IBasso Audio IT03
Nov 23, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #1,216 of 3,344

I tried to do the same last night just to test it. I was moving the earpiece while plugged to my ear, budge it here and there. No lost signal or any other problems. Though I would say, the new cables were a tight fit to the IT03. First time I put it and then removed, the right sleeve of the connector almost came off. Just need to be careful when removing.

I should mention too that this cable is very supple, way softer than the ALO SPC litz that came with my CA Nova. All connectors and plugs, even the y-split are metal. Only con there was that there's no slider.

Can you compare the sq of IT03 with ur CA Nova? considering the price difference, does the nova an upgrade in terms of sound quality and overall sound peformance? 

Nov 23, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #1,218 of 3,344
  Can you compare the sq of IT03 with ur CA Nova? considering the price difference, does the nova an upgrade in terms of sound quality and overall sound peformance? 

These are based on my own preference.

Bass: IT03 > Nova
I just love the bass quality coming from the dynamic driver of the IT03, though the Nova also gives a clean approach and more balanced bass. The IT03 sometimes give me goosebumps with the deep subbass when a song calls for it.

Mids: IT03 > Nova
Though the Nova sometimes give more intimate vocals, generally it often does feel behind due to the smooth treble, feeling a bit darker in signature.

Treble: IT03 > Nova
Definitely, this one goes to the IT03 easily. Nova's treble is smoothed out which makes it difficult to hear the sparkle I've been wanting to hear like the Andromeda. And the IT03 is going closer to that, specially after finding the right cable. Still not quite enough but it's almost there.

To be fair to the Nova, the sound coming from these got accustomed to me that I enjoyed listening to them for longer hours. The balanced tuning of the bass is excellent if you're not a basshead. I can't comment about the question about it being an upgrade to IT03 because they sound completely different to me. Maybe some people will like the Nova and some the IT03.

Nov 23, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #1,220 of 3,344
One more victim of hardcore tip swapping metallic mesh fall off.

Please Ibasso check the glue used in the mesh.
Good thing i didnt loose it, but now how do i glue it back?
I dont want to use superglue.

Any advice?

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #1,221 of 3,344
  One more victim of hardcore tip swapping metallic mesh fall off.

Please Ibasso check the glue used in the mesh.
Good thing i didnt loose it, but now how do i glue it back?
I dont want to use superglue.

Any advice?

I used those UHU stick to glued the mesh.
Apply a little to the side of the of the bore and use little force to ensure it is stick correctly.
Now is all good and it won't dropped off from the bore.

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #1,222 of 3,344
  Are the IT03, a problem with smaller ears? I have problems with the design of the E70, Shure IEM's, Westone W30. Good in my ears was the Audiofly AF160.
But the sound was only moderately. I fear the iBasso IEM is too bulky for my ears

It might too bulky for you if you have small ears. But trust me, if you get it and you can get the ear tips to seal properly for you, the sound you get is worth every penny. I have ear pain wearing it from time to time, mostly at the place where there is a ledge and it hooks to the inner part of your ear to get a good fit. By then I'll change to a more casual earphone to wear then swap back to the IT03 again. But if want your work done with minimal to no distractions, the IT03 does a fantastic job at it.

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #1,223 of 3,344
  I had thick, rich sounding IEMs... Good all-rounders but not great for EDM. Now if someone could also compare these to Sony XBA-N3AP... 
smile.gif

I had the opportunity to test them out both at my local store. The IT03 has a wider soundstage compared to the N3AP, and has deeper bass. The trebles are more sparkly on the IT03, but may sound harsh for some users. Fit is a hit or miss, I sometimes feel pain when wearing them, but the sound quality and noise isolation they provide is worth it. I don't really know how to describe sound, so don't base your decision on my post. Do go to a store and give them a listen, as your preference may change depending on fit, sound and etc :)

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #1,224 of 3,344
For those who are looking for a cheaper alternative on upgrade cables, you might want to check this out.

Immediately noticeable improvements, at least for my ears, were the added bass slam, enhanced sparkle up top, and a bit wider soundstage. All these making the IT03 sound closer to the Andromeda. YMMV of course. These are avaiilable from Penon Audio for just $35. I didn't expect the significant improvements for this price.

Product link: JiangHai 8-core MMCX cable

I'm very interested! Does the cable mysterious coil itself like the iBasso ones?

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #1,225 of 3,344
  I'm very interested! Does the cable mysterious coil itself like the iBasso ones?

What do you mean mysterious coil? You mean tangle or the braids getting deformed if not properly kept? If this was your question, the answer is no. I've kept them in different manners and they still roll well into the appropriate state.

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #1,226 of 3,344

Unfortunately, this color had been sold out from Penon since yesterday. Only the white color is available. New ones will be sold but with another type of sleeve which according to Penon isn't as supple as the previous ones like mine.

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #1,229 of 3,344

you are right
this cable is legit @pr0b3r

Congrats! Got a good upgrade for a cheaper price. ^_^

I guess we do hear things differently
wink.gif
 or maybe there is some variation between cables.

I have this cable as well, it came together with another pair of iems from the same manufacturer.  I have probably close to 200hrs on IT03 (together with its original cable) and probably over 50hrs on this 8-braid cable above.  I just had a short listening session using this cable with IT03, and don't hear any improvement at all.  It does look cool with 8 braids, that's for sure, but I'm not hearing any improvement in either sound or soundstage.  As a matter of fact, I hear that it took a slight edge of IT03 airiness.  I mean, considering how cheap this cable is, it makes a nice backup replacement and some might prefer the look of braided wires.  So, you can consider it an upgrade in looks, but not performance to my ears (subjective opinion, of course).  Doesn't mean other won't hear it differently or perhaps there is some variation between cables (that's quite possible as well).  One concern I do have, the mmcx connector in this cable is VERY tight, to the point where I was afraid I'm going to damage IT03 when I had to apply the force to disconnect it.

Nov 24, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #1,230 of 3,344
  For those of you who ordered these with registered airmail shipping with Penon Audio, roughly how long did it take for them to arrive in the US?

I ordered mine with express shipping (15 USD extra) on 11/10/16 and received it on 11/17/16.  They said they would email me when it shipped, but they didn't. 
It just arrived on the 17th from via DHL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back