Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. .
Jun 10, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #423 of 1,141
I ordered my D2 headphone amp yesterday. I have not received either an order confirmation or any tracking information yet. Yeh. Patience seems to be the word of the day.
Did you receive an order confirmation? And how long did it take for you to bet some tracking information?

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #424 of 1,141
You most likely will receive an email later tonight.

The P2 and Boa are different. The P2 has more power but I don't hear that so much. The Boa throws a nice large sound field and while I think the P2 is a very good amp the Boa might be a little more fun. Very clean on the high frequencies and after 200 hours or so, the bass deepens and tightens up. I like the size of the Boa a little more than the P2 but it all depends upon what you putting the amp in.

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #425 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsoxfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you receive an order confirmation? And how long did it take for you to bet some tracking information?

I think when I got the email with the tracking info the amp had been airborne for a day...it was practically in my back yard.

Pretty much everyone who has posted their shipping experience has been very pleased and a little taken aback at how quick it is. Maybe you can occupy your mind by selecting which tracks you'll try out with it first...

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #426 of 1,141
Thanks to both Jama and Lefty for the prompt response to my questions about order confirmation and tracking.
And Lefty I think I will definitely take up your suggestion about what tracks to start out with.
Although it is going to take a while for the full experience to unfold as Jama as repeatedly pointed out.
I am very much looking forward to pairly the D2 with my SE530s. They just might actually come close to my Stax electrostats and that would be quite something.

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #427 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsoxfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered my D2 headphone amp yesterday. I have not received either an order confirmation or any tracking information yet. Yeh. Patience seems to be the word of the day.

I ordered mine on Saturday (Sydney time, so Saturday morning in China). Based on some other people's experiences I e-mailed customer support on Monday morning asking for a tracking number to be supplied when the amp was shipped. The e-mail response with the tracking number arrived Monday evening (late afternoon Monday in China).

I'm guessing it will arrive tomorrow or the day after if things go smoothly.

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #429 of 1,141
I have like 40 hours on mine and from Lappy > Boa > MDR v6 or K81DJ with Ubernet quality Mp3's or FLAC it sounds great! From iPod > Boa > 81DJ's it sounds way cleaner and crisper. I'm very happy with the money spent for the quality I'm getting.

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #430 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The e-mail response with the tracking number arrived Monday evening (late afternoon Monday in China).

I'm even more impressed because I've just seen on our internal employee e-mail that Monday was a public holiday in mainland China. (That may also add some delay to the shipping process - I don't know.)

Jun 10, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #431 of 1,141
for those of you that have pluged the Boa into your pc, did windows install a driver ?

Tony

Jun 10, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #432 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be interested to read your impressions after 1 to 2 hundred hours on the Boa.

It is going to take me a while to get there
I wanna know your feedback on the Boa with your Edi 9 too.
wink.gif

And for people who just order the Boa, it takes a day for them to email me the order confirmation and shipment.

@morpheus95 yup it automatically installed mine!

Jun 10, 2008 at 10:39 AM Post #434 of 1,141
I am running win xp media center. I just plugged teh boa in, opened mediamonkey, and off we went
smily_headphones1.gif
No driver installed that I noticed, neither is there a "safely remove device" icon turning up when I plug it in.

Jun 10, 2008 at 1:18 PM Post #435 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The P2 and Boa are different. The P2 has more power but I don't hear that so much. The Boa throws a nice large sound field and while I think the P2 is a very good amp the Boa might be a little more fun. Very clean on the high frequencies and after 200 hours or so, the bass deepens and tightens up. I like the size of the Boa a little more than the P2 but it all depends upon what you putting the amp in.

I'm looking for a match for my Yuin PK1....which amp would you suggest?

thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back