iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Apr 8, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #1,771 of 4,153
The difference between the P and the PA is in the specifications for the DC offset voltage. Both, however, have extremely low offset voltages in comparison to many other commonly used audio opamps, and it is unlikely that anyone will hear any audible differences between the two. The DC offset voltage, if extremely large, can reduce the dynamic range of an opamp. In the case of the OPA2228, the offset voltages are in the low microvolt range, which should be of little significance for audio frequencies.

Perhaps if one is real picky and wants the absolute best specs, they should spend the extra few bucks and get the P version.

It will probably have the same effect on the sound as will a $300 power cord or a $50 audiophile fuse!

Apr 8, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #1,772 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The difference between the P and the PA is in the specifications for the DC offset voltage. Both, however, have extremely low offset voltages in comparison to many other commonly used audio opamps, and it is unlikely that anyone will hear any audible differences between the two. The DC offset voltage, if extremely large, can reduce the dynamic range of an opamp. In the case of the OPA2228, the offset voltages are in the low microvolt range, which should be of little significance for audio frequencies.

Perhaps if one is real picky and wants the absolute best specs, they should spend the extra few bucks and get the P version.

It will probably have the same effect on the sound as will a $300 power cord or a $50 audiophile fuse!

Thanks for the info, HiFlight. At least the difference here is only four dollars...or I'll just ask TI for a sample.
wink.gif

Cheers!
-HK sends

Apr 8, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #1,773 of 4,153
You know, I was thinking the D10 didn't get all that loud (using the Stock opamps), but then I just dropped in the AD8656 as buffers and WOW!
eek.gif

The sound is a bit harsh with the Grado 325i's I'm using, but with burn-in (and the OPA2228 that I am ordering), it should sound really good.

I like opamp rolling!
icon10.gif

Cheers!
-HK sends

Apr 9, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #1,775 of 4,153
Yes, they are current and will be there for some time. Just place an order and they will send it out in a couple of days. It appears they are just keeping up with the orders.

Apr 9, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #1,777 of 4,153
does anyone have any idea do i need to solder for the ad8620 or ad8066? Cause i might get both of them for my d10 to pair up with the ie8's.

Apr 9, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #1,778 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrealsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does anyone have any idea do i need to solder for the ad8620 or ad8066? Cause i might get both of them for my d10 to pair up with the ie8's.

Just did a quick search on Digikey...didn't see any evidence they come in DIP form, which means, yes, you would have to solder to a brown dog.

Apr 9, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #1,779 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, ok. Its just because the website says that its temporarily out of stock

iBasso

They haven't updated the website since late January but they are shipping as fast as orders come in.

Apr 10, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #1,780 of 4,153
Quote:

I spent some time today going thru my supply of opamps that might be compatible with the D10.

The list below is certainly not all-inclusive, but is a pretty good representation of the ones that will function in the D10, considering the low supply voltage. ......
Opamps that I thought might work but didn't: AD8620, LM6622, LME49720 (LM4562), AD797 (SOIC) OPA627 (OPA 627 initally worked fine, but only for a short period of time. Likely on the very edge of its voltage envelop with a fully charged battery.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrealsky

might want to rethink that order ^^^

its a pity too because the AD8620 is a great op-amp and well thought of here; but doesnt have enough voltage to work in the D10; seems we are limited with our choices a bit. although there are still some good ones we can use. i'm thinking of ordering some AD825 and using a browndog stacked. it also says its voltage range starts at 5v, but thats for a single channel opamp. i'm gonna give it a try anyway as that is nice too. its a bit hit and miss it seems, because most of the ones that do work are rated to start at 5v as well, just as many that dont work. we are right on the edge of operation with numbers of op-amps and its a matter of trial and error.

Apr 10, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #1,782 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrealsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif

IMHO, the OPA228/AD8656 combo considerably betters the performance of the AD8066. Much better detail and considerably larger and deeper soundstage. Quite speaker-like. By itself, the OPA228 seemed rather unremarkable, but paired with the AD8656 as buffers, it is a totally different performer.

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #1,783 of 4,153
FWIW, I ordered a D10 on Wednesday. Heard back from them a few hours later to confirm shipping address. Traded a few emails with them around op-amps. So far, real good customer service. I ordered the amp even though it showed as out-of-stock. I contacted them through their site first and they confirmed they will build upon my order. I plan on spending some time with it stock to become familiar with it's sound signature and will then start rollin'.

Apr 10, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #1,784 of 4,153
Quote:

IMHO, the OPA228/AD8656 combo considerably betters the performance of the AD8066. Much better detail and considerably larger and deeper soundstage. Quite speaker-like. By itself, the OPA228 seemed rather unremarkable, but paired with the AD8656 as buffers, it is a totally different performer.

which one shld i get for my d10? do i need to solder? thanks...

Browse for Products | Farnell Singapore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back