Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. .
Aug 2, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #1,111 of 1,141
D2 BOA DO NOT LACK BASS WITH ANYTHING - SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH SOMETHING IN YOUR GEAR.

Sorry for yelling, but like everyone is saying, something isn't right (broken or hooked up wrong).

Aug 2, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #1,112 of 1,141
What else can possibly be wrong when Ibasso is used as DAC/AMP via usb and phones are plugged in left socket which has Phones written below it ?

Aug 2, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #1,113 of 1,141
Maybe you don't know what bass is. On a more serious note, maybe something is wrong with your phones or the Boa its self.

Aug 2, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #1,114 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanke1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What else can possibly be wrong when Ibasso is used as DAC/AMP via usb and phones are plugged in left socket which has Phones written below it ?

Is there an equalizer or frequency control software used by your computer? Have you used it just as an amp?

Aug 3, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #1,115 of 1,141
Quote:

If you are positive it is set up right, maybe the Boa is defective. You say the phones have great bass with other sources, so that rules out the phones.

Try D2 boa hooked up to an iPod and if there is better bass the DAC could be defective. If there is still no bass when connected to an iPod then ask iBasso to take it back and repair it. If there is nothing wrong with it when they get it back, then you suffer from a serious case of "bass-headitis" and need an XM5 with bass boost switch.

Aug 3, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #1,116 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are positive it is set up right, maybe the Boa is defective. You say the phones have great bass with other sources, so that rules out the phones.

Try D2 boa hooked up to an iPod and if there is better bass the DAC could be defective. If there is still no bass when connected to an iPod then ask iBasso to take it back and repair it. If there is nothing wrong with it when they get it back, then you suffer from a serious case of "bass-headitis" and need an XM5 with bass boost switch.

Even I thought must be faulty amp but when I plugin IE7s in boa, there is too much bass with no higher frequencies. That's where I get pissed off as I simply cannot find the right balance.

For a test I made my housemate listen to hd595s through boa. Played "Missy Eliott - Get your freak on" as that tune has some serious bass. It took my friend less than 5 sec to comment on low bass.

If I use wmp equalizer, bass doesn't increase in a noticeable way.

Aug 3, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #1,117 of 1,141
I will have a D2+ tomorrow and I can give you my opinion if you want it.

Aug 3, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #1,119 of 1,141
No, I have the HD650's and assorted other phones but if it has bass with the 650's and so on there is no reason you wouldn't be getting any unless the amp is at fault.

Aug 3, 2009 at 12:00 PM Post #1,120 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will have a D2+ tomorrow and I can give you my opinion if you want it.

look forward to your impressions, jamato8.

i am considering a budget D2+ to D10.

Aug 3, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #1,121 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I have the HD650's and assorted other phones but if it has bass with the 650's and so on there is no reason you wouldn't be getting any unless the amp is at fault.

Thats my main problem. I will try to explain again. The combo with HD595s sounds less bassy. But IE7s with the same amp sound too much boomy.

Well i have this new model D2+ don't know if its different than previous D2 model ?

Aug 3, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #1,122 of 1,141
Quote:

Thats my main problem. I will try to explain again. The combo with HD595s sounds less bassy. But IE7s with the same amp sound too much boomy.

Well i have this new model D2+ don't know if its different than previous D2 model ?

I use the hd 595 in combination with the Ibasso D2 Boa and I also missed some representation in the lower frequencies. I don't have that problem using the Sennheiser hd 25-1 II but this is probably due to the fact that the hd 25 is totally different headphone.

But yesterday I fed the output signal of the D2 into a old Dual (that's the brand name) amplifier from an old hi-fi system. Amazingly, it sounds very good now. The bass is a lot better and the higher frequencies are corrected in a good way, with that I mean less harsh.

I don't know if this is something which is done more often, but for me it really seems to work.

Aug 3, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #1,123 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the hd 595 in combination with the Ibasso D2 Boa and I also missed some representation in the lower frequencies. I don't have that problem using the Sennheiser hd 25-1 II but this is probably due to the fact that the hd 25 is totally different headphone.

Thank you. Finally someone understands my problem. But is there any solution ?

Aug 3, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #1,124 of 1,141
I am listening to the D2+, not broken in yet, and some John Lee Hooker stuff from "Healer" and frankly the bass is tight, deep and fast. The D2+ sounds better to me than the D2 but on bass on the HD650's, it sounds good but I will listen further and to other cuts.

This is while using lossless and the USB port from my laptop.

Aug 4, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #1,125 of 1,141
Maybe, just maybe, that the D2+ phone out isn't making good connection with the great huge socket adaptor that came with HD595?
I have the old D2 paired with HD595, and these sound really good, with deep tight base and extended highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back