IBasso Audio IT03
Oct 14, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #797 of 3,344

Really love the black color!

All this talk about rock(ing) in combination with the above (beautiful) IT03 pic, immediately took me back to....

Btw, my IT03 is still burning in (approaching 100 hrs)

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #798 of 3,344
  just spotted a new review of the IT03 at: 

http://headfonics.com/2016/10/the-it03-by-ibasso/

This reviewer nailed it, nicely articulating some of the reservations I had listening unbalanced (the only way I heard them). However, the fact that he apparently hears things very similarly to the way I do has me wanting to try the IT03 again with a balanced setup at some point, since the fit, bass, and detail are all great.

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #799 of 3,344
Remember to try different tips and also to adjust the distance that the tip is pushed onto the nozzle of the IT03. This can impact the sound greatly and you can then customize the sound to what you want. This can work much better than EQ and keeps the sound clean. You can make the sound warmer, more or less open, a larger or smaller soundstage and you can increase or decrease the bass with the use of the different tips and the adjustment of them.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 14, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #800 of 3,344
  spent about ~5 hrs with the it03 so far and im quite underwhelmed. there is something disconnected/incoherent about the sound, overall presentation/layering feels off to me. the sound signature does not hold my attention. i think my fit is ok, they're relatively comfortable and i tried a few tips. so far i feel these should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as the andromeda. i think it barely competes w/ similarly priced fx850 and P1 in tone and coherency. just my two cents, not really a burn-in believer so take this for what's its worth i guess.

Are these new or with the recommended 150 hours of burn in?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 14, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #802 of 3,344
I got a pair of Focal Utopia not long ago, they require burning in, per Focal, the HE1000V2, also and on and on. I don't think anyone burns in their products. They test them but burning in, part of the natural process of something new. They don't break in cars and my Toyota's engine wasn't done until I hit around 25,000 miles. 

Oct 14, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #804 of 3,344
Furthermore, considering the demand for IT03 (first batch was sold out pretty quickly everywhere), burn in will introduce almost a week of production delay and will require additional manufacturing expenses of DAP resources and manpower required to run the burn in.

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #805 of 3,344
I was at that Iron Maiden concert in Brasil (Rock In Rio).

I'm so jelly. I've seen Maiden once - back on the Somewhere in Time tour. It was incredible experience! Up the Irons \m/ \m/

somewhere-in-time-cover-art.jpg

BTW: My IT03 are almost done burning in, so I'll start the real evaluation soon...

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #806 of 3,344
I'm so jelly. I've seen Maiden once - back on the Somewhere in Time tour. It was incredible experience! Up the Irons \m/ \m/

somewhere-in-time-cover-art.jpg

BTW: My IT03 are almost done burning in, so I'll start the real evaluation soon...
it was 1985 , 10 days of live shows with over 400,000 people each day. Concert start at 10:00 AM til 3:00 AM. Price for 10 days of live shows was $40 USD. Bands : Ozzy, White Snake, Def Lepp, Yes,Queen, ACDC , Rod Stewart, Iron Maiden, Scorpions,B52s, GOGOS, and many more.

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #807 of 3,344
it was 1985 , 10 days of live shows with over 400,000 people each day. Concert start at 10:00 AM til 3:00 AM. Price for 10 days of live shows was $40 USD. Bands : Ozzy, White Snake, Def Lepp, Yes,Queen, ACDC , Rod Stewart, Iron Maiden, Scorpions,B52s, GOGOS, and many more.

Oh man, that reminds me that I once saw Tesla + Whitesnake concert that I attended in high school back in the day. There was a young woman sitting in front of me who obviously caught Rudy Sarzo's eye. Rudy started playing his bass for her - gyrating and staring at her intensely. Then, and I kid you not, he stopped playing and, still staring at her, started running his tongue up and down the neck of his bass guitar. All the while, the bass line kept on playing even though he obviously wasn't playing at all. My friends and I were grossed out at the lewd behavior and pissed off that the dude wasn't even playing.

Maiden, though. Damn does Bruce put on a show!!! I wish I'd seen him solo when he was touring for Chemical Wedding. Now that's awesome album that out-Maidens Maiden \m/ \m/

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #808 of 3,344
Oh man, that reminds me that I once saw Tesla + Whitesnake concert that I attended in high school back in the day. There was a young woman sitting in front of me who obviously caught Rudy Sarzo's eye. Rudy started playing his bass for her - gyrating and staring at her intensely. Then, and I kid you not, he stopped playing and, still staring at her, started running his tongue up and down the neck of his bass guitar. All the while, the bass line kept on playing even though he obviously wasn't playing at all. My friends and I were grossed out at the lewd behavior and pissed off that the dude wasn't even playing.

Maiden, though. Damn does Bruce put on a show!!! I wish I'd seen him solo when he was touring for Chemical Wedding. Now that's awesome album that out-Maidens Maiden \m/ \m/
good tines and many of the live shows sounded good. A few sounded bad so best to get really drunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back