iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules!
Mar 19, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #346 of 615
iBasso gave you a driver? Why didn't I get one
frown.gif
Well, I woulda thrown it out anyway if it didn't fit perfectly hehe.

Mar 19, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #347 of 615
Mar 19, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #348 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, that will work. I doubt they've switched their screws recently...

Thanks..ordered one.

Mar 19, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #349 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iBasso gave you a driver? Why didn't I get one
frown.gif
Well, I woulda thrown it out anyway if it didn't fit perfectly hehe.

I was very anxious to get my new pcb in
biggrin.gif

but I should have waited for a proper key
frown.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #351 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This may not be the best place to make this comment, but I am real happy with the quality of the D1. I am also glad I did not move on the D2. It really puzzles me that iBasso did not better check the D2 out before releasing it, particularly the evil grounding issue. Thanks to all of you that were the 'sacrificial guinea pigs' on this experiment. I hope the long term burn ins show this amp to be a big time performer.

Not every D2 has the grounding issue. I have yet to hear any static or fuzz from my D2. Both the High gain model and normal version. Im pleased with my D2 now that I have the correct version. The only complaint is the volume knob is so slick its not hard to adjust, just not as easy as it could be..like the P2.

Mar 19, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #352 of 615
Well, my D2 behaved perfectly fine until yesterday, which was a little over a week since I received it. It has suddenly developed a problem with what appears to be the on-off switch built into the volume pot. Now the amp makes loud, deafening noise in one channel just prior to switching off/on, especially if I wiggle the volume knob back and forth.

Am still awaiting an email response from ibasso about whether they will refund me my money (i'm leaving the country on a very extended period, and would prefer to resolve this by then). One would hope that if they price their product so competitively (the customs release form valued the D2 at $30), their "warranty" would also rival that of the competition.

Mar 19, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #353 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by ndskyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not every D2 has the grounding issue. I have yet to hear any static or fuzz from my D2. Both the High gain model and normal version. Im pleased with my D2 now that I have the correct version. The only complaint is the volume knob is so slick its not hard to adjust, just not as easy as it could be..like the P2.

I agree about the volume knob. I am on the hunt for a tiny, but wide, rubber band to put on the knob.

Mar 19, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #354 of 615
I must be nuts, because my hi gain unit sounds better overall than my lo gain. Lo gain is right out of the box, but I'm somewhat disappointed with how "underpowered" the lo gain feels. It is significantly less ballsy than any other amp I have, including GV6 and a Zero Audiocraft.

I'd like to side by side A/B test these units. Anyone aware of an enclosure I could use to safely setup the alternate PCB?

Mar 19, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #355 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by ndskyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Every D2 should have static issues when used on USB or power adapter if it isn't fixed (grinding the anodization inside the chassis). Maybe iBasso did this on some units (or maybe they will fix it for the future units) but when the rails of the chassis, which are supposed to hold the PCB and make a GND contact, are anodized then you have static. Maybe you won't hear it with every headphones but sensitive ones will definately show it. The static sound should be minimal or barely hearable. On the other hand there seems to be 2 (?) people here that have D2's with very loud static that also is there when listening to music.

Mar 19, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #356 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozric /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, my D2 behaved perfectly fine until yesterday, which was a little over a week since I received it. It has suddenly developed a problem with what appears to be the on-off switch built into the volume pot. Now the amp makes loud, deafening noise in one channel just prior to switching off/on, especially if I wiggle the volume knob back and forth.

Am still awaiting an email response from ibasso about whether they will refund me my money (i'm leaving the country on a very extended period, and would prefer to resolve this by then). One would hope that if they price their product so competitively (the customs release form valued the D2 at $30), their "warranty" would also rival that of the competition.

The value on the customs form doesn't mean anything. They probably didn't put it high so that there would be no / less export / import taxes.

Mar 19, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #358 of 615
i'm actually getting quite disappointed with iBasso, they told me that we should not use the amp while charging, having heard so many problems with you all, i don't even dare to use if often...feels like it will fail anytime......i didn't really get to listen to it properly yet, i hope the sound is enough to make up for it. I feel so like changing it for the P2 now......

Mar 19, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #359 of 615
I use it most of the time with the power adapter plugged in.

Mar 19, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #360 of 615
I listened to and charged mine this morning. No hiss or fuzz.. It worked fine. I've been listening to it all day except for 1 hour at lunch, and havent heard anything out of the ordinary.

Painting with broad strokes will normally give you an ugly picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back