iBasso D-Zero
Sep 15, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #91 of 240
Unfortunately the manufacturers list output voltage differently:

iBasso D-Zero: 95mW @ 32ohm

Pico Slim: 0.35Wrms @ 32ohm

Converting watts into milliwatts then it would appear the Pico puts out a lot more output @ 350mW??? Can anyone double check my math?

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #92 of 240

Quote:

Sorry about that. I've been pretty busy and haven't had a lot of headphone time in general, even with my main rig. I keep turning on my Lyr so the tubes warm up, and then it gets turned off without being used. I'm hoping in the next couple weeks I can do a more revealing listening session with the D-Zero.

That's all right sir. Looking forward for your future impressions. :)

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #93 of 240

Quote:
Unfortunately the manufacturers list output voltage differently:

iBasso D-Zero: 95mW @ 32ohm

Pico Slim: 0.35Wrms @ 32ohm

Converting watts into milliwatts then it would appear the Pico puts out a lot more output @ 350mW??? Can anyone double check my math?

I made the right choice then :p

Sep 16, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #95 of 240
@ around $300 premium up & above the cost of the lowly iBasso D-0, you better have!!! 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
I made the right choice then :p

Sep 16, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #96 of 240

Quote:
How would this compare with

1) DAC Destroyer 

2) Ibasso D3 Python

For what it's worth, I have the DacDestroyer and thought it was better than the udac and udac2. Compared to my iBasso D10, I give the nod to the D10 but not significantly.

Sep 21, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #98 of 240
hi clieos, i need your advise.

i have bright phones here...
mx980, ue700 and fx700.

and im planning on getting myself an IPOD by RWA.
and i would like to pair it with a budget amp only.
which is would be better?

E7 or DZERO?

Sep 21, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #99 of 240
If anyone had a chance to preview E10 (I know it is not portable, but I want my first amp before E17 comes out and I can pair it with some future E9 upgrade) and D-Zero, which one should sound better with Denon AH-D2000 and/or Sennheiser HD600?

Sep 21, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #102 of 240
Quote:
\Originally Posted by pinoyman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hi clieos, i need your advise.

i have bright phones here...
mx980, ue700 and fx700.

and im planning on getting myself an IPOD by RWA.
and i would like to pair it with a budget amp only.
which is would be better?

E7 or DZERO?

If you are not going to use the DAC section of both amp, I don't think you should limit your choice on just these two. I have put at least 24 hours on D-zero now and my original impression still stands - I find D-zero a bit on the bright side and just a tiny bit grainy / edgy on the top. Personally I won't pair D-zero with already bright headphone which might causes sibilance. Also, while the width of soundstage is excellent, the depth / layering is not quite as good. Overall I'll say D-zero is still better than E7, but for the same price range, there are other choices as well. E6 (which is better sounding than E7) is IMO roughly on par with D-zero on the amp section - not quite as wide on soundstage, but better on depth and more texture on the mid / low. E11, like E6, not quite as wide on soundstage, but better on depth and more texture on the mid / low, much better on layering. iBasso T3 / T3D is also good choice, roughly on par of E11 and better than D-zero. If you are willing spend up to $150, LEAR FSM-01 (found on eBay) is pretty much better than both T3D and E11, but it is also also a little edgy like D-zero and might not go quite as well with really bright headphone.

As I have said before, I think the real value on D-zero is on its DAC section. It is by far the best sounding [PCM270x + WM8740] combo I have heard.

Quote:
e10 isn't out yet

I guess I am one of very few who have both D-zero and E10 right now. If you don't need portability, I'll recommend E10 over D-zero. E10 is cheaper (around $80 or so), the amp section is much more powerful and better textured, the DAC section is better (slightly more detail + 24/96 support). The only place D-zero outshines E10 is on soundstage width. If you need portability however, D-zero is still a really good choice at the sub-$150 bucket.

Sep 21, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #103 of 240
Quote:
I guess I am one of very few who have both D-zero and E10 right now. If you don't need portability, I'll recommend E10 over D-zero. E10 is cheaper (around $80 or so), the amp section is much more powerful and better textured, the DAC section is better (slightly more detail + 24/96 support). The only place D-zero outshines E10 is on soundstage width. If you need portability however, D-zero is still a really good choice at the sub-$150 bucket.

Thanks a lot for your recommendation. I've pre-ordered E10 on MP4 Nation as soon as it became available but was still in doubt if I'm right about my choice.

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #104 of 240

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your recommendation. I've pre-ordered E10 on MP4 Nation as soon as it became available but was still in doubt if I'm right about my choice.

Not sure if you've seen this already: http://www.headfonia.com/the-latest-must-have-the-fiio-e10-usb-dacamp/

Sep 22, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #105 of 240
oh my god, finally someone mentions the LEAR FSM-01, I saw it in Hong Kong but never got the chance to try it out. Can you give me a brief impression of the LEAR vs IBasso T3 ?

THANKS

Quote:
If you are not going to use the DAC section of both amp, I don't think you should limit your choice on just these two. I have put at least 24 hours on D-zero now and my original impression still stands - I find D-zero a bit on the bright side and just a tiny bit grainy / edgy on the top. Personally I won't pair D-zero with already bright headphone which might causes sibilance. Also, while the width of soundstage is excellent, the depth / layering is not quite as good. Overall I'll say D-zero is still better than E7, but for the same price range, there are other choices as well. E6 (which is better sounding than E7) is IMO roughly on par with D-zero on the amp section - not quite as wide on soundstage, but better on depth and more texture on the mid / low. E11, like E6, not quite as wide on soundstage, but better on depth and more texture on the mid / low, much better on layering. iBasso T3 / T3D is also good choice, roughly on par of E11 and better than D-zero. If you are willing spend up to $150, LEAR FSM-01 (found on eBay) is pretty much better than both T3D and E11, but it is also also a little edgy like D-zero and might not go quite as well with really bright headphone.

As I have said before, I think the real value on D-zero is on its DAC section. It is by far the best sounding [PCM270x + WM8740] combo I have heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back