IBasso Audio IT03
Oct 4, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #588 of 3,344
I just had an email from them stating that they are waiting for more inventory. They were happy to reimburse me in full or I could wait and they would send a gift to compensate. Oooooh, a freebie, I'm happy to wait.
These really are the proverbial hot cakes.

My guess is that they will give you...

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #591 of 3,344
I retested these big iBasso babies one last time before leaving Singapore (sniff, bye bye audio testing realm).
They still impressed me with their rich laid back signature. Bass lovers rejoice, you'll get plenty without bloating the rest of the spectrum.
I considered buying them given their excellent price, but they wouldn't get enough quality time vs T8ie/Angies.

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #593 of 3,344
Sucks to be me.

Seems like my IT03 suffered a channel imbalance.(I wished I could fix this)

Called the Singapore distributor this morning and was advised there are no stocks for RMA till almost November! This sucks :frowning2:

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #594 of 3,344

Thanks for the review twister. If it's not too much trouble can you please comment on the output from the Westone bluetooth MMCX cable (specifically hiss levels)? Do you also happen to have the LEAR bluetooth cable as well?

Want to make sure @rawrster is also tagged in this reply since he had the same question 
biggrin.gif

Just tested IT03 with Westone BT cable and i5, and it sounds very good.  Nearly the same sound signature driving it from i5 vs Bluetooth wireless connection.  There is a little bit of hissing, but it's faint.  The most important thing, bass quality didn't degrade in wireless.

Sorry, don't have LEAR bt cable.

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #597 of 3,344
How's this compared to Fender FXA5? I love everything on FXA5 but I really wished it has more bass quantity.
FXA6

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #598 of 3,344

Want to make sure @rawrster is also tagged in this reply since he had the same question 
biggrin.gif

Just tested IT03 with Westone BT cable and i5, and it sounds very good.  Nearly the same sound signature driving it from i5 vs Bluetooth wireless connection.  There is a little bit of hissing, but it's faint.  The most important thing, bass quality didn't degrade in wireless.

Sorry, don't have LEAR bt cable.

Thank you for the update. It looks like the earphone is out of stock at penon however they should hopefully be stocked in the USA dealers in the next few weeks. The cable looks promising as well since a bluetooth solution with a good sounding earphone would be perfect for me. Now if I could stomach that $150 price..

Oct 5, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #600 of 3,344
So I might be the first one here that can't stand the fit of IT03. This custom-like shape makes me feel something between discomfort and pain. Also memory wires does not work properly for me, they make earphones move inside my concha while turning head and opening my mouth. I tried a bunch of eartips and I'm having a good seal.  Altough i really like how they sound, I'm going to let them go. Too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back