I want some good looking headphones.
Jul 8, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #47 of 171
There's practically no fashion headphones that have decent sound quality. I'm 16, how sexy do you think audiophile headphones look to me? Not very. I love music but it's not my life. Not close.

I don't know where you're from but I'm pretty sure everyone else thinks they look okay aesthetically. Unless you're old and have no sense in style. They look cool.

Funny thing that, all the 16 year old with fashion headphones look pretty much the same to me. No sense of unique style. Kinda like old people look to you.

Young teens... All trying to be fashionable and cool. Trying to be unique to the rest of the world but all being the same. They grow old and become a generation of same looking, acting people working, driving the same cars having the same toys and boring houses trying to be cooler than the next guy in their age bracket...

Be unique, go for good sound. Have the balls to be different. Do it right and you are actually cool. Or wear fashion headphones and follow the masses... err flock of sheep.

:wink:

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #48 of 171

Funny thing that, all the 16 year old with fashion headphones look pretty much the same to me. No sense of unique style. Kinda like old people look to you.

Young teens... All trying to be fashionable and cool. Trying to be unique to the rest of the world but all being the same. They grow old and become a generation of same looking, acting people working, driving the same cars having the same toys and boring houses trying to be cooler than the next guy in their age bracket...

Be unique, go for good sound. Have the balls to be different. Do it right and you are actually cool. Or wear fashion headphones and follow the masses... err flock of sheep.

wink.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #49 of 171

:wink:

Well put. I would be impressed if a teenager actually had some decent headphones. But seriously, the Crossovers really look the same as the Beats. Doesn't really inspire IMO.

Jul 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #50 of 171
Sorry for trying to be different then the masses. I'll just get some soul headphones. Too bad nobody has crossfades! Oh wait apparently they do. Everyone does. They are mainstream right?

Its not like I don't have other headphones my God. Try to be a little more stingy and dissaproving please.

Makes me feel great.

Jul 9, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #51 of 171
Sorry for trying to be different then the masses. I'll just get some soul headphones. Too bad nobody has crossfades! Oh wait apparently they do. Everyone does. They are mainstream right?

Its not like I don't have other headphones my God. Try to be a little more stingy and dissaproving please.

Makes me feel great.

Just being realistic. :) You're being different than the masses? I think you are trying to fit in with the other "cool kids" with their lifestyle products. I didn't mean it as a flame, just something to think about. It does seem I tickled your feather with my words, so the goal has been reached. :)

We are not the masses. We are like 2% of the worlds population at the most, that is including people who actually have stereos not pc speackers and iDocks.. :p The masses don't care about headphones much.

Jul 9, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #54 of 171
Just being realistic. :) You're being different than the masses? I think you are trying to fit in with the other "cool kids" with their lifestyle products. I didn't mean it as a flame, just something to think about. It does seem I tickled your feather with my words, so the goal has been reached. :)

We are not the masses. We are like 2% of the worlds population at the most, that is including people who actually have stereos not pc speackers and iDocks.. :p The masses don't care about headphones much.

Then i guess you can count me in with the masses. Sorry.

Jul 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #57 of 171
Quote:
That's funny I'll check them out haha

I have a pair. They sound pretty warm and sexy...but as a teen, I'd be embarrassed to walk around in them because they aren't very cool-looking. Just kidding. It's the 600ohms and semi-openness that makes them rather hard to use outside. (as an aside,I've been seeing a lot of people commute with the K240S so the design is apparently viable to use as a portable for some people)

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #60 of 171
Three options - akg k271, audio technica Esw9, grado Sr225. I'd say go with the akg, you might actually end up getting something that sounds half decent and that is worth keeping around.

I had the K271. The OP wants the headphones to be sleek and to take outside. The K271 are almost bigger than my face and they're also bass-light. Grado is open. I think the ESW9 is a good option, but it will cost anywhere from $150 to $300 depending on where you buy it. Audio Technica has other cheaper offerings in the ES series, such as the ES7, which offer way more clarity than whatever headphones the OP is looking at and the WS series which is the portable bass series. For what it's worth, I sold my old ES7's to a friend. He later tried some Beats and responded with a "No......."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back