very nice. It is lighter than I expected. One of my allen screws on the front is kind of garbled up, but no biggie.

Mar 5, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #454 of 529
I couldn't track it because, although I was notified 3/2/08 at 12:30AM (3:30pm 3/2/08 in China) of the shipping reference number, UPS didn't get it in their system or have it in their hands till just recently. They are about 15 hours ahead of us. At 11am today it is 2 AM tomorrow for them.

Location Date Local Time Description
CHEK LAP KOK,
HK 03/05/2008 10:05 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
03/05/2008 6:44 P.M. HUB SCAN
03/05/2008 5:52 P.M. HUB SCAN
SHENZHEN,
CN 03/05/2008 12:15 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
CN 03/05/2008 8:07 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 03/05/2008 1:10 P.M. ET

I hate time zone differences across the world, I mess these calculations up about 15 times.

Mar 5, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #455 of 529
Anyone know if the DIP-less D2 will have a smaller enclosure, or will the size of the map remain the same? The DIP-lees board is physically smaller than the DIP-ed version, something I was just wondering.

Mar 5, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #458 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorito123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone score one yet?

Look back one page...greenzee got his this morning.. Amazingly even though both of ours shipped the same day, and we live in the same city, and both get UPS from the same Dist Center.... somehow mine is still in Louisville.
confused.gif
Oh well should be here tomorrow then.

Mar 5, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #459 of 529
Guys,

I'm really looking forward to get this....but still can't make up my mind between D2 and the P2, whoever that owns a P2 as well and getting this, mind giving me a quick review between them. Thanks....

Mar 5, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #460 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenzee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ta da...

I have to say it doesn't look as good as Pico. But with ~300 price difference, I placed an order for one. Hope it will sound as good as Pico.

Mar 5, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #461 of 529
It is a different look and I do like the looks of the Pico but beauty is in the eye of the . . . you know . . beholder.

Mar 6, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #464 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by ack_0220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys,

I'm really looking forward to get this....but still can't make up my mind between D2 and the P2, whoever that owns a P2 as well and getting this, mind giving me a quick review between them. Thanks....

Plenty of us will do that..If and when we get the D2. You know you could get both for about 360..still less than some other the other portables that are out there
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #465 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by ack_0220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys,

Doesn't the D2 have a similar amp section from the P2? If that's the case, might as well get the D2 if you feel the DAC is something of value to you. If not, then the P2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back