iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Apr 7, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #1,756 of 4,153
Apr 7, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #1,757 of 4,153
BoxWave Accessories - iPhone, Blackberry, Treo, HTC Cases, Batteries, Chargers & More

id give you the direct link but my mouse is knackered and the right button doesn't work lol

anyway once on boxwave search for iriver h120 accessories and you should find the retractable usb and charger cable.

I got one few years back of a far higher quality than that one but I can't remember the company or find it again, so I think boxwave as the best verified aftermarket iriver charger there is... until another verifiably safe source comes along

you dont want to use any old charger for your iriver, but the boxwave has been recommended by the guys over on misticriver for years so its fine.

Apr 7, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #1,760 of 4,153
Just to keep up interest, I have a bunch of new opamps and buffers that I have never tried before enroute. For now, my personal D10 choice is:
OPA2228 in LR, AD8656 buffers. Like being there!

And here I thought I was about finished trying out different combinations....Well, the bar just keeps going up. What fun.

Yes, dear...you want me to clean up my mess off the table, just because its suppertime???????

Apr 7, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #1,761 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by clasam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone talk me through swapping out the battery for a new one?

Thx,

Jon

For the D10???

Apr 7, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #1,762 of 4,153
Quote:

Can anyone talk me through swapping out the battery for a new one?

Thx,

Jon

If you men in the iRiver there is a good guide with pictures on misticriver that hiflight pointed me to at one point

Apr 7, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #1,763 of 4,153
Here's the best battery change guide I'm aware of for the H1xx:

http://www.misticriver.net/wiki/inde...ry_Replacement

Yesterday, I had my first bad experience regarding electrical noise/interference with the D10 stock opamps. I was flying in a smaller jet and it was really bad....significant crackling that ruined listening to the music. I was also using fairly sensitive IEM's which just seemed to magnify the problem as well. Next time I'm going to try putting my rig in an anti-static bag and see if it helps.

Previously, I've had no problem with regular commercial flights or any other nearby devices such as cellphones.

Apr 7, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #1,764 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the D10???

Sorry, yes I meant the D10. I THINK I remember people saying the battery was easily replaced....

While my D10 is in with iBasso, I figured I might as well get a replacement battery.

I don't NEED to replace the battery yet, but since I will eventually, I figured I would ask someone for a walkthrough while I was thinking about it.

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #1,765 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to keep up interest, I have a bunch of new opamps and buffers that I have never tried before enroute. For now, my personal D10 choice is:
OPA2228 in LR, AD8656 buffers. Like being there!

Hey HiFlight, are you using the OPA2228P or PA?

Thanks,
-HK sends

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #1,766 of 4,153
Quote:

Sorry, yes I meant the D10. I THINK I remember people saying the battery was easily replaced....

While my D10 is in with iBasso, I figured I might as well get a replacement battery.

I don't NEED to replace the battery yet, but since I will eventually, I figured I would ask someone for a walkthrough while I was thinking about it.

The battery leads aren't soldered in place but have a fitting that pushes into place. It will be very easy to replace the battery in the D10 and the battery is common.

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #1,767 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The battery leads aren't soldered in place but have a fitting that pushes into place. I will be very easy to replace the battery in the D10 and the battery is common.

So just grab and slide, correct?

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #1,768 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HK_sends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey HiFlight, are you using the OPA2228P or PA?

Thanks,
-HK sends

From what I've read, the P and PA are audibly identical. The improved specs are meaningless for audio. It's a great choice, imo

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #1,769 of 4,153
Quote:

So just grab and slide, correct?

Yes. The battery is glued in place but that is often the case and will take a little gentle prying off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back