I would appreciate some help, if you don't mind good sir.
Jun 19, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #16 of 39

Quote:
Honestly, I have the money, but I don't know if spending that much money to listen
To music is worth it to me. :/

Then why don't you get less expensive headphones just to get you started with above average audio?
There are very good budget headphones, like AKG K518, JVC HARX700, Sony XB500, Koss PortaPro, Sennheiser HD212, among many others that are under $100, and can be listened to without amps.

Jun 19, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #19 of 39
Those headphones can run straight from an iPod, no need to get an amp.
You should take a look at K518 and XB500, both could work out for you for now, as an entry to high quality audio.

Jun 19, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #21 of 39
Look, try the XB500, they can be had for less than $50, run without an amp, and suite the genres you want well.

Jun 19, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #23 of 39

Quote:
They look bulky Dx

That's why I say you have to know better what you want. Around the ear, over the ear, foldable, needing an amp or not, etc.

The AKG K518 DJ are over the ear and smaller.

Jun 19, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #24 of 39

Quote:
They look bulky Dx

The xb500s are bulky.  If you're not looking to spend too much but still experience some nice sounding cans you can always pick up a pair of porta pros.  They'll handle the latter half of your music needs (rock/metal/similar) well and, as the name suggests, are portable.

Jun 20, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #28 of 39
I would say avoid the porta pro unless you are on a very very tight budget.

Don't get me wrong though, I loved the sound that it makes but I hated its headband construction. It just felt really cheap/flimsy because it of its collapsable nature. And I always had my hair snatched by the piece that connects the metal band.

Jun 20, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #30 of 39
DJ1 being driven w/o an amp will prob still sound better then all these HPs in the under $100 list given above. I doubt an amp is gonna make a night and day difference with these and if and when you do buy an amp you will like the DJ1 slightly more but you wont be missing that much without an amp. the only thing is that you might have to turn the volume up high on the Ipod in order for them to sound great.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back