Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. .
May 18, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #46 of 1,141
Seems like more and more companies are taking advantage over the rising Euro
frown.gif

May 18, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #47 of 1,141
WOW....that's a BEAUTIFUL amp....

May 18, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #48 of 1,141
Yes it is. I remember when I was first looking at portable amps, I wanted to get the T1 because of its looks. I'm glad I found Xin's amps, because it gave me plenty of time to wait and make the right decision.

Now if someone could please compare the D2 and 2Move... I could finally make a real decision on my first headphone amp.
wink.gif

May 18, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #49 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes it is. I remember when I was first looking at portable amps, I wanted to get the T1 because of its looks. I'm glad I found Xin's amps, because it gave me plenty of time to wait and make the right decision.

Now if someone could please compare the D2 and 2Move... I could finally make a real decision on my first headphone amp.
wink.gif

X2

May 19, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #50 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/min...ml#post4204873

That's for the D2-Viper though.

May 19, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #51 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/min...ml#post4204873

That's for the D2-Viper though.

If someone could compare the D2 Viper to the D2 Boa it would also be very helpful. Still looking for my 1st amp, think I may be getting really close to pulling the trigger.

May 19, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #52 of 1,141
I doubt anyone has got a boa yet, the website only came back online today

May 19, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #53 of 1,141
I would seriously consider buying one of those if I didn't already have a portable amp, though the DAC section would be less than useful for me. The price is very good for a DAC/amp combo, even cheaper than the Go-Vibe Petite, which I considered a stellar deal at just under 200.

May 19, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #54 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by inthecup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If someone could compare the D2 Viper to the D2 Boa it would also be very helpful. Still looking for my 1st amp, think I may be getting really close to pulling the trigger.

The stock D2 viper is supposed to sound the same as the boa.

May 19, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #55 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The stock D2 viper is supposed to sound the same as the boa.

I am not so sure about that. I know they were looking at a number of possibilities.

May 19, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #56 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not so sure about that. I know they were looking at a number of possibilities.

I should have known you'd have more scoop than any of us.

May 19, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #57 of 1,141
It should've been expected to begin with, for the Boa to sound different from the Viper. Seriously. I don't get why people set their minds to believe everything manufacturers say. Yes they said it should sound the same, but that won't actually be that profitable to them in a way. So why not come up with something new? That would sound even better? I won't be surprised if the Boa does sound better than the viper. Aside from the Viper being able to be opamp socket so it could easily be rolled, I don't see how the viper would likely beat the Boa overall, stock.

Sorry, I'm just mumbling. But I seriously seriously seriously don't see a point of making two same products which sound the same stock but one has an extra function to alter the sound. But yeah, just gotta wait for the reviews.

May 19, 2008 at 10:42 AM Post #59 of 1,141
Sweet, please post your impressions when you receive it.
Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet!

May 19, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #60 of 1,141
The switch in the back shuts off the charging and the unit is turned on and off by the volume control. They have stated that the gain no longer will cause any sound and they have stated that the on/off controlled by the volume control is very quiet. For me the gain on the Viper did cause a loud noise but the volume control never did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back