Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. .
May 22, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #91 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway I should have a D2 Boa in a few days. Couldn't resist. The sound is supposed to be different. Cleaner sounding, for what it is worth. We shall see.

Awesome... I'll be awaiting your review well. Especially comparing it to the Corda 2Move.

There don't seem to be any other DAC/amps worth their price @ less than $300.

May 22, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #92 of 1,141
It is green.

Ordered Sunday night and arrived this afternoon.

green-1.jpg

It picks up a lot of fingerprints. It looks black for the most part, only green when it is reflecting from a strong light.

May 22, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #93 of 1,141
I figure with my Predator, Pico, D2 Viper rolled opamps, HR Micro Stack, and Lyrix Total Pro USB that these FIVE USB DAC amps is enough - so I haven't ordered a D2 Boa until I hear some feedback.

Usually I try to be one of the first to order a new model and review it. But, I traded the D1 off for a Stax pro bias transformer, and I miss the D1 enough that I'd get another one of those before I get a Boa. I might even be more inclined to get a 2MOVE before a D2 Boa if the Boa sounds like the stock D2. I'm sure you guys have seen my review by now, of all these USB DAC amps using only USB as my source: MINI-REVIEW of SEVEN USB DAC amps

May 22, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #98 of 1,141
Ah, got mine today (ordered on sunday o_o fast) however the supplied mini to mini cable doesnt work for the right headphone, and my only other mini to mini cable is for my pc's speakers, and the cable i ordered seperately hasnt arrived
Also i cant give any feedback since i dont have any experience
biggrin.gif

I can however say that there's a small "click" sound when turning it on whilst music is running

May 22, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #99 of 1,141
That green is much prettier than I thought.

Now you guys need to give some reviews before I order
tongue.gif
. Im most interested in any bugs it has since the D2 Viper had the static noise when charging, noise when switching gain (and loud turn on thud?).

May 22, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #100 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by keiron99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't leave us hanging like this! Tell us more!

It's my first amp and I'm about as green as the Boa, so probably I'm not the guy you want giving detailed analysis of sq, but I will say that I was up until 3am last night listening to everything in my music collection and seeming to hear things I had not heard before.

Battery life seems quite good...right out of the box I started listening to it and have probably 15 hours on it already and it's still going...

I was concerned because the volume pot seems to stick out quite a bit from the body in the pictures, but it's only about 1/4 inch/1cm so actually it is shorter than the plug on my headphones.

In my purely subjective and mostly uninformed opinion, it is, as people say, the dog's bollocks.

There is a pop when turning on, but not something major. Odd, though, that just now I noticed turning it off that there is a noise in the left channel, like a swooshing power-down. But this does not happen with every turn-off.

No noise when switching gain. I have not charged it.

May 22, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #101 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftyGorilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's my first amp and I'm about as green as the Boa, so probably I'm not the guy you want giving detailed analysis of sq, but I will say that I was up until 3am last night listening to everything in my music collection and seeming to hear things I had not heard before.

Battery life seems quite good...right out of the box I started listening to it and have probably 15 hours on it already and it's still going...

I was concerned because the volume pot seems to stick out quite a bit from the body in the pictures, but it's only about 1/4 inch/1cm so actually it is shorter than the plug on my headphones.

In my purely subjective and mostly uninformed opinion, it is, as people say, the dog's bollocks.

There is a pop when turning on, but not something major. Odd, though, that just now I noticed turning it off that there is a noise in the left channel, like a swooshing power-down. But this does not happen with every turn-off.

No noise when switching gain. I have not charged it.

What kind of cans were you using. Thanks

May 22, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #103 of 1,141
why is the viper still more expensive at $200, this is $160?

May 22, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #104 of 1,141
LeftyGorrila (or anyone who has thiers now), would you describe it as warm or bright?

Any comparison to an amp you owned before?
Hows the bass, treble, and midrange?

May 22, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #105 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why is the viper still more expensive at $200, this is $160?

I'm not sure what you mean by "still", because the Viper is no longer in production...

If you are wondering why prices for used Vipers are still higher, some people will be happy to pay a premium price to be able to plug in their own opamps. The Viper has potential to sound better with custom opamps (or at least be tailored to your particular preferences or headphones).

Plus there's only a limited supply of Vipers out there (150 I think), so the whole supply-demand thing might be a factor too.

But if you don't care about rolling opamps, the Boa is smaller and can be charged off your computer's USB, too. That's a nice feature, IMO. I wish the Viper had it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back