IBasso Audio IT03
Apr 13, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #2,386 of 3,344
Hi, Steve
I got the cable and downloaded USB Audio PP, it's pretty awesome on some tracks but I get distortion usually in the first 2 or 3 seconds and again at the end of a track, is this a known problem?
I can't get SPOTIFY to play through the Dragonfly, is there something in settings that I'm missing?

Not sure how many beers I owe you by now but if you are ever passing Chippenham, I live about 2 miles from M4...

Cheers Al :)

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #2,387 of 3,344
Hi, Steve
I got the cable and downloaded USB Audio PP, it's pretty awesome on some tracks but I get distortion usually in the first 2 or 3 seconds and again at the end of a track, is this a known problem?
I can't get SPOTIFY to play through the Dragonfly, is there something in settings that I'm missing?

Not sure how many beers I owe you by now but if you are ever passing Chippenham, I live about 2 miles from M4...

Cheers Al :)

Why not take this to PM?

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #2,389 of 3,344
Sorry but being an old block I haven't managed to find how to PM on this site, sorry!

No worries! I was just suggesting. Highlight your avatar on top right corner until you get a drop down menu. Select "Private Messages" and go from there. Otherwise, hover over the username of the person you want to message and a drop down menu will appear and you can select private message, otherwise click the username of the person and in their profile select private message.

Hope that helps!

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #2,391 of 3,344
What daps would you guys recommend me to synergise with iBasso it03? Budget roughly below $300 but willing to go above if it's worth it. Looking for neutral or warm sound, preferably not enhancing treble.

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #2,398 of 3,344

What daps would you guys recommend me to synergise with iBasso it03? Budget roughly below $300 but willing to go above if it's worth it. Looking for neutral or warm sound, preferably not enhancing treble.

AUNE M1s, Opus#1.

@hcin: I also enjoyed the IT03 with the DX80 (same family), even so much that I almost regret selling that dap recently.

I'm also very curious about the Opus #1 myself. @pr0b3r: IT03 + Opus #1 = good synergy?

Btw, anyone out there who has tried (maybe also balanced) both Opus#1 and FiiO X5iii?
If so, which dap had better synergy with IT03?

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #2,399 of 3,344

@hcin: I also enjoyed the IT03 with the DX80 (same family), even so much that I almost regret selling that dap recently.

I'm also very curious about the Opus #1 myself. @pr0b3r: IT03 + Opus #1 = good synergy?

Although I don't hate colored signatures on gears, I always prefer those that are close to neutral ones.  Like the IT03 for example, though there are varying subjective opinions on its sig, the way I hear it is that they're not much north or south of neutral.  The bass might overwhelm some, but after burning them in and listening to a lot of tracks, you'll realize that there's just almost the right amount of bass that natural recordings are giving.  Again, of course, just my own opinion.  The Opus#1 synergizes well since it also doesn't colorize the sound that much (though has a bit more quantity in the lows compared to my AUNE M1s), rather it gives more clarity compare to other DAPs I own (Cayin i5, xDuoo X10, AUNE M1s).  The #1 still stays close to neutral, gives plenty of details, and with the recent FW update, I'm starting to notice some additional sparkle in the treble, (good for me because I don't prefer an overly smooth one).  By the way, I have been using this DAP through balanced out with my IT03 since I find that it's a significant upgrade over the single-ended out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back