iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Jan 25, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #241 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by brandnewgame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You were only trying to help
smily_headphones1.gif
It would suck being in a bidding war against another Head-fi'er though since sound quality is worth a pretty penny.

Thanks again for your amp help
biggrin.gif
I'm on here irregularly and often can't finish a most helpful conversation.

First thanks to nc800 and EFN! I got one from erikzen here in Head-Fi. Next ...
confused.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #242 of 4,153
Hard work and perseverance do pay off.

I told you to mention my name to erikzen
tongue.gif

Congrats on getting what you wanted and needed, Miguel.

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #243 of 4,153
Yes Aaron I am very happy! BTW, in about three weeks contact me. I should be able to send your way the D10 and a couple of new Reference Boards to try plus the one you liked out of the last two. I hope you remember if it was the one w/ the red mark or the one w/ no mark.

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #244 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2 years ago, a couple of hundred 120/140's were being sold by a European liquidator for between $200 and $300. Why, because it was the last DAPs with an optical in/out and it's a damn good unit. $120, even if it needs a new battery, is a good deal.

Last summer 50 plus of new 120's were being sold on ebay that iRiver had let go from stock used to replace bad 120's. They went for around 150. It was a great deal for many people. It drove down the price of used for a while.

Jan 25, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #245 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone who ordered a D10 on it's day of release actually gotten one yet? It seems like the ones that Head-fi members have gotten so far were sent pre-release (or actually live in Asia).

Ibasso sent me a DHL tracking number last Tuesday or Wednesday...but five days later it still does not show as a recognized tracking number on DHL's site.

I'm wondering what to expect as I have no idea when it will come...or if a delivery confirmation signature will be required. I guess the other issue is that Wisconsin has been below 0 lately and I would rather that the D10 not sit out in those temperatures all day. No replies from ibasso as I suppose they're on holiday.

Anybody have any idea what I should expect based on your previous ibasso experience?

I have the same problem than you. I got the DHL tracking number from iBasso on Wednesday morning but still doesn't work. I live in WA.

Jan 25, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #246 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you remember if it was the one w/ the red mark or the one w/ no mark.

It was the one with no mark. Check inside. It should be the one with my new batteries, not yours.

Jan 25, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #247 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by bpfiguer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the same problem than you. I got the DHL tracking number from iBasso on Wednesday morning but still doesn't work. I live in WA.

Mine worked right away. This is frustrating. I guess you guys have emailed iBasso. They are on vacation but hopefully they will check the email.

Jan 26, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #249 of 4,153
Many people are happy with low res audio MP3 files that can fit on the Nano with 20,000 songs. Why would they care about digital out? The money isn't there. I hope it changes though. Meanwhile I have a good stock of iRivers.

Jan 26, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #251 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by brandnewgame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You were only trying to help
smily_headphones1.gif
It would suck being in a bidding war against another Head-fi'er though since sound quality is worth a pretty penny.

The unwritten law of Head-fi. Never EVER post an eBay auction which would most likely be the target of Head-fiers.
beerchug.gif

Jan 26, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #252 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
-cut-
If you mean compared the the usb out, then you will hear negligible difference either for the better or the worse.

If you mean compared to the headphone or line out, remember that both the optical and usb line out bypass the DAC and amp in your source, which we assume is inferior to the ones in the D10. So yes, you will get more detail and warmth and soundstage, etc.

Hope this helps, either way.

Interesting.. How could there be any (albeit negligible) difference between USB and, say, optical?

I was asking the question based on the statement from iBasso: "I think the D10 can beat any of our products if using optical or coaxial inputs". (link)

Jan 26, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #253 of 4,153
I guess this is a question for someone like Ron, but for those of us with D1s that were opamp rolled (remember that whole string of posts about that?), is the D10 a must replacement for the D1 now (other than the size difference)?

I have my Sony pcpds with optical out going to a D1 and then to an iBasso P2 with ESW9s (recabled) and I am very happy.

Thoughts?

Jan 26, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #255 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by vkvedam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where is Larry, we haven't heard from him on this thread for a while now. Is he busy with burning the midnight oil over the D10?

I ordered on the 18th and it shipped on the 23rd. By the 24th mine made it as far as Ohio, so should be in Denver Monday and Colorado Springs Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back