IBasso Audio IT03
Sep 27, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #301 of 3,344
From another Chinese forum: http://erji.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1931743

Again check out the pictures. There are quite a few.

On to the translation:
  1. Fit and comfort are great for a UIEM
    1. There is an upward protruding portion in the rear of its construction that supports the ear, allowing the weight of the IEM to be evenly distributed across 3 points. As a result, they feel light and comfortable 
    2. Gives the impression that they disappear in your ears
    3. Isolates well
  2. This IEM has my favoured sound signature (warm yet energetic and open sounding), first impressions are positive based on
    1. Overall sound quality: bass may be overwhelming out of the box, but improves with 30 hours of burn in; extension at both ends are not the best, neither is soundstage, but instrumental separation and imaging are accurate and natural; clean yet full sound with good cohesion (not sure how to translate 密度感); sound is layered well; treble extension would not be classified as 'bright' overall, but execution is smooth
    2. Overall listening experience: good for pop and vocals; female vocals sound smooth yet detailed, may lack sparkles in the treble, but still executed well; mids and vocals are thick and full and forward but not overwhelmingly so; natural and non-fatiguing sound; 'ambience' (again not sure how to translate this) is good, even though the transition from BA to DD is not entirely seamless - overall still sounds complete
    3. Balance: the IT03 presents with a golden ratio of distribution of energy (I'm guessing he's referring to a balanced frequency response), and together with its overall presentation, the listening experience is very natural and comfortable
  3. On paring: 
    1. Pairs easily with a range of DAPs; tried with FiiO amps, Hifiman DAPs (does not mention which models exactly)
    2. Warmer sources do not make it too thick or heavy
    3. Neutral ones have no issues
    4. Brighter amps will produce a blander sound
    5. Due to the inherent qualities of the IEM, so long as the source 
  4. Conclusion
    1. These may not be outstandingly great or creme de la creme in terms of quality, but they are very suitable for vocals and pop music with a great emotive presentation, it all depends on how it's priced (this was before the price was announced, I believe)

Sep 27, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #302 of 3,344
I'm very glad to hear all of the positive impressions. It looks like my pair never made it through US customs, and is being sent back to Singapore. I was supposed to have them yesterday, but I guess I will have to sadly wait and try to get by from reading this thread. 

Sep 27, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #303 of 3,344
  I'm very glad to hear all of the positive impressions. It looks like my pair never made it through US customs, and is being sent back to Singapore. I was supposed to have them yesterday, but I guess I will have to sadly wait and try to get by from reading this thread. 

OQceqDt.gif

I don't understand: why should customs send them back to Singapore?
blink.gif

Anyway, I hope they'll make it to your ears soon as you've clearly already paid for them...

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #304 of 3,344

u can get from penon audio

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #305 of 3,344
Hi all, I'm pretty new to Head-Fi but I've been pretty much a silent stalker here reading through this thread. 
biggrin.gif

I guessed I'm as equally excited as almost everyone here who either has, or pending shipment of their IT03. (I spent my whole weekend listening to demo IT03s from various shops and kinda concluded that it's time I'm back into some serious audio-setup)

Finally, I bite the bullet and purchase iBasso IT03 yesterday and have began burning running in these lovely candy-licious earphones. (Kinda cringe when i type this but boy.... I gotta admit that this pair of candies are indeed well-made, and very custom-looking. Just imagine you were heavily-breathing while trying to unbox the IT03..)

Before I continue talking about how it sounds, I'm a user of DX90 running on Lurker's custom firmware 2.5.1L0 (I may be experimenting with different firmwares made by Lurker, so if there's any bros here who are using DX90 with the Lurker firmware setup, please feel free to comment more about the combination)

Next, the fit was awesome. Best that I've ever had to be honest! The earphone sits in as well as a VSonic VSD3. The seal is perfect! (Spin-fit CP100 L was used in this process).

Next....

My choice of music are kinda... anime-ish (Which I hope you guys don't mind as these pieces are my best pieces which I really know best)

1. Eyes on Me by Crystal Kay (Final Fantasy Orchestra Album)
The IT03 reproduction on this piece feels very astounding to me. You can instantly feel the separation from the vocal and the background orchestra. Though analytical at start, the transition from the vocals to the background is indeed smooth and musical.

