iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Jun 12, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #2,402 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will be interesting and surely find many readers.
Also
many I think are awaiting your review of the HF-2.

There is just no way I can get that done before I leave for a 5-day vacation with my Family. So not this weekend but the next, if I do it at all. I've already posted my impressions of the HF-2 in that thread. Nothing has changed in my impressions, even after 250 hours of burn-in I like them and am considering selling my re-cabled RS-1.

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #2,403 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew3199 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone?

Headroom makes a Micro portable amp/dac for $599 with a 20 hour rechargeable battery inside. The coax uses a mini connector. Don't they still have a desktop portable with DAC as well?

Jun 12, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #2,404 of 4,153
I thought they discontinued that in 2007 or so. I don't see the battery operated unit on their website.

Jun 12, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #2,405 of 4,153
Jun 12, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #2,406 of 4,153
Great, thanks for the link.
The Micro is a little bigger than the D1 and the Desktop is larger but at least there are options.

I don't think there is anything in the size range of the D10 though.

So who has one of these?

Jun 12, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #2,407 of 4,153
Double post. I am not sure why HeadFi posts so slowly at times.

Jun 12, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #2,408 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you get Coax digital from your Mac? Have I missed something?
wink.gif

I always prefered digital coax to digital optical, too.
I would describe it in the way that with digital out from the Mac to the iBasso d10 the sound becomes more detailed (so far natural), while over USB it is "harder", some micro resolution missing.
(On the iBasso D3 this effect is compensated by a smoother amp part.)
Connected to an USB Monica (which has a reclocking unit - Does any portable have such a feature?) this effect is less obvious .... I can not recognize it.

yes you missed something. in plain view too
smily_headphones1.gif
. I have an RME fireface 400 (multichannel 64 bit pro audio interface and dac 14 channels I/O 24/192) connected to my mac via firewire and it has coax...... among other things.

Jun 12, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #2,409 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes you missed something. in plain view too
smily_headphones1.gif
. I have an RME fireface 400 (multichannel 64 bit pro audio interface and dac 14 channels I/O 24/192) connected to my mac via firewire and it has coax...... among other things.

Someone at the Colorado head-fi meet summer 2008 told me my Apogee mini-DAC and Blutarsky's Apogee Duet (same table) was better than his RME Fireface.

Jun 12, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #2,410 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I remember how I did it. I used an adapter board with the DIP opamp leaving the 6 leg out of the hole to the side and I used a wire to tie 5 to 6 and a 2.2K from 6 to 7. That way the dip opamp could still be used as a regular opamp if I wanted to as the leg was still good.

Jamato, that is so cool! I'm gonna make up a couple this afternoon and do some critical listening this evening. This is why I love this forum, an endless supply of superb ingiuity
beerchug.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #2,411 of 4,153
You can only do it with certain opamps. For some reason I thought I could do it with smd when mounted but the leg of the adapter for the smd would have to be cut off as it can't be bent like that of a DiP.

Jun 12, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #2,412 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew3199 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the IBasso D10 the only current Amp / DAC combo that offers all three "USB" "Coax" and "Optical" input, portable or none portable?

If you want a portable with the "holy trinity", then D10 is (as far as I know) still the most compact & best sounding solution, but for non-portable there's many options.. My HeadRoom ultra desktop has it all, Pacific Valve have several, there's loads of (preassembled) DIY's, & many more if you google "headphone amp dac usb optical coax". GL.

Jun 12, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #2,413 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is just no way I can get that done before I leave for a 5-day vacation with my Family. So not this weekend but the next, if I do it at all. I've already posted my impressions of the HF-2 in that thread. Nothing has changed in my impressions, even after 250 hours of burn-in I like them and am considering selling my re-cabled RS-1.

Thank you.
There is no hurry.
Have nice vacations with your family!

I will see for myself how it compares to my RS1 (2008) hopefully later the month before my vacations next month.

Jun 12, 2009 at 7:47 AM Post #2,414 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
edit:

The following is while using the opamp with the P3+. I got my amps confused. sorry. :^)

Ok, the AD744 OB and CA very nice. More detail and great presence. Will have to listen more. I can use my adapter now for any dip opamp and of course soic on a Brown Dog etc. I must have made up these adapters 4 years ago or so. I am surprised I have them with me. I used a 1/8 watt resistor on each that is neatly tucked under the adapter so it is out of the way and still works, which it would not if on the side of the adapter.

Thank you, John.
I have read in the P3+ thread - about opamps rolling class A .....

How you do not get confused by posting in different threads and listening to different stuff at the same time?
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back