iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Feb 13, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #586 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaw007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=x-small]Dr.Jan Meier [/size]of [size=x-small]Meier Audio is very helpful,and really on the ball,and answers questions quickly.His amps are really quality made.[/size]

Yeah, I'm still debating whether I should buy a Corda Cantate as a desktop amp/dac, or save a few hundred and just buy a D10 and use it as a desktop/PC amp/dac.

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #587 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will find out and post the info shortly. Lots of people have had questions about the caution note in the instructions. Most single cell recharging circuits are fairly simple and quite reliable.

The D10 does have overcharge protection. iBasso said that they probably worded the warning in the instructions rather poorly, and the caution note to turn off the switch after charging is complete was intended to prevent needless charging cycles whenever the computer is turned on rather than to prevent damage by overcharging.

Although the D10 battery will not be damaged by overcharging, all lithium cells have a finite number of charge cycles, and turning off the charge switch just prevents wasting them by needless recharging.

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #588 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was out of stock when I ordered mine last Saturday and today I received an email with the tracking number. Their website may not be up to date.

You serious? I placed my order on Jan 26, when it was out of stock, and I still haven't received any shipment notice! I thought by placing the order earlier I can get in front of the queue when D10 is back in stock...
confused.gif

It's time to email them...

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #589 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by khtse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You serious? I placed my order on Jan 26, when it was out of stock, and I still haven't received any shipment notice! I thought by placing the order earlier I can get in front of the queue when D10 is back in stock...
confused.gif

It's time to email them...

Dead serious. This is the email I got from them yesterday:

Dear, Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your order.
Your DHL tracking number is: xxxxxxxxxx
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Sincerely
iBasso Audio

I 'x' the DHL number on purpose.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #590 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dead serious. This is the email I got from them yesterday:
Your DHL tracking number is: xxxxxxxxxx

I 'x' the DHL number on purpose.

You could have thrown in a couple of "O"s too. Where's the love?
tongue.gif

If you put in hugs, then you gotta put in the kisses too.

xxxoooxxxooo

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #591 of 4,153
Quote:

The D10 does have overcharge protection. iBasso said that they probably worded the warning in the instructions rather poorly, and the caution note to turn off the switch after charging is complete was intended to prevent needless charging cycles whenever the computer is turned on rather than to prevent damage by overcharging.

Although the D10 battery will not be damaged by overcharging, all lithium cells have a finite number of charge cycles, and turning off the charge switch just prevents wasting them by needless recharging.

ok. thanks. Though I guess it will be interesting to see how to use this as a pure desktop amp everyday.

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #592 of 4,153
I received a reply from iBasso this morning:

"Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your reply.
We have not shipped D10 to anybody after it is out of stock. We only have one working unit on hand, it is impossible for us to ship it to anyone.
We guarantee that your order will be shipped once the D10 is ready, and first come first served".

Have a good weekend.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

confused.gif

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #593 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"Dear Sir/Madam,
We have not shipped D10 to anybody after it is out of stock. We only have one working unit on hand, it is impossible for us to ship it to anyone.
We guarantee that your order will be shipped once the D10 is ready, and first come first served".

Have a good weekend.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

confused.gif

As much as I love my D10...and all the (mostly) positive feedback regarding ibasso's quality and shipping....I've decided there is definitely some weirdness with how they do certain things.

1. They release a significant new product days before their New Year, resulting in an effective blackout for those wishing to purchase one.

2. Their stock at the time of release seems to have been pretty low, as they were "out of stock" within two days after it's release. Apparently this condition continues to the present.

3. They send me a DHL tracking number which is nonfunctional for two weeks. Later (and belatedly as compared to others) I receive my D10 via EMS/U.S. Post.

4. ...and the email above as compared to others getting tracking numbers (or not) and placing orders.

confused_face_2.gif

I have to admit that I've been spoiled by vendors such as Ray Samuels or TTVJ (and many others not mentioned). I guess I have no problem with this if the product arrives eventually and performs as advertised (which my unit is so far).

HiFlight: On a separate note, I tried your recommendation regarding the "gremlins" in the D10's input switching mechanism....and it exhibits the same issue. I've learned now that each time the D10 fails to switch to the proper input/output, I can replug the plug while everything is on and it will typically find it on the second try.

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #594 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Have a good weekend.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

confused.gif

confused0006.gif
Perhaps they messed up my order?

Feb 13, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #595 of 4,153
If my D10 doesn't take the input and play I just turn it off and then back on and the D10 works just fine.

Feb 14, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #596 of 4,153
I think iBasso underestimated the early demand for the D10. I do know they were in a hurry to introduce it as close to the beginning of 2009 as possible. They have a couple of other things in the works, but I am sure that they will first ramp up the D10 production prior to pursuing the items on the drawing board.

Feb 14, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #597 of 4,153
Quote:

I think iBasso underestimated the early demand for the D10. I do know they were in a hurry to introduce it as close to the beginning of 2009 as possible. They have a couple of other things in the works, but I am sure that they will first ramp up the D10 production prior to pursuing the items on the drawing board.

Are they upgrading even the other models like D2 and D3?

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #599 of 4,153
D10-D303-top.jpg

D10 with the optical output of my D303. A very nice combination. Oh and the ESW10 JPN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back