iBasso balanced cables
Nov 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

HiFlight

Headphoneus Supremus
 iBasso has now introduced several new cables to interface with the Toucan balanced amplifier.  These are priced at not much more than the cost of a DIY project, and should make it really easy  for folks to "test the waters" of balanced headphone listening. 

They have developed 2 pre-made pigtail adapters; one matching the Hirose connector to dual 3-pin XLR female connectors and another one matching the Hirose connector to a single 4-pin female XLR.  If one already has balanced phones, these new accessories will make them compatible with the balanced Toucan.

For the Sennheiser crowd, they are also offering a stock HD-650 cable that is terminated in a Hirose balanced connector and will likely be offering the same cable terminated in a 4-pin male XLR for those individuals who already have an amp with a balanced 4-pin XLR output.  This cable will fit several different models of Sennheiser phones. 

The best part of these new accessories is that they make your existing Sennheiser phones truly "Plug and Play" for balanced listening, with no soldering or modification required to your phones or equipment. 

Further information can be found here:    http://tinyurl.com/23np52p

Nov 4, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #3 of 8
Great stuff from iBasso, as always. And really nice prices too. Sweet to be able to buy the whole kit from them and not have too buy the Senn cable from elsewhere. I think I'll jump on the balanced train now
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #6 of 8
I have a question for you guys. I'm planning on buying the PB2 to use with my custom iems (1964 Ears quads but I don't know what to do with the balanced cable option. Is there an adaptor that receives a single ended iem cable and connects to PB2's balanced entry or do I have to get a completely new cable terminated for PB2 specifically? If it's the second option, do you guys have any recommendations that won't empty my wallet? 

Thanks a lot 

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
I have a question for you guys. I'm planning on buying the PB2 to use with my custom iems (1964 Ears quads but I don't know what to do with the balanced cable option. Is there an adaptor that receives a single ended iem cable and connects to PB2's balanced entry or do I have to get a completely new cable terminated for PB2 specifically? If it's the second option, do you guys have any recommendations that won't empty my wallet? 

Thanks a lot 

Just have a DIY'r reterm a cable for you...

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:

Just have a DIY'r reterm a cable for you...

Thanks, but is that the only option? Plus I don't know any DIY'ers around here that can do that for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back