IBasso Audio IT03
Oct 12, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #781 of 3,344

I haven't heard any distortion, even when burning in. Is it on all types of music? I take it back, I did hear some but then when I used other IEM's, it was there, just not as apparent as the IT03 was resolving it more. But if a problem with the IT03, I am sure iBasso will fix the issue. 

You're right. It's just some poorly recorded track while I was shuffling through the library. I don't hear it on my usual audition playlist which I'm very familiar with so I'm positive that it's not the iems.

I think I've burnt it in about 30 hours now. So far I feel that there's less distortion on the same tracks. I also feel that the mids are much more forward as others have reported.

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #787 of 3,344

Same. I really need this cable to pair with Opus. 

We will have it on our site very soon. The cable like our single ended cable is custom.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 14, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #788 of 3,344
spent about ~5 hrs with the it03 so far and im quite underwhelmed. there is something disconnected/incoherent about the sound, overall presentation/layering feels off to me. the sound signature does not hold my attention. i think my fit is ok, they're relatively comfortable and i tried a few tips. so far i feel these should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as the andromeda. i think it barely competes w/ similarly priced fx850 and P1 in tone and coherency. just my two cents, not really a burn-in believer so take this for what's its worth i guess.

Oct 14, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #789 of 3,344
spent about ~5 hrs with the it03 so far and im quite underwhelmed. there is something disconnected/incoherent about the sound, overall presentation/layering feels off to me. the sound signature does not hold my attention. i think my fit is ok, they're relatively comfortable and i tried a few tips. so far i feel these should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as the andromeda. i think it barely competes w/ similarly priced fx850 and P1 in tone and coherency. just my two cents, not really a burn-in believer so take this for what's its worth i guess.

Where did you purchase yours from?

Oct 14, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #790 of 3,344
Where did you purchase yours from?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-iBasso-Audio-IT03-Balanced-Armature-Dynamic-Driver-Universal-IEM-DHL-/162211595346

i almost feel like i got a defective pair, who knows. it came surprisingly fast though so that was nice, 3 days from hk to california

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #791 of 3,344
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-iBasso-Audio-IT03-Balanced-Armature-Dynamic-Driver-Universal-IEM-DHL-/162211595346

i almost feel like i got a defective pair, who knows. it came surprisingly fast though so that was nice, 3 days from hk to california

That's where i ordered mine from. Sent the payment via paypal on the 11th and he still hasn't shipped yet because he's waiting for his 'warehouse colleague to check it', then i received another email saying that his colleague told him that he will 'answer him tomorrow'.

I'm actually considering whether this is a blessing in disguise and if i should just request a refund before he ships the item. There seems to be a lot of disparity in impressions from people who have purchased from ebay (recent pages) in comparison to those who purchased from iBasso directly or a reputable retailer...... Particularly with respect to coherence, sound cut-off and cables...

P.S. My only interest in these stems from the fact that they have been reported to compete with CFA Andromeda, which you've refuted and it worries me because we both would be ordering from the same source.

Oct 14, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #793 of 3,344
I found IT03 is a bit superior than FLC8s in terms of separation and details. The detail on IT03 is more pronounced to my ears, FLC8s sounds smoother. Just my 2cents.

Cant wait to see your english review :)

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #794 of 3,344
  Anyone compared those to the Earsonics Velvet or Unique Melody Merlin?

I have been using UM Merlin for two years, with some months interrupt with Etymotic ER4P (had to send Merlin for repairing). But I have a universal, demo version of Merlin with custom tips, so it differs a bit from custom Merlin. Also, my Merlin is equipped with custom made thick silver/copper alloy (70/30) cable, made from military grade RF cables.

For past 4 days I'm listening IT03. I started listening IT03 after around 110 hours of burning in with white noise, so now they are close to the 150 hours recommended boundary.

So... you need a comparison, do you? It's hard for me to review or compare headphones (and DAPs etc) even in my native language (Russian). But - hey! - I do listen IT03 for 4 days already, more than 10 hours per day, with up to 6 hours of uninterrupted listening every day! Sure it means I have no desire to throw them and return to my lovely Merlin
biggrin.gif

Note, that I don't have to choose from: they both are mine, with neither a reason nor an intention to give them away. I was surprised with IT03 quality, and am just trying to evaluate the new toy.

