iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules!
Mar 30, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #541 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by ndskyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent iBasso an email asking for the correct address to send my High gain D2 back, and here's their response.

eek.gif

Not that Im complaining...but that cant be good for business. LOL

to tell you the truth, they must be VERY good in business for them to say "dont need to ship it back"

Mar 30, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #542 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by ndskyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent iBasso an email asking for the correct address to send my High gain D2 back, and here's their response.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iBasso Audio
Hello, Bryan,
Thank you for your email.
You are not suppose to send the high gain version D2 back. You can keep it for your future usage.
Have a good weekend.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

eek.gif

Not that Im complaining...but that cant be good for business. LOL

I told you guys this, but nobody listened to me.
cool.gif

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #543 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, I have just read all 53 pages again. I still dont get too much about opamp rolling on the D2. I can see there are different examples and different parts, but that doesnt explain what I can use.

Could someone give me the "requirements" of what the opamp is needed for it to work in the D2?.

Im new with the D2 and everything regarding opamp rolling TSi but i can atleast give you the links to where i ordered adapters + opamps - incase it helps you

heres the opamp 8pin surface mount to 8pin DIP adapter from browndog. I ordered a bunch of them
SO8 to 8-pin DIP Adapter (p/n 970601) - 970601

based off headphoneaddicts post i purchased 1x LM6172 and 1x THS4032.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/min...-lyrix-306883/

i went through National National Semiconductor, High-Performance Analog for Energy-Efficient PowerWise Designs but they directed me to RS components RS Components Australia - RS Components is the leading high service level global supplier of Industrial components and tools, with over 56,000 products despatched same day. to order

Mar 31, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #544 of 615
The blue led light on my d2 viper recently started flashing on and off and it won't stop. Nothing wrong with the amp itself, but its getting pretty annoying. Does a flashing led light mean something or what?

EDIT: nvm, i was really stupid. The ac plug got disconnected and it wasnt charging so it ran out of batteries just now....

Mar 31, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #547 of 615
Well the next version of the D2 will not have the dip socket so enjoy the ones you have with them.

Mar 31, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #548 of 615
Just to re-assure people, the D2 sounds great once I hit 300+ hours, and if I couldn't roll the opamps I wouldn't be unhappy with it if I was looking for small and in the $200-250 price range instead of the $500 (like Predator and Pico).

In this price range, if I didn't already have a D2 and if I couldn't roll opamps, the only thing that would make me hesitate in getting the $255 2MOVE instead of a D2 is the bigger size and heavier weight of the 2MOVE (built like a tank). They both sound good, but I do prefer the sound of the 2MOVE more than the Stock D2 - it's not a matter of which sounds better or worse, but which difference in sound you prefer.

But, the icing on the cake is that the D2 Viper with DIP sockets can made to sound just like a 2MOVE or better, with LM6172 in main socket and THS4032 in the secondary, and it is smaller than 2MOVE which is nice. And, even with the 2 new opamps the D2 viper is a little less expensive.

Lastly is the choice of build quality - I really think I feel more confident with Meier products than iBasso as far as reliability and build quality (based on previous P2 and D1 experiences). Customer service at iBasso however makes up for it, and they are responsive to issues and will take care of problems (as will Meier).

Mar 31, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #549 of 615
The D2 minus the dip sockets will be the same size as the Pico or Predator and will have optimized opamps. To be honest, sometimes I like not even having to think about what opamp to try next.

Apr 1, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #550 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The D2 minus the dip sockets will be the same size as the Pico or Predator and will have optimized opamps. To be honest, sometimes I like not even having to think about what opamp to try next.

If they keep the price at $200 it should sell like hot cakes. Heck it should be awesome!

Apr 1, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #551 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to re-assure people, the D2 sounds great once I hit 300+ hours, and if I couldn't roll the opamps I wouldn't be unhappy with it if I was looking for small and in the $200-250 price range instead of the $500 (like Predator and Pico).

In this price range, if I didn't already have a D2 and if I couldn't roll opamps, the only thing that would make me hesitate in getting the $255 2MOVE instead of a D2 is the bigger size and heavier weight of the 2MOVE (built like a tank). They both sound good, but I do prefer the sound of the 2MOVE more than the Stock D2 - it's not a matter of which sounds better or worse, but which difference in sound you prefer.

But, the icing on the cake is that the D2 Viper with DIP sockets can made to sound just like a 2MOVE or better, with LM6172 in main socket and THS4032 in the secondary, and it is smaller than 2MOVE which is nice. And, even with the 2 new opamps the D2 viper is a little less expensive.

Lastly is the choice of build quality - I really think I feel more confident with Meier products than iBasso as far as reliability and build quality (based on previous P2 and D1 experiences). Customer service at iBasso however makes up for it, and they are responsive to issues and will take care of problems (as will Meier).

Hi, is the secondary socket where iBasso puts the NE5532? Thanks.

Apr 1, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #553 of 615
sorry i can't find the thread (im sure it was head-fi?) about the DIY mod to fix the short when the D2 is connected to power. Anyone have a link to it?

I listen to music pretty much nonstop at work so would prefer having it plugged into mains instead of using the battery. But the buzzing when plugged in is quite annoying >:|

Thanks for any help

Apr 1, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #554 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by wired00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry i can't find the thread (im sure it was head-fi?) about the DIY mod to fix the short when the D2 is connected to power. Anyone have a link to it?

I listen to music pretty much nonstop at work so would prefer having it plugged into mains instead of using the battery. But the buzzing when plugged in is quite annoying >:|

Thanks for any help

When the PCB slides into the lower half of the case, the left side of the PCB should be grounded against the rail that holds the PCB in place. The case there is painted or anodized, so it doesn't ground well.

So, you slide out the PCB and put something sharp into the slot of the rail on the left (like a small screw driver), and scrape some of the anodizing off the inside of the rail the full length.

Apr 1, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #555 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When the PCB slides into the lower half of the case, the left side of the PCB should be grounded against the rail that holds the PCB in place. The case there is painted or anodized, so it doesn't ground well.

So, you slide out the PCB and put something sharp into the slot of the rail on the left (like a small screw driver), and scrape some of the anodizing off the inside of the rail the full length.

ahh cheers headphoneaddict

i knew it had something to do with the inside of the case
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back