2. Dissidia Opening 
Final Fantasy Dissidia Opening is one of the messiest pieces I've even had. As a piece itself, you can feel the transition from peace to chaos. The biggest test comes after the 3rd minute when the momentum of this piece of music starts to act up, transiting into a state of chaos, that's where the biggest test of the mids comes in. IT03 reproduction of the mids is resounding. The clashes between the violins, cellos, flutes as well as the trumpets and the fast transitions, every detail was well articulated, not forgetting a slightly airy feel which does make you feel like you're in a concert hall! 
basshead.gif

3. Dark Defender by EVANGELION:3.0 YOU CAN(NOT)REDO.

This piece is my favourite piece as its my mood-bringer. This piece is a very very energetic piece and its a test on how energetic a pair of earphones can be. Gladly, the IT03 is a very energetic piece. This piece is a mixture of both organic instruments such as  trumpets, french horns and percussions as well as digital bass plus ambience vocals (like a choir), creating a very tough yet harmonic synergy in the music.

Overall, IT03 makes me very very excited after listening to this piece. 

Thank you for reading this wall of text! 
atsmile.gif

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #306 of 3,344
  Hi all, I'm pretty new to Head-Fi but I've been pretty much a silent stalker here reading through this thread. 
biggrin.gif

Thank you for reading this wall of text! 
atsmile.gif

Great first post => welcome to HF and thanks for sharing your impressions!
beerchug.gif

Sep 27, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #308 of 3,344
I could not stop myself.

Walked into my local audio store after dinner and sat down to audition these with my DP-X1.

Half and hour later, my wallet was lighter, but my bag was heavy with

Only 150hrs more before the musical bliss sets in :grin:

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #311 of 3,344
Alright, spent the last hour trying out different firmwares of DX90 (Lurker's only) together with the IT03 and here are my order of preference.

1. v2.1.5 L4 & v2.5.1 L0
3. v2.3.0 L2
4. v2.5.1 L2

1. v2.1.5 L4

This version is definitely my favourite and presently the permanent firmware on my player. Crispy highs with equal emphasis on mids. While I was playing "Dissidia Opening" and "Dark Defender", the amount of details coming from the mids are indeed astounding. Moreover, you can feel the dynamics of these pieces plus the energy vibes coming from it. Naturally, presentation of all pieces (which includes To Zanarkand and Eyes of Me by Crystal Kay) are equally sparkly! :basshead:

Overall, you'll get a very "happy" feel. :deadhorse:

Edit note:
I was listening to this firmware version setup while I was commuting to work, and I was thinking if I was hallucinating while reviewing this firmware together with the IT03.

Indeed the overall signature does feel very familiar (warmish signature), however, I start to notice the lack of details in the highs, which could be because of the sound signature which do have a more pronounced mids instead.

2. v2.5.1 L0

This version shows equal sparkly-showmanship on all 4 pieces of my music. Highs are lovely but mids aren't as dynamic as v2.1.5 L4. If v2.1.5  L4 is a happy boy, I will say v2.5.1 is a calm man with decent sparkly details.

3. v2.3.0 L2

This firmware version offers a veil over your mids. Its indeed less energetic or dynamic, separation between the trumpets and french horns were less distinctive as compared to the above 2 for "Dark Defender", mids felt more forward and less exciting. Call this version an old man.

4. v2.5.1 L2

Very similar to v2.3.0 L2 and the highs are very tamed. Nearly throw my DX90 out of the window. :mad:  

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #312 of 3,344
I could not stop myself.

Walked into my local audio store after dinner and sat down to audition these with my DP-X1.

Half and hour later, my wallet was lighter, but my bag was heavy with

Only 150hrs more before the musical bliss sets in :grin:

try it with spinfit

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #314 of 3,344

Not yet. It's odd because there is no indication on the tracking page that they actually did not pass customs or were being returned to sender. It basically just went backwards a step, and not my delivery date is just Pending. 

Yikes... I think you have to check with the retailer on this. Since you're importing from Singapore, do you happen to know the retailer you bought the IT03 from?

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #315 of 3,344
  Yikes... I think you have to check with the retailer on this. Since you're importing from Singapore, do you happen to know the retailer you bought the IT03 from?

only stereo electronics offer such service in singapore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back