IBasso Audio IT03
Feb 15, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #3,136 of 3,344
Anyone know of ibasso will repair the IT03 out of warranty? And if so how much have people paid? My left earpiece has just died which is unfortunate as they've been well looked after and already been sent back in once for a channel imbalance issue. I've had them 16 months approx.
Not a problem. Per my email we are closed for about 1.5 weeks more but I will make sure you are taken care of.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 20, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #3,138 of 3,344
I just wanted to give credit where it is due for ibasso's customer service. My IT03s suffered the same fate as SomeGuyDude's on page 207 of this thread (the cable connector loosened and fell into the shell of the IEM). I reached out to customer service, and shipped my pair back to the factory. Somewhere between the U.S. and China, my IT03s went missing. Despite this, ibasso still honored the warranty. Even though they never received my IEMs to confirm that: 1) I owned a pair; and 2) they were broken, ibasso shipped me a brand new pair express. I had the new pair 48-72 hours after providing my shipping information.

Great Service!!!

Feb 20, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #3,139 of 3,344
Did anyone get to CanJam to hear the 04s?

Feb 20, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #3,140 of 3,344
Did anyone get to CanJam to hear the 04s?

Yep, heard it at the show on Saturday. In my opinion, it takes IT03 to the next, more mature refined level. I can't analyze it in details yet, only had a short auditioning for now, but in general IT04 has a more coherent balanced tuning, very smooth transitioning from lows to mids and highs (not as v-shaped as IT03). For example, in IT03 I can clearly hear a dynamic and BA drivers, while I heard IT04 tuned with 4 drivers in a perfect harmony like it was a single driver. The sound was expanded, transparent, detailed, bass and treble extension was impressive, and I thought overall tonality was more on a natural/smoother side, though don't quote me on tonality yet. But I definitely heard it smoother than IT03. So, overall I feel like it's a more mature flagship tuning. I have a picture on my laptop at home, will post it later, but the shell had a more universal-custom shape like IT03, rather than IT01.

Feb 20, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #3,141 of 3,344
Yep, heard it at the show on Saturday. In my opinion, it takes IT03 to the next, more mature refined level. I can't analyze it in details yet, only had a short auditioning for now, but in general IT04 has a more coherent balanced tuning, very smooth transitioning from lows to mids and highs (not as v-shaped as IT03). For example, in IT03 I can clearly hear a dynamic and BA drivers, while I heard IT04 tuned with 4 drivers in a perfect harmony like it was a single driver. The sound was expanded, transparent, detailed, bass and treble extension was impressive, and I thought overall tonality was more on a natural/smoother side, though don't quote me on tonality yet. But I definitely heard it smoother than IT03. So, overall I feel like it's a more mature flagship tuning. I have a picture on my laptop at home, will post it later, but the shell had a more universal-custom shape like IT03, rather than IT01.

when they will send you the unit for review?

Feb 20, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #3,142 of 3,344

@twister6 :
Thanks for the impressions.

Did they look like a finished product, or do you think they're still tweaking the shell? Look forward to pictures.

As always, you are the IEMan!

when they will send you the unit for review?

More importantly, when will they be available for purchase? :)

Feb 20, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #3,143 of 3,344
How much of an upgrade are the IT03s over the IT01s?

I own the 01s and love pretty much everything about them but I have always been curious about the hybrid driver IEMs and I am just wondering if it's worth spending the extra money to buy the 03s. I listen to all genres of music, but if the sound signature is basically the same on both sets then I might just stick with the 01s.

I've read this thread and the other dedicated thread to the 01s but still can't find a clear cut answer whether or not these two are different enough to own both. Any input would be appreciated!

Feb 20, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #3,144 of 3,344

I own the 01s and love pretty much everything about them but I have always been curious about the hybrid driver IEMs and I am just wondering if it's worth spending the extra money to buy the 03s. I listen to all genres of music, but if the sound signature is basically the same on both sets then I might just stick with the 01s.

I've read this thread and the other dedicated thread to the 01s but still can't find a clear cut answer whether or not these two are different enough to own both. Any input would be appreciated!

@twister6 has a review of the IT-01 with comparison to the IT-03 here

Comparisons on the second page.

Feb 20, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #3,145 of 3,344
@twister6 :
Thanks for the impressions.

Did they look like a finished product, or do you think they're still tweaking the shell? Look forward to pictures.

As always, you are the IEMan!

IT04:

ibasso-04.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't see a new stock cable or the final packaging, this was John's (jamato8) Whiplash modular cable.

I assume the review samples will be available some time after the Lunar New Year celebration.

and you guys heard about DX150, right? :wink:

Feb 20, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #3,146 of 3,344

I own both and in my opinion there’s no point in spending the extra on the 03s. The 01’s, depending on your taste and preference, are an astonishing IEM for the price. Great fit, great cable, full on rich sound with decent soundstage and imaging...visceral bass with little if any bleed. And enough detail to make it a really engaging listen.
The 03’s are not dissimilar - but don’t quite have the addictive bass hit. That might be preferable for some but I don’t detect any more detail as such. Which is better? Hard to say. At the moment I’m loving the 01.
If it were me, I would wait for the 04 by the sound of it.

Feb 20, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #3,147 of 3,344
IT04:

Unfortunately, I didn't see a new stock cable or the final packaging, this was John's (jamato8) Whiplash modular cable.

I assume the review samples will be available some time after the Lunar New Year celebration.

and you guys heard about DX150, right? :wink:
DX150 :astonished: IT04, this thread could become as costly as the IEM/Earbud lounge thread:L3000:
Like the sound of the DX150, I’ll be keeping an eye open for its release

Feb 20, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #3,148 of 3,344
Feb 20, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #3,149 of 3,344
I haven't sent in my IT03 yet and I'm very sad because I'm listening to the Pinnacle P1 and it's just... not the same.

Feb 20, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #3,150 of 3,344
I haven't sent in my IT03 yet and I'm very sad because I'm listening to the Pinnacle P1 and it's just... not the same.

The p1 are just alright. The upper highs are nice (and nicely defined). The it03 have a more consistent (and better) resolution overall, aside bass quality which lacked texture ime.

Hopefully the it04 improves everything. Any frequency graphs so far?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back