Seriously, it is really hard, that's why I'm still listening IT03, and sometimes Merlin, to compare. They are clearly different. In average, Merlin is better, but there are tracks that I like more with IT03.

Of course, the custom fit provides better isolation, but it really matters for me only in an underground train. IT03 sound faster than Merlin, but with harsh trebles on some recordings. But, right out of the box, the high frequencies were much worse than now, so I'm not sure things couldn't be better in some days. On complicated recordings, like orchestral compositions, IT03 sound simplified, Merlin provides more powerful sound.

Probably later I'll write more... Well, considering that I'm speaking about IEMs for $250 vs $850, IT03 are worth at least trying!

SACD
  1. Rainbow "Rising"
  2. Art Pepper "Meets The Rhythm Section"
  3. Miles Davis "E.S.P."
  4. The Doors "The Best Of"
  5. Brian Ferry "Boys and Girls"
  6. Dire Straits "Making Movies"
  7. Enigma "MCMXC a.D."
  8. Renaissance "Scheherazade and Other Stories"
Hi-Res
  1. Blue Oyster Cult  "Blue Oyster Cult", "Cultosaurus Erectus"
  2. Kiss "Destroyer", "Lick It Up"
  3. Iron Maiden "Rock in Rio (Live)"
Vinyl
  1. A-ha "Stay On These Roads"
  2. Gazebo "Telephone Mama"
  3. Matia Bazar "..Berlino..Paris..Londra"
  4. ELO "Time"
  5. Chris Rea "Chris Rea"
  6. Eurythmics "Touch Dance"
  7. Queen "Jazz", "Flash Gordon"
  8. The The "Infected"

Oct 14, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #795 of 3,344
I have been using UM Merlin for two years, with some months interrupt with Etymotic ER4P (had to send Merlin for repairing). But I have a universal, demo version of Merlin with custom tips, so it differs a bit from custom Merlin. Also, my Merlin is equipped with custom made thick silver/copper alloy (70/30) cable, made from military grade RF cables.

For past 4 days I'm listening IT03. I started listening IT03 after around 110 hours of burning in with white noise, so now they are close to the 150 hours recommended boundary.

So... you need a comparison, do you? It's hard for me to review or compare headphones (and DAPs etc) even in my native language (Russian). But - hey! - I do listen IT03 for 4 days already, more than 10 hours per day, with up to 6 hours of uninterrupted listening every day! Sure it means I have no desire to throw them and return to my lovely Merlin :D

Note, that I don't have to choose from: they both are mine, with neither a reason nor an intention to give them away. I was surprised with IT03 quality, and am just trying to evaluate the new toy.

Seriously, it is really hard, that's why I'm still listening IT03, and sometimes Merlin, to compare. They are clearly different. In average, Merlin is better, but there are tracks that I like more with IT03.

Of course, the custom fit provides better isolation, but it really matters for me only in an underground train. IT03 sound faster than Merlin, but with harsh trebles on some recordings. But, right out of the box, the high frequencies were much worse than now, so I'm not sure things couldn't be better in some days. On complicated recordings, like orchestral compositions, IT03 sound simplified, Merlin provides more powerful sound.

Probably later I'll write more... Well, considering that I'm speaking about IEMs for $250 vs $850, IT03 are worth at least trying!

SACD
  • Rainbow "Rising"
  • Art Pepper "Meets The Rhythm Section"
  • Miles Davis "E.S.P."
  • The Doors "The Best Of"
  • Brian Ferry "Boys and Girls"
  • Dire Straits "Making Movies"
  • Enigma "MCMXC a.D."
  • Renaissance "Scheherazade and Other Stories"
Hi-Res
  • Blue Oyster Cult  "Blue Oyster Cult", "Cultosaurus Erectus"
  • Kiss "Destroyer", "Lick It Up"
  • Iron Maiden "Rock in Rio (Live)"
Vinyl
  • A-ha "Stay On These Roads"
  • Gazebo "Telephone Mama"
  • Matia Bazar "..Berlino..Paris..Londra"
  • ELO "Time"
  • Chris Rea "Chris Rea"
  • Eurythmics "Touch Dance"
  • Queen "Jazz", "Flash Gordon"
  • The The "Infected"
I was at that Iron Maiden concert in Brasil (Rock In Rio).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back