Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. .
Jun 2, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #286 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bencrest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DHL delivered to security at the front gate about 5 hours ago... starting work in an hour so will grab it on my way in. May have to take my laptop in to give it a bit of burn in as well. Not sure if I dig the whole 'burn in' thing with solid state electronics but I'll give it a bash anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Then listen for the bass right off and then pay attention to it after 50 hours or more. Listen to the highs the same way. Let us know what you hear or don't hear.

Jun 2, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #287 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then listen for the bass right off and then pay attention to it after 50 hours or more. Listen to the highs the same way. Let us know what you hear or don't hear.

I will do, that sounds like a challenge
smily_headphones1.gif

I can't believe the amp got here (not that I can use it yet, won't finish work til about 2am, another 8/9 hours), the spelling on the address label is pretty dodgy, the post code (equivalent of the US ZIP code) has a P replaced by a 9, and my name is humourously wrong (Benjamin Guy became Benjammin Gay!)

Must admit though, doesn't appear there will be any customs or other tax, it's arrived in perfect shape, is a VERY professional looking unit (makes my old Little Dot Micro look positively amateurish), and got here very quickly. Were it not for the weekend falling shortly after it arrived in the UK, it would have been at my office within about 48 hours of placing the order. That's impressed me.

Just hope the SQ impresses me aswell
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #288 of 1,141
Very interested in picking one of these up. I can order through the website and PayPal will convert Euros to Dollars -correct? Or - should I just PayPal them the money in US Dollars and let them know what I want?

What did you folks from the US do???

Many thanks!

JP

Jun 2, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #289 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bencrest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will do, that sounds like a challenge
smily_headphones1.gif

I can't believe the amp got here (not that I can use it yet, won't finish work til about 2am, another 8/9 hours), the spelling on the address label is pretty dodgy, the post code (equivalent of the US ZIP code) has a P replaced by a 9, and my name is humourously wrong (Benjamin Guy became Benjammin Gay!)

Must admit though, doesn't appear there will be any customs or other tax, it's arrived in perfect shape, is a VERY professional looking unit (makes my old Little Dot Micro look positively amateurish), and got here very quickly. Were it not for the weekend falling shortly after it arrived in the UK, it would have been at my office within about 48 hours of placing the order. That's impressed me.

Just hope the SQ impresses me aswell
biggrin.gif

Well I look forward to your impressions. Yes, the speed astonishes me. Faster than most deliveries right here in the US even when expedited, unless over night. I even got one item in 1 day!

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #290 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpstereo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very interested in picking one of these up. I can order through the website and PayPal will convert Euros to Dollars -correct? Or - should I just PayPal them the money in US Dollars and let them know what I want?

Many thanks!

JP

I wanted the security of a acual transaction so i did it through their website and let PayPal convert USD to Euro. Paypal jacked me so it ended up 183 in place of 175 as they say. For the security of a documented transaction the extra 8 bucks is worth it to me. 1USD = .643 Euro so says xe.com paypal only gave me 1USD = .62 Euro.

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #291 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpstereo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Many thanks!

JP

I just paid the euro equivalent in US dollars through their website which automatically takes you to paypal for payment. it is not a biggie.

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #292 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by copse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just paid the euro equivalent in US dollars through their website which automatically takes you to paypal for payment. it is not a biggie.

Excellent. Many thanks!
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #293 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wanted the security of a acual transaction so i did it through their website and let PayPal convert USD to Euro. Paypal jacked me so it ended up 183 in place of 175 as they say. For the security of a documented transaction the extra 8 bucks is worth it to me. 1USD = .643 Euro so says xe.com paypal only gave me 1USD = .62 Euro.

For this price, the delivery speed, customer service response, and quality is really quite something. I bought it with half a mind to sell after playing around with it for a while and realizing I really don't need it. But it's too good to give up!

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #294 of 1,141
You can just send the $175 using paypal, skipping the order process. Remember to indicate your color choice. I am not sure if this would slow down shipping.

Explorer
Quote:

From iBasso
You can send Paypal payment to payment@ibasso.com
If you are from USA, the total cost is $175 including shipping.

PS As stated above, this would not be a "documented transaction".

Jun 2, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #295 of 1,141
Just plugged it in
smily_headphones1.gif

Listening to Heartbreaker with Led Zeppelin with a pair of PX 200(my Sony xd400 is at the office(as way of excuse))Still, going from the px 200 to the xd 400 was as to reveal a new layer in the music, with details I never noticed before. Now I hear more details with the px's than the xd's
eek.gif
Going to be fun to go to the office tomorrow to check it out with the better 'phones.

Think I now better understand: WElcome to Head-fi, sorry for your wallet
wink.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #297 of 1,141
I received my tracking number within hours after asking them on their webpage. Included my transaction number from paypal, and after that it was smooth sailing.

Jun 2, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #298 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received my tracking number within hours after asking them on their webpage. Included my transaction number from paypal, and after that it was smooth sailing.

Thanks for the tip, just sent them an email.

Jun 2, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #299 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftyGorilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For this price, the delivery speed, customer service response, and quality is really quite something. I bought it with half a mind to sell after playing around with it for a while and realizing I really don't need it. But it's too good to give up!

No doubt is it going to be worth it. Just was saying that Id rather pay a few extra bucks for a documented transaction as I have been screwed by Pay-Pal one to many times on "not documented transactions"

Jun 3, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #300 of 1,141
I'm afraid I'm going to ask a really stupid question.

I was kinda hoping that once plugged in, the DAC would no longer offer volume control from within Windows, but it does, through the usual volume control (sndvol32 from RUN in the Start Menu).

Soo.... what is the best way to have the DAC set up? Would you set Windows volume control to a low level, mid level, or maximum... or is it a case of 'wind the amp up to full, and tweek back Windows volume until the knob on the amp at max is the loudest volume you'd use'... something like that?

First impressions... not really relevant yet, just now plugged it in, need to try another song or two
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back