iBasso D-Zero
Oct 23, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #152 of 240

Quote:
It sounds great, but there seems to a little background distortion.  Have not played around a lot, maybe someone else can chime in

Background distortion as in hissing when connected to PC? D-zero's power filtering isn't particular great so you will hear hiss / noise if your USB port is noisy / unclean. But generally it isn't loud enough to be bothersome for me.

Oct 24, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #153 of 240

Quote:
Background distortion as in hissing when connected to PC? D-zero's power filtering isn't particular great so you will hear hiss / noise if your USB port is noisy / unclean. But generally it isn't loud enough to be bothersome for me.

x2. Out of my laptop it's fine, but out of my computer it's particularly noisy on high gain. On low gain you have to pay attention to hear it.

Nov 1, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #154 of 240
Hello aell I didn't bother to search this thread so I'm going to ask anyway.
which is better for portable ajd listening through laptop for music and movies .. the d-zero or uha-4
I'm using the 1964 T and Hd600 at home
Already using the E7 and told myself I might need a upgrade

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #155 of 240
Question for people using the iBasso D-Zero for PC listening:

I have a "Realtek HD Audio" chip on my work PC ("Audio Codec" = ALC261... if that helps). I don't know much about it (it's the onboard audio on my fairly high-end HP corporate workstation), but it claims to be able to output 24 bits/96000 Hz audio format. My cans right now are Senn HD 448's, and I mainly listen to 256kbps AAC and a small but growing FLAC collection.

Here's the question: will my setup benefit from using the D-Zero instead of the onboard audio? I know the specs in terms of format aren't quite up to the Realtek chip, but I have to believe a dedicated DAC/amp would still be an improvement.

Thanks!

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #156 of 240
The fuzzy answer is "probably". If you have a noisy machine with poor power supply, using a usb/dac usually eliminates a lot of power issues in the sound.

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #157 of 240
How does this pair with the RE0s???

Jan 13, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #159 of 240

Quote:
Man, I stopped looking around at this stuff for a few months and now I see this and already want it.  Haven't been using my D12 so maybe I'll get rid of that and get this.

I do like my D-Zero for the limited use I give it, but you might also look at the new Fiio E17 coming out. Little more expensive, but has a little more in the way of features and early impressions have the sound quality being at least as good if not a little better. There are actually a lot more decent options in the budget portable amp/dac market that have come out recently.

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #160 of 240
I'm actually thinking of going mobile with my gear (and making it transportable to some degree).  So I might sell my Little Dac I+, Nuforce uDac, and AKG K702 with misc. cables to pick up a D-Zero and then grab some customs in the future.  Does the D-Zero sound good enough to combine with customs?  Not sure which customs either... still looking, but I don't think I'd like to spend more than $5-600 on those.

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #161 of 240
Hey guys, I've got a brand-new D-Zero for sale.  $120 shipped in North America.  I haven't got my post count up yet so I can't post this to the classifieds. 

It's been opened and powered on once, then boxed up again.  PM me for pics and more info.

Thanks.

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #162 of 240
Hello all,
I have a Ipod Classic 160gig and Westone 3s. I tried to use the T3 with them and did not notice a big difference. I tried the D2 boa with this combo and it sounds great. Will the D-Zero sound similar to the Boa, or the T3?

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #163 of 240
I now have my D-Zero, and have read people using it with an iPad.  I've tried on my iPad 2 with no success. I don't want to hook it up to a USB hub, as that isn't mobile to me.  Anyone here tried with their iPad and were able to get it to work?

Feb 22, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #164 of 240
Can anyone comment on the D-Zero compared to the D2+ Boa?

I know the DAC side is ni on identical, and as I understand the Amp section is better. But how much better?

Historically I'd been drooling over the D2+ for a long time and the price difference on the D-Zero made me jump at it.
I've already taken the plunge with the D-Zero (my first portable dac/amp) but am trying to warm my cold feet and get some opinions on the quality difference.
I'm not beyond upgrading in 6 months if I get the audiophile itch again.

Source: Either a Linux PC, or a Sansa Clip+,
  possibly my Android phone (Samsung mini) if I'm desperate (USB host and USB audio support would make me melt)
Cans: Bose Triports, Denon AH-D2000 or AKG702's (one day Sennheizer HD600/650's when I got the cash to burn)

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #165 of 240
Hi, guys do you think that D-ZERO will be the right choise in chain like this: iPod classic (newest) --> silver LOD --> D-ZERO --> Heir 4.A (custom iems) ?? Or should I look somewhere else for something else? Thanks for advices!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back