Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. .
Jun 11, 2008 at 11:57 AM Post #451 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At the bottom of that webpage is an e-mail link to "service@ibasso.com". That's what I used (from my e-mail client, not via the web page).

Thanks again for your help. You were right!!! I received an email just hours after I used the address you suggested. And the D2 had already shipped!
smily_headphones1.gif

They even provided me with the UPS tracking number. The little beauty arrived in Hong Kong just a couple of hours ago.
wink.gif

Jun 11, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #452 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsoxfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks again for your help. You were right!!! I received an email just hours after I used the address you suggested. And the D2 had already shipped!
smily_headphones1.gif

They even provided me with the UPS tracking number. The little beauty arrived in Hong Kong just a couple of hours ago.
wink.gif

patience is virtue.

Jun 11, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #453 of 1,141
Hi,
how does Senn HD650 go with this amp? It's said in the first page that this amp handles HD650 well, but could you be more specific about it?

Is there any possibilities that this amp could match the quality of DarkVoice 336i or even 'close' to?
I've tried HD650 with DV336i, sounds awesome, but its size is my problem.

Cheers,
Ben

Jun 11, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #454 of 1,141
Has anyone tried using the Boa as a preamp to feed the Darkvoice 336i? It seems that the amp in the Boa isn't quite as neutral as the Pico, but would this still be a usable solution?

Jun 11, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #455 of 1,141
Like some on this board, I never got a tracking number. However, I received my Boa in three days. How did they do that?

Anyway, initial impressions: DAC is first rate. I wish I had an optical out of my Iaudio7 to make use of it. Without any comparison points, this amp has made my computer quite a joy to listen to.

Jun 11, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #456 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nonpoint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish I had an optical out of my Iaudio7 to make use of it. Without any comparison points, this amp has made my computer quite a joy to listen to.

Mine has landed in Sydney and cleared customs, so it may arrive today
biggrin.gif

I've been wondering if and when we'll see portable devices that can drive a USB DAC (i.e. like the Boa). That would seem to be a very useful capability, but maybe not mass market enough. I'd also like to be able to provide my own storage device for the ultimate flexibility, but portability becomes an issue.

That lead me to thinking that my backup drive for my MythTV media server - that should be left at work most days for offsite backup - could be mounted on a work computer that could drive the Boa, rendering the iPod unnecessary at work. That gives me my full lossless collection through the USB DAC instead of part of the collection in high bit rate lossy format via the iPod DAC.

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #457 of 1,141
Mine just arrived
smily_headphones1.gif
! I haven't heard other amps before, so I don't have anything to compare it against other than an echo indigo, but it does sound slightly cleaner (with a pk1) especially in the high parts. It took a few seconds to install, and then windows automatically defaulted to it. As for appearance, it looks a lot smaller than the pictures show. The green looks really great -- it's dark and glossy, and if you look at it at an angle, there's a slight grain. It also makes the white text easy to read. And for build, there few insignificant misalignments in the case (fractions of a millimeter), but overall it feels sturdy. The LEDs are also unusually bright.

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #458 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by copse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys,

I just completed a purchase of a green ibasso boa from the ibasso website. after completion of the paypal transaction, the return button to the ibasso website got me a 404 error message- page not found. also an email to service@ibasso.com got me an instant message permanently failed mail delivery error. HOWEVER, a message to them via their contact us page on the ibasso.com website seemed to have gotten through.

now, i know this company is reliable seeing that so many of you guys have bought stuff from there without any hassles. neither do i expect any issues (well, i hope not to anyway). but am just wondering if any of you have had these errors too?

also, after purchase, how soon do you usually get a confirmation of purchase (and receipt of payment) from ibasso?

just want to restate- i am not bashing ibasso, this is just a general question. i expect everything to be OK. just want a confirmation from you guys so i can sleep alright tonight ! i am, by nature, a nervous individual and am not well versed in online transactions
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks
copse

Like me, I just check the paypal's receipt and mail for the payment goes to sevice@ibasso.com and not service@ibasso.com

Jun 12, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #459 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by KromaXamorK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like me, I just check the paypal's receipt and mail for the payment goes to sevice@ibasso.com and not service@ibasso.com

I experienced similar problems getting in tough with iBasso to confirm the D2 purchase I made Sunday. I found out, that at least for me the "Contact Us" button on their web site gets you no where. I tried it 3 times over a 36 hour period. However, if you just use your own email program and use email a message direct to "service@ibasso.com" the message definitely goes through.
I got a message back within just a few hours when I used this direct method.
In fact my D2 had already shipped.
wink.gif
They even supplie me with the UPS tracking number for my package. I am tracking it now. It is somewhere over the ocean in route to the U.S.

Jun 12, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #460 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by KromaXamorK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just use your email program to email them directly at "service@ibasso.com". You will get a response within hours that will probably include your tracking number.

Jun 12, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #461 of 1,141
Yes I know because I contacted ibasso from their website before buying the D2 and they answered to me.
But in reading Copse's post I had doubts so I checked my paypal's receipt and i saw the different address without "r". ^^

Jun 12, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #462 of 1,141
Mine has arrived! Listening to it now on my work PC. Wow, it's a lot smaller than I thought - never really checked the dimensions, but I've seen a D1 so I was expecting something a bit smaller than that. This is more like a Pico in form factor! The diameter of the volume knob is just a bit larger than the average throwaway ballpoint pen. I have the volume knob up to about 3pm on high gain at times with my Sennheiser HD280 Pros (it runs from about 7am to 5pm). No audible click whilst switching between gain settings. Bit of a click switching on and a sustained swooshing sound when switching off. I'll try it with my SuperFreqs later.

Jun 12, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #463 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine has arrived! Listening to it now on my work PC. Wow, it's a lot smaller than I thought - never really checked the dimensions, but I've seen a D1 so I was expecting something a bit smaller than that. This is more like a Pico in form factor! The diameter of the volume knob is just a bit larger than the average throwaway ballpoint pen. I have the volume knob up to about 3pm on high gain at times with my Sennheiser HD280 Pros (it runs from about 7am to 5pm). No audible click whilst switching between gain settings. Bit of a click switching on and a sustained swooshing sound when switching off. I'll try it with my SuperFreqs later.

Is the volume on your amp set up all the way? I can't imagine using that much of the boa. On high gain I can get to a max of around 12 oclock but it is getting too loud at time. This is with the different headphones that I have.

Congratulations on your new amp.

Jun 12, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #464 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On high gain I can get to a max of around 12 oclock but it is getting too loud at time. This is with the different headphones that I have.

Yeah via Lappy or Ipod with 81DJ's or MDR v6's 12 oclock is really really loud.

Jun 12, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #465 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the volume on your amp set up all the way? I can't imagine using that much of the boa. On high gain I can get to a max of around 12 oclock but it is getting too loud at time. This is with the different headphones that I have.

I have it running a bit louder than I would listen for burn-in and to see how well it copes, which seems to vary between about 1pm and 3pm on the dial. Could be merely the different headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back