iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Feb 14, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #616 of 4,153
I don't think so 3.5 mm to metric users is 1/8" so I think he wants a short mini-mini cable and a short toslink as opposed to the long cables that came with the D1 (don't know if they are bundling any cables with the D10 at all)

Feb 14, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #617 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean 3.5cm, C2C, right?

I think he want a 3.5 mini-jack cable not a cable of 3,5cm!
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #621 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimrad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there any cables bundled with this one?

You get an inexpensive mini to mini for the amp section, a fairly long toslink to toslink and the AC to DC charger with a USB cord so you can use the wall charger or the USB from your laptop.

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #622 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You get an inexpensive mini to mini for the amp section, a fairly long toslink to toslink and the AC to DC charger with a USB cord so you can use the wall charger or the USB from your laptop.

Is there any sonic benefit in changing the mini to mini cables that come with these amps? I've never considered the length or gauge big enough to make much of a difference.

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #623 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any sonic benefit in changing the mini to mini cables that come with these amps? I've never considered the length or gauge big enough to make much of a difference.

That is about as subjective a subject as you can get. Only your ears can tell if it is worth it for you.

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #624 of 4,153
Yes, I think high quality IC's make a difference. The signal is carried on that wire so treating the signal with the least interference is best, IMO, and that requires a good IC. Having said that, I think you can still enjoy the cable that comes with the amp. I make my own and can hear a difference.

What are some good ones on the market I am sure someone will chime in.

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #625 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is about as subjective a subject as you can get. Only your ears can tell if it is worth it for you.

Yes it is very subjective. I used to make IC's of hyper pure silver and sold them commercially and to be honest, I never had anything but positive feedback from customers and this can't be said for most IC's. So while not everyone heard the same thing, they all felt there was an improvement.

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #626 of 4,153
Recently i tried an iriver h320 20 gig and according to the syllibas with it its suppose to have a dedicated line out, try as i may even with the secondry line out different dedicated line out? it sounded the same as ordinary line out for headphones, then i noticed the volume control hired the volume on that line out, normally that jack output would have a seperate output with no volume control ( ipods) any ideas, ed.

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #627 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hear you on that one. I've always wondered if there was enough cable involved to make a difference on the mini-to-mini cables though. I've been in high-end audio a long time at one point or another and, to be honest, once the cable breaks in, I think the mega-buck cable thing is overblown and a waste of money. But there is value in a good solid no-frills cable for sure. Who makes the mini-to-mini?

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #628 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear you on that one. I've always wondered if there was enough cable involved to make a difference on the mini-to-mini cables though. I've been in high-end audio a long time at one point or another and, to be honest, once the cable breaks in, I think the mega-buck cable thing is overblown and a waste of money. But there is value in a good solid no-frills cable for sure. Who makes the mini-to-mini?

So what headphones you are using?

Feb 15, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #630 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...a fairly long toslink...

Is that a full size optical or mini toslink (like the one on the back of my Mac and front of my MicroDac)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back