IBasso Audio IT03
Aug 20, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #2,776 of 3,344
Well i currently am in a dilemma hopefully one of you folks can help me with. When my IT03s came in the mail i immediately plugged them into my htc one m9 and music only played through the left side! After that i tested the iems on various other sources so they seem to working fine so i began to think that the issue is with the m9. However, i tested several other headphones with the m9 and they all played alright. It makes no sense. What do you guys think?

My M9 has the exact same issue with my Campfire Novas and 64 Audio U4-SE. Non-stock cables, too; various MMXC cables with the Novas and Linum Bax with the U4-SE. Crucially - one of the MMXC cables came from an Aurisonics Harmony, which worked fine with the M9 (until one side died), and I bought the Linum Bax for a Lear AEd1 which also works fine with the M9.
Both IEMs have no issues with other sources; Shanling M1, Mojo, DX200, and my new LG G6 (this issue was definitely a factor in upgrading). No other IEMs (too many) have ever had the same behavior with the M9.

Hopefully your new cable will help. If not, or in the meantime, if you can manage to get the right channel working it should stay on until no sound is played for ~20 seconds (amp fully turns off).
I found a few ways to make this happen. The first, was playing music/sound through the IEM with only the left earpiece connected for a minute or two. The next, was fiddling with the exact seating of the jack - sometimes trying to hold it just before it 'clicks' in, other times just rapidly unplugging and rotating and replugging - the former seems less likely to work, the latter obviously less healthy for the jack. Either way could take a while. The last was rolling the plug in my fingers before inserting, although this only seems to work with the U4-SE, and why the hell that is I have no idea.

Aug 22, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #2,780 of 3,344
Well I think there was a fault with my m9 jack so I decided to make my htc desire 510 my listening device and let me say that coming from having the er4s as my main phone the bass of the it03 is a dream come true. From what I recall it is comparative to the er4 when it comes to detail also. Its a no brainer purchase. This is also coming from the 510 which isn't exactly the best source lol. Does anybody know of a good way to clean the metal mesh of the it03? I think wax is starting to muffle the left side a bit.

Aug 26, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #2,781 of 3,344
Well I think there was a fault with my m9 jack so I decided to make my htc desire 510 my listening device and let me say that coming from having the er4s as my main phone the bass of the it03 is a dream come true. From what I recall it is comparative to the er4 when it comes to detail also. Its a no brainer purchase. This is also coming from the 510 which isn't exactly the best source lol. Does anybody know of a good way to clean the metal mesh of the it03? I think wax is starting to muffle the left side a bit.
Please use a soft brush to clean the screens. Lightly brush across the screen so that you don't push any material past the screen. A soft tooth brush can work but if you use someone's tooth brush that isn't yours be sure to let them know. Or not. :relaxed:

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 29, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #2,783 of 3,344
guys i'm planning to buy venture electronics mmcx cable from massdrop. i'm not sure but i heard it03 can have problems with cables other than the original. any opinions?
I haven't had any problems with different cables but I would buy the CB13 from iBasso. A very good cable that pairs very well and brings out just about everything from the music.

Aug 29, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #2,785 of 3,344
I haven't had any problems with different cables but I would buy the CB13 from iBasso. A very good cable that pairs very well and brings out just about everything from the music.

I cant justify owning the cb13 for the it03 when the cable alone is almost the same price at the earphones.

Hence using the cb12.

Aug 29, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #2,786 of 3,344
guys i'm planning to buy venture electronics mmcx cable from massdrop. i'm not sure but i heard it03 can have problems with cables other than the original. any opinions?

I have no heard about this. But i use multiple cables with no issue.

Aug 29, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #2,787 of 3,344
I cant justify owning the cb13 for the it03 when the cable alone is almost the same price at the earphones.

Hence using the cb12.
I have the CB12 and 13, the 12 is hooked up to my 03s and the 13 to the Andromedas and I have to say the 03s sound fantastic. I don't feel the need to put the CB13 on them, I'm very happy the way they are now.

Aug 29, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #2,788 of 3,344
Since we are on a topic of iBasso 8-core hybrid cables, for anybody interested I did a detailed write-up/comparison between CB12/CB13 here.

I know the question of price comes up every time people compare CB12 vs CB13, but you have to keep in mind that even though they have pure copper conductors, in addition, CB12 uses silver-copper alloy wires while CB13 uses a higher gauge pure silver wires. That's where the difference in price comes from, more premium material. Regarding if you think you will be getting double the performance for double the price, it's very subjective and not realistic, just like everything else when it falls under diminishing return principle. But in this hobby people pay premium to squeeze every ounce of performance, get additional 10%-15% improvement even at double or triple the price. I know, many people prefer IT03 with CB12, and the synergy is great. Personally, I have IT03 now with CB13, and it scales up in sound.

And btw, I received the updated version of CB13 where iBasso is now making sure the mmcx connectors have plenty of clearance to work with every universal mmcx shell. Tested it with all my IEMs, and the connection is secure and snappy.

Aug 29, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #2,789 of 3,344
Since we are on a topic of iBasso 8-core hybrid cables, for anybody interested I did a detailed write-up/comparison between CB12/CB13 here.

I know the question of price comes up every time people compare CB12 vs CB13, but you have to keep in mind that even though they have pure copper conductors, in addition, CB12 uses silver-copper alloy wires while CB13 uses a higher gauge pure silver wires. That's where the difference in price comes from, more premium material. Regarding if you think you will be getting double the performance for double the price, it's very subjective and not realistic, just like everything else when it falls under diminishing return principle. But in this hobby people pay premium to squeeze every ounce of performance, get additional 10%-15% improvement even at double or triple the price. I know, many people prefer IT03 with CB12, and the synergy is great. Personally, I have IT03 now with CB13, and it scales up in sound.

And btw, I received the updated version of CB13 where iBasso is now making sure the mmcx connectors have plenty of clearance to work with every universal mmcx shell. Tested it with all my IEMs, and the connection is secure and snappy.

great read as always!

i should be getting the cb12 as i would be delighted to try them out with the fiio demo review for the Q1MKII, and get some westome am and w to the test in-store. ill keep my hopes high.

Aug 29, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #2,790 of 3,344
Thats good news that it now has a universal fit for mmcx iems. CB13 looks like a quality cable especially in price compared to similar offerings.

I have the CB12 and 13, the 12 is hooked up to my 03s and the 13 to the Andromedas and I have to say the 03s sound fantastic. I don't feel the need to put the CB13 on them, I'm very happy the way they are now.

Yeah thats completely fair, I was more answering the question above with i feel owning only a it03 and getting the cb13 doesn't make sense to me when the cable is almost the same price as the iem. But hey if someone wants to spend the money go for it. (I'd rather just get a better iem)

In the overall scheme of things cb13 is quite well priced like i mentioned above.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back