IBasso Audio IT03
Sep 29, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #407 of 3,344
You got a real sweet spot for Triple Hybrids, huh?

I like (or have become accustomed) to the sound of highly strung balanced armatures, that can sing so good ze clarity melts in your ears. But they can't do da bass... So we add a dynamic driver to handle the lows while the BA can be left to focus on the frequencys they excel. :D

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #408 of 3,344
I like (or have become accustomed) to the sound of highly strung balanced armatures, that can sing so good ze clarity melts in your ears. But they can't do da bass... So we add a dynamic driver to handle the lows while the BA can be left to focus on the frequencys they excel.
biggrin.gif

I hope you get hold of the IT03' soon. I would love to hear your thoughts on the similarities / differences with the A83
(which I know you like!) :)

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #409 of 3,344
Just went back from audition.
Tested with foam tips and no EQ at all.
Volume and song can see my pic as below.

The sounds quality is great, especially "Bass" impactful & solid bass > better than my Martian & AK 3+1.
Mids pretty good, can't expected that good, can hear very clear vocals.
Treble was bad with stock cable, totally not bright at all, seem very flat, no having fun too, if I can live with stock cable.
Once swap to SXC24 treble were alive, can easily bring up song more having fun & pretty recent like a expensive IEM out there.

My conclusion still prefering with EQs to bring up more recent to me, cause I can't live without "Treble" is flat to me.
Shells is better design, unexpected that fits is awesome, totally solved an issue like rotation with mmcx cable together.

If you ask me? Sure i will buy.
Rating for this it03 : 4.5/5 (-0.5 due to cable)

42BA21E5-1BB3-4660-ADF3-45DA8F2757AB_zpsyash4h9z.jpg

Sep 29, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #412 of 3,344
glad to see many good impressions which means my recommendation for the it03 isnt that bad.
basically the it03's sub bass steals the show with its transparent and detailed mids which dont sound thin.

Sep 29, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #415 of 3,344
  Yeah, contemplating whether I should get a new source or just let em off.

If anyone in the US wants a pair but doesn't want to wait for CN shipping, I can 2-day ship it for $250; hopefully someone with a dedicated dap/amp could enjoy these more. 

How about a really cheap source that measures well and sounds good, too? Something like the AGPTek C05 for example (low noise floor, neutral sound, output impedance between 1 and 1.5 Ohms).

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #416 of 3,344
  Yeah, contemplating whether I should get a new source or just let em off.

If anyone in the US wants a pair but doesn't want to wait for CN shipping, I can 2-day ship it for $235; hopefully someone with a dedicated dap/amp could enjoy these more. 

I would use an old iRiver 120 or 140 over any of my phones but there is new stuff that offers a real bang for the buck. They are great for some things but I have tried them for music and they just don't do it, for me. As mentioned above, there are some inexpensive sources that can give you some really great musical enjoyment. Even if you don't keep the IT03, I would get something to enjoy the music with over my phones, but that is my opinion. Also something with 1 or less output impedance with IEM's coming in so low on their impedance these days. 

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #417 of 3,344

I would use an old iRiver 120 or 140 over any of my phones but there is new stuff that offers a real bang for the buck. They are great for some things but I have tried them for music and they just don't do it, for me. As mentioned above, there are some inexpensive sources that can give you some really great musical enjoyment. Even if you don't keep the IT03, I would get something to enjoy the music with over my phones, but that is my opinion. Also something with 1 or less output impedance with IEM's coming in so low on their impedance these days. 

Good advice! Streaming is quite critical to me so I have been looking at the newer 'hifi' phones, like the ZTE Axon 7 and LG V20. The only DAP that really makes it into my consideration is the DP-X1, or possibly the Shanling M1 for like a workout/exercising DAP.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #418 of 3,344
Good advice! Streaming is quite critical to me so I have been looking at the newer 'hifi' phones, like the ZTE Axon 7 and LG V20. The only DAP that really makes it into my consideration is the DP-X1, or possibly the Shanling M1 for like a workout/exercising DAP.

Just use this with your iPhone 5: http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MMX62AM/A/lightning-to-35-mm-headphone-jack-adapter

It's $9 and works if you have iOS 10. Output impedance is 0.3 ohms. Problem solved.

Sep 29, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #419 of 3,344

Ak70 will get streaming soon, and it is really portable. I believe the new Cayin i5 has streaming too, but I could be wrong. I know its based on Android 4.4 so I think it is there. I have the DP X1, and I'm not the biggest fan unless using balanced out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back