iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Feb 15, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #631 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that a full size optical or mini toslink (like the one on the back of my Mac and front of my MicroDac)?

I am not familiar with a mini toslink. It is a standard size toslink.

Feb 15, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #633 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mini toslink is what iriver H140 has.

...and the Mac, and the HR MicroDac

Feb 15, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #634 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by ed lynch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recently i tried an iriver h320 20 gig and according to the syllibas with it its suppose to have a dedicated line out, try as i may even with the secondry line out different dedicated line out? it sounded the same as ordinary line out for headphones, then i noticed the volume control hired the volume on that line out, normally that jack output would have a seperate output with no volume control ( ipods) any ideas, ed.

iRiver uses a digital volume control, which affects both headphone out as well as line out.

Feb 15, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #635 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iRiver uses a digital volume control, which affects both headphone out as well as line out.

Which means it is not a fix voltage output line out? It comes out from the preamp stage output?

Feb 16, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #636 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which means it is not a fix voltage output line out? It comes out from the preamp stage output?

Not sure but Squeezebox is similar, the RCA Line out is variable. Actually so is my Marantz CD player and all my Mediatek DVD players.

Feb 16, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #637 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It is a line-out, but not line-level output. There is a difference. Line-level is standardized fixed voltage.

Feb 16, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #639 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by khtse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good news. Just got an email from iBasso saying that my D10 will be shipped on either Monday or Tuesday! (I placed my order on Jan 26th)

That's good. It is Monday there now.

Feb 16, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #642 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who has an AD8066 already mounted and willing to sell me one to use on the D10? Thanks.

Hi Flight should have an AD8066...I just ordered one myself.

Jon

Feb 16, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #643 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by ed lynch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recently i tried an iriver h320 20 gig and according to the syllibas with it its suppose to have a dedicated line out, try as i may even with the secondry line out different dedicated line out? it sounded the same as ordinary line out for headphones, then i noticed the volume control hired the volume on that line out, normally that jack output would have a seperate output with no volume control ( ipods) any ideas, ed.

Just to be clear: the H320 is the wrong player to use with an iBasso D10. You would need an H120 or H140 (also known as iHP-120 and iHP-140, respectively). While the H1x0 and H3x0 players have analog line-out, only the H1x0 players have optical digital output. Using the line-out (which IS controlled by the player's volume control), you're limited to the player's own DAC, which isn't that great. The iBasso D10 has an optical receiver and it's own DAC which will FAR surpass the one in the player. Note that the digital output is NOT controlled by the player's volume control, though if you use RockBox, the final output volume is limited when using ReplayGain and this does effect the output via digital out.

-Packgrog

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #644 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaw007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried any [size=x-small]AD8610 yet?.If so what are your thoughts on them?
[/size]

It doesn't work in the D10. Supply voltage is too low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back