iBasso D-Zero
Sep 28, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #136 of 240

Quote:
hey clieOS, did you get a chance to review the Lear FSM-01 vs T3 vs. D-zero

It will be posted either at the weekend or early next week, depends on how fast I can finish it.

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #138 of 240

Quote:
Replace the stock Nichicon FW 16V 470uF with KW 6.3V 1000uF. They have the same gold color so you might not notice the change in that thread. Personally, I would also consider AVX OxiCaps + Wima film (bypass) as I have had good experience using them for coupling caps.

Is there a significant cost difference between the caps?

Sep 28, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #139 of 240

Quote:
Is there a significant cost difference between the caps?

Not much. The two can be bought from Mouser for around a quarter or so..

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #140 of 240
Review from Headfonia
[COLOR=FF00AA][COLOR=FF00AA]
http://www.headfonia.com/fiio-e7-meet-your-rival-the-ibasso-d-zero/[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Sep 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #141 of 240
Very nice write up. Thank you...

Quote:
Review from Headfonia

http://www.headfonia.com/fiio-e7-meet-your-rival-the-ibasso-d-zero/

Sep 29, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #142 of 240
Mine has been shipped from Chinas as of today. I don't know when I'll be receiving it but I am pretty excited after all these reviews. 

Sep 30, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #143 of 240
Greetings and congratulations!

My D-Zero, and from what I understand, others too have been getting our D-Zero's in about three days from the time they ship which is absolutely incredible.

Quote:
Mine has been shipped from Chinas as of today. I don't know when I'll be receiving it but I am pretty excited after all these reviews. 

Oct 4, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #144 of 240
I'm interested in buying the D.-Zero and using it with my Droid phone. Can I run a 3.5 from my headphones jack to the 3.5 aux in and be able to take advantage of the dzero amp and dac? Or would it just amplify the signal and not use the dac?

Oct 4, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #145 of 240
The DAC section is usable only in conjunction with your computer via USB 

Oct 12, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #146 of 240

Quote:
The DAC section is usable only in conjunction with your computer via USB 

So if you use the "Aux In/Out" on the front to connect to a mp3 player, you'll bypass the DAC???

Oct 12, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #147 of 240
That's what it sounds like. Then you're just listening to the D-Zero as a straight forward headphone amplifier &
there's nothing wrong with this. It is an outstanding headphone amp in its own right.

Besides what you were expecting the D-Zero to do, no DAC does! The only way any DAC is ever in the audio
chain is to feed it a DIGITAL signal via USB, Optical, Coax or "balanced" AES/EBU.

Quote:
So if you use the "Aux In/Out" on the front to connect to a mp3 player, you'll bypass the DAC???

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #148 of 240
vinylrules - thanks for the information!!! As you can probably tell, I'm pretty new to the mid-fi/high-fi thing. Been reading a ton of threads, but with all the information out there I tend to get bogged down.

Wondering if I should even bother with a DAC?? I'm trying to find a DAC/AMP that I can connect my Zen Vision M to (I'll be using the A/V out on the Zen). Does anyone know if it would be an upgrade in sound quality using a reasonably priced DAC (<$200) versus the one in the Zen?? I'm using Shure 840 HPs so I'm not to concerned with the amp part of a dac/amp (the Shure's are really pretty easy to drive).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back